Lipo/B12 injections HORROR!

Options

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    OMG I saw a guy on "Botched" that had been doing those shots, they do such weird things to your body - he had lumps and bumps all over from the stuff coagulating inside of him and various areas where his body had actually "walled off" the poison inside balls of scar tissue.

You are really into fads and stuff, huh?

This sounds absolutely terrifying. I wish people would just stop trying to make it so dangerous and complicated to lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Uuuugggghh..... mentally, it just seems so hard to do without some medical help.
    I do see where I could drop the B12 Lipo injections but see where I need to keep the Adipex/Phentremine for now because without it, I feel I could eat a house.
    So you'll stay on it for the rest of your life? Because feeling like you could eat a house is more a habitual response than a "need" response. People are creatures of habit. So once you're off the phen, you'll go back to eating that way again.................................unless you learn how to change the habit on your own WITHOUT the drug.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Who is giving you shots in the butt? Don't let them. You shouldn't get shots in the butt. The practice was discontinued eons ago because doctors and nurses occasionally hit the sciatic nerve and caused people a lifetime of pain.

This would indicate (which is no surprise) that whoever is giving you these shots doesn't know what the heck they're doing.

Would you snort any powder someone placed in front of you up your nose? No, of course not. So do not let people inject you with anything. It's likely that what they're injecting you with is just salt water, but they could be injecting anything. And there you are, saying, "Okay. Go on. Put whatever is in there into my blood." That's crazy dangerous.

Do not take any pill, injection, powder or food substance unless you trust the source. That's your body. Your health. Maybe your life. And you are gambling with it.

If you want to lose weight, suck it up and go on a diet.
  • tiffanyslimdown
    tiffanyslimdown Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Uuuugggghh..... mentally, it just seems so hard to do without some medical help.

On the contrary, weight loss is beautiful in it's simplicity.

Eat less calories.

Note, simple does not = easy. It's very simple, but it's not always easy.

:)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I do see where I could drop the B12 Lipo injections but see where I need to keep the Adipex/Phentremine for now because without it, I feel I could eat a house.
    So you'll stay on it for the rest of your life? Because feeling like you could eat a house is more a habitual response than a "need" response. People are creatures of habit. So once you're off the phen, you'll go back to eating that way again.................................unless you learn how to change the habit on your own WITHOUT the drug.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

He's right. You're setting yourself up to being addicted to phen. I'd be terrified to know the long term effects of that considering the short term.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow...my mom gets those shots but she is b12 deficient...they haven't helped her lose any weight...
  • tiffanyslimdown
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    OMG I saw a guy on "Botched" that had been doing those shots, they do such weird things to your body - he had lumps and bumps all over from the stuff coagulating inside of him and various areas where his body had actually "walled off" the poison inside balls of scar tissue.

You are really into fads and stuff, huh?

This sounds absolutely terrifying. I wish people would just stop trying to make it so dangerous and complicated to lose weight.

The more and more I read on this the sicker I get. Oh my Lord!
    I gotta tell & believe in myself that I can do it..... minus these injections.
    I weigh in today to see how much I've lost within a week.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

He is giving you the best advice
  • tiffanyslimdown
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Who is giving you shots in the butt? Don't let them. You shouldn't get shots in the butt. The practice was discontinued eons ago because doctors and nurses occasionally hit the sciatic nerve and caused people a lifetime of pain.

This would indicate (which is no surprise) that whoever is giving you these shots doesn't know what the heck they're doing.

Would you snort any powder someone placed in front of you up your nose? No, of course not. So do not let people inject you with anything. It's likely that what they're injecting you with is just salt water, but they could be injecting anything. And there you are, saying, "Okay. Go on. Put whatever is in there into my blood." That's crazy dangerous.

Do not take any pill, injection, powder or food substance unless you trust the source. That's your body. Your health. Maybe your life. And you are gambling with it.

I even purchased some shots and have 1 left in my fridge which I'm suppose to inject myself with today. I won't! I promise I won't! I'll just take that $20 lost.
    Smh, I gotta change my thinking!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    I take a (doctor recommened) suppliment. No shot needed and it has brought up my levels in my blood tests.

Im not deficient in B12. I'm actually taking this combination to aid in weight loss.
    @Dariasen

Your doctor is completely lost on how to lose weight.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Dariasen wrote: »
    I take a (doctor recommened) suppliment. No shot needed and it has brought up my levels in my blood tests.

Im not deficient in B12. I'm actually taking this combination to aid in weight loss.
    @Dariasen

Your doctor is completely lost on how to lose weight.

It's not "her" doctor. I'm guessing she found a Groupon and this is some "weight loss clinician" person. Oh dear sweet lord I hope that's the case. I have zero faith in actual doctors but this would be pretty low indeed.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1. Lipodissolve and B12 are two different things. Lipodissolve is the chemical alluded to up thread that causes uncontrolled lipoatrophy. It had been discontinued but was re-released this year under a different name.

2. There is no evidence to support B12 injections in the absence of deficiency

3. LipoB12 sounds like a branded (and therefore more expensive) injection with a confusing name. The reason these chemicals are branded like this is to allude to weight loss properties without making outright claims.

