Macros vs. calories

Options
2»

Replies

• BetterBod91
    BetterBod91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

It's 60g protons

Protons are delicious but they don't give you as much energy as eating electrons.

Lol wow
  • BetterBod91
    BetterBod91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So much helpful information. Thanks guys ❤️
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If you're counting macros you're inadvertently also counting calories. If you have a goal of for example 100g protein, 50 g fat, 150 g carbs that would be 1450 calories.
  • Pricciard
    Pricciard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    katerams wrote: »

It's 60g protons

Protons are delicious but they don't give you as much energy as eating electrons.

I laughed

Awesome...
  • paulfd
    paulfd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To sum it up from many previous posts.

* Counting a set number of macro's is counting calories.
    * Counting macro's is an invaluable tool to fine tune your body composition, gain muscle, and improve athletic performance.

If you keep under your calories you'll loose weight even with the all twinkie diet. But your body will stay flabby, you'll be tired, and athletic performance would be terrible.

• woodhouse_j2
    woodhouse_j2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just out of interest and i would never do this if i had 5 double cheeseburger from macdonalds everyday with a total of 2185 calories would i lose weight? My allowance is over 2200 in order to lose a pound a week. If the answer is no then we have to keep an eye on the macros a little. (i know this is a stupid post)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    just out of interest and i would never do this if i had 5 double cheeseburger from macdonalds everyday with a total of 2185 calories would i lose weight? My allowance is over 2200 in order to lose a pound a week. If the answer is no then we have to keep an eye on the macros a little. (i know this is a stupid post)

You would lose just the same. Maybe retain some water.