Most Embarrasing Gym Moment. . . .

Options
13»

Replies

• FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My first attempt at assisted pull ups with resistance bands on rings...you connect the bands to the rings, then pull them down to get each elastic under the middle of your foot, making a U shape back up to the rings.... Managed the pull ups okay, but when it came time to 'dismount' I could only get one foot out. Im standing on one foot, pulling down on the band that has my other foot trapped, of course thats when I start leaning backwards, the elastic going with me and elegantly spin round and round and a wide circle until coming to a stop when my butt hits the ground. I sat there laughing hysterically and still trying to get out of the darn thing! Thank goodness it was a saturday morning just after opening!
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    LOL love these, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

A few years ago I tripped on the treadmill (thankfully walking fairly slowly in 'cool down' speed), ended up 'walking on my knees' for quite a bit before I was able to get off.

The guy two treadmills down (we were walking next to each other with several gym buddies) actually asked if I could do it again because he missed it LOL
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    So. Our local health club. Unbeknownst to me, the women in the locker room saw the bruises left by my wife's powerlifting suit (she's a world class powerlifter) and became concerned over spousal abuse.
    "Are you okay? Is everything alright at home?" they asked.
    "Oh, I'm fine." Jill prattled off oblivious to their concerns.
    They pointed to Jill's bruises. Jill unabashedly smiled and said, "Oh, I think it's fun."
    Their eyes got wide.
    Still not hip to the fact that they were not talking about powerlifting, my wife followed up with, "I like it. You should try it sometime."
    Now I understand why I got the weirdest looks when I walked in the health club that day.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Another one was when I was walking out of the gym past the daycare center. The attack came quickly...
    "Gee, mister. You're going bald."
    I looked down to see a diminutive second grade girl in a flower dress, hands on hips, assessing me confidently.
    "I know," I said. I squatted down so I could talk to her on-the-level. I tilted my head forward and rubbed the top of my head, so she could get a good view. "It's just that...when I was young, I...I...I didn't eat my vegetables."
    Her jaw went slack and her eyes glazed over as she reached for the top of her head. She turned and walked away, rubbing her head. As I had mine.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Friend and I go running 3 times a week. We've recently been trail running. Always tripping hazards on the trails. A few weeks ago, I finally had my first serious fall. Was sprinting to leap a log, caught my foot about 4 feet from the log on a rock, and literally flew over the log and landed face first into the dirt. I was covered head to toe in dirt. Was hilarious.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I thought my most embarrasing moment was when I was going like a madwoman on the rowing machine to reach a certain distance within the time - pulled too hard and went shooting off the back of the seat. landed on my bum behind the machine, with my trainers still in the stirrups - then I just burst out laughing at myself - miraculously noone saw me flying off the machine but everyone heard me laughing lol.

that was until I went to try out the assisted pull up bar machine the other week there - looked at the weight and thought I would see how it felt before adjusting it up or down - grabbed onto the bars at the same time as I stood on the platform - but didn't grip properly and it was so light I just fell all the way down and landed on a crumpled heap at the bottom. leapt back up as it it wasn't anything and casually adjusted the weight haha everyone was pretending not to see a thing but ouch I was sore. I got about a dozen bruises all over my arms and legs over the next few days - like impressively massive bruises all the way up my arms lol.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Another one was when I was walking out of the gym past the daycare center. The attack came quickly...
    "Gee, mister. You're going bald."
    I looked down to see a diminutive second grade girl in a flower dress, hands on hips, assessing me confidently.
    "I know," I said. I squatted down so I could talk to her on-the-level. I tilted my head forward and rubbed the top of my head, so she could get a good view. "It's just that...when I was young, I...I...I didn't eat my vegetables."
    Her jaw went slack and her eyes glazed over as she reached for the top of her head. She turned and walked away, rubbing her head. As I had mine.
    You should tell my kids, lol, ,lol!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    omg that is so funny i had tears rolling down my face reading it:laugh:
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was doing box jumps and put my feet too close to the box. When I jumped up, my foot hit the top of the box and I fell on top of it. I did that twice in one day. LOL!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I loaded up my warm up weight for Squats yesterday, first squat, down in the hole, shorts ripped from *kitten* to the end-of-leg seam. Changed into the sweats I'd walked to the gym in, second squat, ripped them from the *kitten* halfway down the leg. Laughed again, and just carried on as they had a lining and I do wear underwear :P
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    A few years ago my husband and I were working with a trainer at a local gym. His "rule" was that we should get there 30 minutes early and do cardio until our sessions with him as warm up. I was also struggling with severe insomnia at the time - there were more than one occasion when I fell asleep on the recumbent bike during my warm up and he (trainer) had to wake me up and send me home!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Can I be embarassed for the kid next to me?

Maybe 13 years old looking nervous, one of his first times at the gym trying to figure out what he's doing (more power to him btw, totally cool).

Anyhow he's on the smith machine right next to where I'm doing my military presses, and I'm doing my last set to excess... let out a big 'ol grunt and spooked the hell out of him... but he was already under the bar getting ready to unhook so he just jumped up into the bar and hobbled forward.

I laughed and talked to him about what he was up to.