My arms are as big as THIGHS! What can I do? Plz

2»

Replies

• tiffanyslimdown
    tiffanyslimdown Posts: 76 Member
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    They will shrink! I've lost almost 50 lbs and here is my arm progress:

https://instagram.com/p/4YMjZdgrnf/?taken-by=arielle_xii

Now, that's great! I worry because my arms are probably three of yours. I'll wait to see what they're like fifty pounds down and in due time.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Try lifting weights, boxing, etc. Be creative in finding ways to work out your arms. Otherwise, just focus on overall weight loss.
    Best!
  • tiffanyslimdown
    MidwaysT wrote: »
    Try lifting weights, boxing, etc. Be creative in finding ways to work out your arms. Otherwise, just focus on overall weight loss.
    Best!

Thanks a lot! Will do.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Spend less time on the forum and more time developing good eating habits and exercising.

^^^THIS!!^^^
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Loose skin is a lot easier to deal with than heart disease, diabetes, strokes, etc. Just incorporate some weight training into your routine and don't try to rush things. Do your part and let your body do its part. I made the mistake of worrying about loose skin to the point that I got discouraged, and now I realize that it's a not a terrible problem to have because it means you lost the weight and there are tons of plastic surgeons who will fix you all up if you get there and are so inclined. Also, if you want to wear a sleeveless top, go for it. If other people are offended by my big arms, that's on them, not me.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited July 2015
    laurajo521 wrote: »
    Loose skin is a lot easier to deal with than heart disease, diabetes, strokes, etc. Just incorporate some weight training into your routine and don't try to rush things. Do your part and let your body do its part. I made the mistake of worrying about loose skin to the point that I got discouraged, and now I realize that it's a not a terrible problem to have because it means you lost the weight and there are tons of plastic surgeons who will fix you all up if you get there and are so inclined. Also, if you want to wear a sleeveless top, go for it. If other people are offended by my big arms, that's on them, not me.

I don't want to have unnecessary surgery, so I doubt that I'll have my very gross, loose, hanging skin removed.

I do agree on the sleeveless shirts, though. If anyone is lucky enough to consider seeing my loose skin an actual problem, they'll just have to get over it, lol.

It's too hot for sleeves and I'm not wearing any. :)
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Lose more weight. Start weight training.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,137 MFP Staff
    edited July 2015
    So I have cleaned up this discussion and removed several posts that were derailed or feeding drama unrelated to the questions at hand. If you don't like the question someone asks, please move on if you don't have something useful to add; we shouldn't assume new people are trolls because they are asking basic questions. When people give you advice, even if you don't like it, don't attack the messenger. If you feel attacked, ignore it and/or report it, but don't add to it. /Public Service Announcement
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Lift heavy and keep losing fat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    CICO
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    CICO

Have you seeing some of OP threads?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    OP, I lost 50 lbs over five months - there was some sickness involved there, don't push yourself to lose that fast. I have kept the weight off for 18 months now. my arms and thighs were both mostly fat. I don't have loose skin on my arms and don't have much on my thighs now. Early on in my weight loss, I went to either Wal-Mart or Target and bought light hand weights. I carried them doing biceps curls, arm circles, and overhead triceps extensions when I walked. (Yes, I got some weird looks, but at some point you have to be willing to be different to be better.) I think those simple high rep/low weight exercises helped prevent the loose skin. Can't hurt anyway.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • tiffanyslimdown
    Hmm....
    OP, I lost 50 lbs over five months - there was some sickness involved there, don't push yourself to lose that fast. I have kept the weight off for 18 months now. my arms and thighs were both mostly fat. I don't have loose skin on my arms and don't have much on my thighs now. Early on in my weight loss, I went to either Wal-Mart or Target and bought light hand weights. I carried them doing biceps curls, arm circles, and overhead triceps extensions when I walked. (Yes, I got some weird looks, but at some point you have to be willing to be different to be better.) I think those simple high rep/low weight exercises helped prevent the loose skin. Can't hurt anyway.
    Good luck on your journey.

Thanks you for responding. Melissa, I have light weights and first my thinking was because they wasn't giving me a "hurt" while lifting them, that they were too light. As I've asked questions and learned, light weights and high reps can be a great plus as you said. Yes, its going to take being different to be better and look past the stares and weird looks and friends encouraging bad habits lol. I don't think this journey will be as hard as anticipated with a determined mind.
    Heanthy living to you.... @MelissaPhippsFeagins