OP: if you signed a consent form prior to getting the injections, get a copy so you can figure out what the injection is. If not, get a copy of your medical records. That way you can figure out if there is a risk of lipoatrophy or not.

Eta: lipodissolve has been re-released under the name "kybella".

LipoB is an injectable multivitamin with no chemicals that are known to break down fat at the injection site. IM is the recommended injection site for B12 injections.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

You're trying to blame genetics for your obesity, trying to figure out what sort of fat gets burned easier, getting butt injections and taking weight loss drugs.

How about you just put some work into it, like almost everyone else on here.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

You're trying to blame genetics for your obesity, trying to figure out what sort of fat gets burned easier, getting butt injections and taking weight loss drugs.

How about you just put some work into it, like almost everyone else on here.

Yup OP is just not ready yet like a lot of folks in the world.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I even purchased some shots and have 1 left in my fridge which I'm suppose to inject myself with today. I won't! I promise I won't! I'll just take that $20 lost.
    Most of the people buying these shots - and a friend of mine did it, I'm not slamming people who do it - are buying a kind of salt water that is totally safe. Does nothing for weight loss! But it's safe. They tell you that something special is in there, but it's just salt water. Some people bought poison, though. You just don't know wth is in there.

It sounds medical because B-12 shots are a real thing. But unless you have pernicious anemia or something, you don't need them...and they aren't for weight loss. The real thing doesn't have this "lipo" business attached to the name.

There is no miracle fat cure. When there is, it will be broadcast on all the TV news, in the papers, on every magazine cover and everyone will talk about it. You won't have to guess or luck into hearing about it.

Until that day comes (if it ever does), quit looking for the secret miracle fat cure.

Suck it up. Go on a diet.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

You will make it if you do this

• tiffanyslimdown
    Options
    1. Lipodissolve and B12 are two different things. Lipodissolve is the chemical alluded to up thread that causes uncontrolled lipoatrophy. It had been discontinued but was re-released this year under a different name.

3. LipoB12 sounds like a branded (and therefore more expensive) injection with a confusing name. The reason these chemicals are branded like this is to allude to weight loss properties without making outright claims.

OP: if you signed a consent form prior to getting the injections, get a copy so you can figure out what the injection is. If not, get a copy of your medical records. That way you can figure out if there is a risk of lipoatrophy or not.

Thanks & I sure will get that information when I go back. I was only told what it was, spoke with others in the waiting area who said it was helping them (along with taking Phen 37.5) and paid by expensive fee & got it.
    Here, it was $135 for the first time, its $45 monthly fee just because, and $20 per shot that they encourage you to get weekly. I never saw the doctor! Only nurses.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    B12 injections basically give you really expensive pee... Unless you're deficient in vitamin B.

Vitamin B is one of the water soluble vitamins that your body will excrete (pee out) if you have too much of it. Your body will use what it needs, which is most likely obtained from your diet, then pee out the rest.

Basically, you paying for these injections is literally flushing your money down the toilet (unless you're deficient in Vitamin B ).

Also, ninerbuff is correct when he says: unless you learn to control your appetite, you'll need the pills forever. As soon as you stop them, your hunger will come back. You will have learned very little about eating in moderation in the face of "I could eat a house hunger" that you will rebound and gain weight back. Plus, they haven't been studied for long periods of use, so no one really knows what they're doing to your body.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

The plan you are on sounds like what I did years ago. It was a B12 shot with a Phen pill (37 mgs) and some vitamins. We would go to a "doctors" office every week, get weighed, get the shot in the butt. and out the door. Sometime, we would get a sort of a plasma(sp) that would "cleanse" you for more weight loss. He did take our blood pressure and told us not to exercise more than a 20 minute walk. A friend and I did it for about 5 months... I lost about 50 lbs. From 185 to 138 (lowest).

In those months I had dry mouth, took my pill first thing in the morning or I couldn't sleep if I took it past 9 am. Also, got crazy dizzy spells when I stood up suddenly. My friend lost about 40 ( she needed less to lose). Felt her heart beat wasn't the same. Anyway, we got off it and very soon began to gain. When we gained about 15 lbs. we tried to do it again.... Didn't work. It was like we were immune to the appetite supressant.

Fast forward... I gained about 35 of the almost 50. It didn't happen instantly, because I had developed a habit of exercising 7 - 8 hours a week and counting calories. As soon as i stopped exercising intensely, I gained most of it back. When I tried to doing it with only diet and exercise it was really hard... I think because my metabolisim had slowed with the 50 lbs loss without exercise (which was probably a lot of muscle).

Now, after deciding on Sept 15, 2014, I've lost a total of 10 lbs. without stressing too much. Yes, It's taking a long time, but I believe it was because I lost those lbs in an unhealthy way.

If your plan is helping you succeed, I'm happy for you. However, just know that those pills don't work forever, you should use this time to get some better habits for yourself. I got my habit of drinking water from that dry mouth time.

Good luck to you!

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Eta: lipodissolve has been re-released under the name "kybella".

LipoB is an injectable multivitamin with no chemicals that are known to break down fat at the injection site. IM is the recommended injection site for B12 injections.

Thanks for (hopefully) the correction. I did assume because of the name.