Keto friends?!

Options
looking for friends who do keto! Please let me know if you have an open diary so I can add you :)

Replies

• BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did Keto last summer and got great results. How long have you been doing it?
  • MelodySmith511
    MelodySmith511 Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can add me as a friend or just go look at my diary. Also, go to Facebook group KEEPING IT KETO WITH FELICIANNURSE for great info & support :)
  • 21deadmonkeys
    21deadmonkeys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try this group out. I think there's even a thread for people looking for keto friends.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • vegaspack
    vegaspack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am doing Low carb too along w/ Phentermine if anyone wants to add me. Good luck to everyone as this definitely is a big lifestyle change : )
  • MelodySmith511
    MelodySmith511 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    vegaspack wrote: »
    I am doing Low carb too along w/ Phentermine if anyone wants to add me. Good luck to everyone as this definitely is a big lifestyle change : )

Is the phentermine a body builder thing? I've met & heard of several people recently doing it w/ low carb & for me, low carb is an appetite suppressant. So, does it serve another purpose? Is it for more energy?
  • vegaspack
    vegaspack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is primarily used as appetite suppressant but for some people it might boost energy. If you use it be sure you monitor your blood pressure closely.
  • margauxmilchen
    margauxmilchen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It boosts your metabolism too
  • AprilNovoa
    AprilNovoa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add anyone but I am happy to be friends with anyone doing keto. :) Just started 2 1/2 weeks ago. Keto newbie and new to fitness pal so learning a lot!
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    mines open and I'm always in ketosis, check it out! n add away!
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    vegaspack wrote: »
    Phentermine is primarily used as appetite suppressant but for some people it might boost energy. If you use it be sure you monitor your blood pressure closely.

I was on Phentermine I needed to get it as a prescription.. IT WORKED WONDERFULLY!!! but... My heart wouldn't stop palpitating like crazy.. it scared me so I stopped.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I spend most of my time in keto, although I do have days where I just don't care. Yesterday was one of them! I'm post-bariatric-surgery, so my eating isn't "normal" keto, but I'm always open to new friends.
  • al3xndurah
    al3xndurah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to keto and returning to mfp, would love some motivating friends! I used to be 242 lbs, went down to 124 lbs at my lowest 4 years ago and slowly the weight has crept up. Having a baby didn't help lol. I am now somewhere in the 150s and working my way back down!
  • ocarolmick
    ocarolmick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    XxNecraxX wrote: »
    mines open and I'm always in ketosis, check it out! n add away!

• purplesoulkari
    purplesoulkari Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends too!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am doing LCHF (low carb high fat) ...my diary is open to anyone .....You are more than welcome to add me ....Wishing everyone much success :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to so many of you new to MFP forums.

I have been total keto for the past 14 months to manage my pain and still have much to learn. After the first 90 days I was getting the hang of it I felt. Cutting out the grains and sugars knocked my pain levels down from 7-8 to 2-3 so I now I plan to stay in Nutritional Ketosis for life. :)

This article link below was shared on one of the MFP keto forums that I visit and it is titled, 13-common-keto-mistakes. It is a good list of mistakes most of us make or are still making long after we started.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10292885/ketovangelist-13-common-keto-mistakes#latest
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    AprilNovoa wrote: »
    I don't know how to add anyone but I am happy to be friends with anyone doing keto. :) Just started 2 1/2 weeks ago. Keto newbie and new to fitness pal so learning a lot!

I was hoping to find a link to show how to add someone as a friend that is on MFP so here is my approach.

1. Click on the person's photo or name under the photo that is to left side of their post.

2. That will bring up their profile if have have completed one.

3. You should see 2 buttons to the right of their photo. One is to send MESSAGE and the other one should say ADD AS FRIEND.

NOTE: if you click on your own photo/name the buttons will say Edit Profile or Edit Photo.

Hope that helps. If anyone wants to add me just click on my photo and then the add button . If not just click on my photo and see what I was talking about. Like with all SM you can remove a friend at a click. Over the past 14 months I have learned so much about keto right here on MFP.
  • lydiad56
    lydiad56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every person here that has said their diaries are open I get a message that says they are all private. Very confusing.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    lydiad56 wrote: »
    Every person here that has said their diaries are open I get a message that says they are all private. Very confusing.

Mine is open ..others comment on my wall about my diary looking good or whatnot ....could just be a glitch is the reason why you aren't able to view ...I hope it gets resolved
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Im actually interested in this diet. Can anyone yell me about it and help