Lipo/B12 injections HORROR!

Options
124»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What's more important? Being healthy and alive or being thin? Sounds like you participate in a lot of risky behaviors in your quest to be thin. Be kind to your body and quit with the magic potions before you end up with serious damage. Eat at a calorie deficit and get some exercise. You long term health will thank you for it.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    You got a lot of good advice in this thread, but you always get a lot of good advice in your threads. I wonder how many pounds you would have lost by now with a 500+ calorie deficit? I feel like I've lost three.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    How many weight loss clinic shortcuts are you either taking or considering?

It would be best to lay them all out in one thread. Jumping around the forum debunking them is exhausting.
  • igottalose50
    igottalose50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i get the vitamine B12 on my arm ...n the lipo shot on my belly area its working really good ....what nutritionist do you go to? if you dont mind me asking ...cause where i go you can also purchase the lipo pills instead of the shot n that one works on your whole body ..
  • igottalose50
    Options
    b12 is not to lose weight its to give you energy...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    What kind of crazy DoctorOzery quack nonsense is this?

A naturopath
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, I'm dubious how B12 helps you lose weight.

I'm confused as to why you can't just take B12 vitamin pills (I took them as a vegetarian)

If you insist on taking it there's a nasal spray gel up for prescription. My father takes it (pathology involved) and it works well for him.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a604029.html
    Not everyone can absorb B-12 orally. Some people need shots.

So many,many different health issues out there and many different ways to treat them!

These shots, these Lipo things are NOT the same thing as a regular old B-12 shot.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    How many weight loss clinic shortcuts are you either taking or considering?

It would be best to lay them all out in one thread. Jumping around the forum debunking them is exhausting.

She said in one of her many threads that she lost weight before. I find that very hard to believe.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    So, I'm dubious how B12 helps you lose weight.

I'm confused as to why you can't just take B12 vitamin pills (I took them as a vegetarian)

If you insist on taking it there's a nasal spray gel up for prescription. My father takes it (pathology involved) and it works well for him.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a604029.html
    Not everyone can absorb B-12 orally. Some people need shots.

So many,many different health issues out there and many different ways to treat them!

These shots, these Lipo things are NOT the same thing as a regular old B-12 shot.

Well, as no pathology was stated, I assumed there was none. Unless I missed it somewhere OP has no absorption issues.

I know about them well, as I stated my father has a pathology.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    b12 is not to lose weight its to give you energy...

But if there is no illness keeping you from absorbing the B12 then why take shots?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    wow...my mom gets those shots but she is b12 deficient...they haven't helped her lose any weight...

Actually, weight loss can be a sign of B12 decifiency anemia. Short time after I started with B12 injections, my weight loss slowed down noticably - while I kept my deficite at the same level.
  • igottalose50
    Options
    crazyjerseygirl....i was telling her she might be confusing the lipo shot with the b12....but anyways i think it just depends on how people want to take their vitamins
    its a choice ...
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    Are you in Miami?...

The plan you are on sounds like what I did years ago. It was a B12 shot with a Phen pill (37 mgs) and some vitamins. We would go to a "doctors" office every week, get weighed, get the shot in the butt. and out the door. Sometime, we would get a sort of a plasma(sp) that would "cleanse" you for more weight loss. He did take our blood pressure and told us not to exercise more than a 20 minute walk. A friend and I did it for about 5 months... I lost about 50 lbs. From 185 to 138 (lowest).

In those months I had dry mouth, took my pill first thing in the morning or I couldn't sleep if I took it past 9 am. Also, got crazy dizzy spells when I stood up suddenly. My friend lost about 40 ( she needed less to lose). Felt her heart beat wasn't the same. Anyway, we got off it and very soon began to gain. When we gained about 15 lbs. we tried to do it again.... Didn't work. It was like we were immune to the appetite supressant.

Fast forward... I gained about 35 of the almost 50. It didn't happen instantly, because I had developed a habit of exercising 7 - 8 hours a week and counting calories. As soon as i stopped exercising intensely, I gained most of it back. When I tried to doing it with only diet and exercise it was really hard... I think because my metabolisim had slowed with the 50 lbs loss without exercise (which was probably a lot of muscle).

Now, after deciding on Sept 15, 2014, I've lost a total of 10 lbs. without stressing too much. Yes, It's taking a long time, but I believe it was because I lost those lbs in an unhealthy way.

If your plan is helping you succeed, I'm happy for you. However, just know that those pills don't work forever, you should use this time to get some better habits for yourself. I got my habit of drinking water from that dry mouth time.

Good luck to you!

This is exactly the routine and I'm in Alabama.
    I don't want to keep getting these shots in my butt, so as of today, I'm so done with that.
    He didn't limit the amount of exercise so I exercise fairly heavy & walk long distances.
    I told the doc I wasn't lazy or didn't have the energy just had an ongoing appetite, he assured me that I needed both. No more shots. I eat totally different on Phen, I don't even think about fast foods, chips, fried foods, candy, sodas none of that! I haven't had any at all! And it hasn't hurt my feelings. My water intake has increased greatly! I'll use this to learn through MFP how to get it together and keep it together. I'm 27 and has got to start living.
    Thanks. @spicy618

You can do it, grl! It will be slow and not easy, but you can absolutely lose the weight and be healthy. Stick to mfp for inspiration. Read the Success Stories forum! And keep posting. Everyone is rooting for you.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I needed b12 for awhile because I was deficient. They aren't sure if it was autoimmune or the neuro issues or what. Either way, I did the shots weekly for a month and then they switched me to nasal spray! The brand is nascobal (generic cyanocobalamin) 500 mcg spray nasally q week. They were a little pricey (I think $40 for a month supply) but kept my level a-ok. These work for those that can't absorb dietary b12. I liked it better than the shots.

Now we have switched to a high dose sublingual b complex so I don't need the separate riboflavin. That one has been working well and is only $8 or so a month. My current level is 875.

Mine has zero to do with weight loss and more to do with some neurologic problems, but just a thought that if you really need b12 other than the sublingual there is a nasal spray!