My arms are as big as THIGHS! What can I do? Plz

I have never worn anything sleeveless! Ever! I've always had these big big arms.
On my weight loss journey to lose 50lbs by November how, in the process, how can I work on these 50 pound arms? Will they shrink ANY with my weight lost or hang longer?
Advice please! Plz oh Plz.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    You cannot spot reduce. They will go down as the rest of you goes down.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    You can't spot reduce unfortunately. You should look into some sort of strength training programs like NROLFW.
  • tiffanyslimdown
    tiffanyslimdown Posts: 76 Member
    Wow! Smh, thanks. I'm hoping they at least get smaller and skin tighten up some.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Lose body fat by a calorie defecit

Move more

Weight train to preserve muscles

Stop looking for quick fixes

Fix your lifestyle so it becomes natural
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    You've already noticed some looseness from your weight loss so far. That's the way it will go, and the skin will tighten up over a year or so. Chances are you will end up with floppy skin. Your profile will be so much better, though. I still am amazed that I can squeeze through tighter spaces, and that I have a lap!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Spend less time on the forum and more time developing good eating habits and exercising.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I've been swimming one or twice per week over the past few weeks and lost 1/4 inch on my left bicep and 1/8 inch on my right bicep from 6/25 to today. In that time, I lost just 1 pound. Am curious to see where I'll be at the end of the summer.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    As others have said, you cannot spot reduce. However, as you lose weight (by eating at a calorie deficit and exercising... although the latter isn't a requirement), your entire body will get smaller... including your arms. I didn't have that much to lose when I started losing weight, but my arms definitely got smaller. Also do some arm strength exercises. I use some of the machines at the gym :)
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    A little weight loss goes a long way all over your body too. With the almost 20lbs I've lost I've had to tighten my watch and can fit my BP cuff correctly around my upper arm...combined with the areas in which I lost as well.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Mine too. I just invite people to the gun show.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Go on a diet. Eat less food. Eat more fruits, veggies, lean white meats and whole grain breads. You'll stay full and lose weight. :)
  • tiffanyslimdown
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Lol! When mines look like yours, I'll invite others too.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Girl, you can so do that

Calorie defecit

Progressive resistance training

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Lose your 50 pounds. They'll get smaller. I promise. I guarantee it.
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member

Live your life now, not later. Saying "I'll do blah when I lose the weight" may seem motivating but it's just a way of rationalizing self-loathing.

If you have big arms now, in a few months you'll have wings of loose skin like Rocky the Flying Squirrel. The alternative is that you don't try and in a few months you still have big arms. Decide that you prefer change.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    flaminica wrote: »

Live your life now, not later. Saying "I'll do blah when I lose the weight" may seem motivating but it's just a way of rationalizing self-loathing.

If you have big arms now, in a few months you'll have wings of loose skin like Rocky the Flying Squirrel. The alternative is that you don't try and in a few months you still have big arms. Decide that you prefer change.

bold is an assumption.

• tiffanyslimdown
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

bold is an assumption.

:neutral:
  • tiffanyslimdown

@flaminica :neutral::neutral:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

bold is an assumption.

:neutral:

OP you don't know if you are going to have a loose skin issue. That just sounds like an excuse to stay overweight.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    They will shrink! I've lost almost 50 lbs and here is my arm progress:

https://instagram.com/p/4YMjZdgrnf/?taken-by=arielle_xii