Lean bulk or dirty bulk? What do you prefer

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Go with lean unless there is some specific reason you want to add the extra fat.

the gainz bra- the gainz
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a dirty bulk more.

I enjoy the minimal cutting from a leaner bulk more. But it takes the fun out of bulking to keep a Watchful Eye on your surplus...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Go with lean unless there is some specific reason you want to add the extra fat.

the gainz bra- the gainz

LOL, and new pants. ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

I enjoy the minimal cutting from a leaner bulk more. But it takes the fun out of bulking to keep a Watchful Eye on your surplus...

pretty much this...i hated my cut though...but yeah, I pretty much ate to abandon when I did my bulk, which was pretty fun...and it was winter and all of the holidays and whatnot.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

pretty much this...i hated my cut though...but yeah, I pretty much ate to abandon when I did my bulk, which was pretty fun...and it was winter and all of the holidays and whatnot.

I found with my activity level I was able to clean bulk on 3500 to 4000 calories a day, which is a lot of fun! :) I actually started to lower my activity a bit when I was hitting 4200 one week and just got sick of eating so much rich foods. :cookie:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I found with my activity level I was able to clean bulk on 3500 to 4000 calories a day, which is a lot of fun! :) I actually started to lower my activity a bit when I was hitting 4200 one week and just got sick of eating so much rich foods. :cookie:

3500 to 400 was a half pound gain for you???? damn …

I was at about 3100 at the end of bulk ..

and I agree with @cwolfman13 the cutting blew. I just transitioned to about .5 pound per week loss and august 1 it is back to maintenance, and then back to bulking september 1
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

@Wheelhouse15 you & I are quite similar in that regard.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    um, how about just plain ole dirty..........
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

@Wheelhouse15 you & I are quite similar in that regard.

Yeah, I think you are still about 500 calories higher than me. That's a lot lol.