Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Afraid to stop my new daily cardio routine. *I enjoy it, its fun!

Replies

• unmatcheddiscipline
    unmatcheddiscipline Posts: 101 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

if you only eat 1300 and burn 1000 that means you are netting 300 for that particular day, which is not good at all.

what you need to do is eat to the number that MFP gave you and then NET that number.

so if MFP gives you 1500 to lose x amount and you burn 1000 calories and back half of them (500) then your intake for the day should be 2000 - 500 burned = 1500 net ..

if you do not fuel your body then your work outs are going to suffer big time.

you may want to also re-think the whole "clean eating" mantra …..

OMG, I didn't know that I was doing that!!! No wonder I am starving, but I have Mr. Annoying my bf in my ear telling me to slow down on my eating, but he's never had a weight problem. I'm so glad you broke that down for me. I don't feel bad at all now that you've told me this information!!!! You're the bomb.com LOL I'm so ancient lol

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    That make a lot of sense, and that's why I go hard as I can to make sure I get in my burn, because the overestimation is highly likely. I ride up hills non-stop, and being from Cali I ride aggressively, so I maneuver rarely stopping at a light.

I'm eating anywhere from 1300-2500 depending on how hungry I am.

Couple of things:
    1. That's a solid workout-I'd shoot for an estimate of 2/3-3/4 of my my ride's calorie burn. Eat some nutrient dense carbs. Your poor, glycogen depleted muscles will thank you. Since I don't know your stats, I can't comment on your overall intake, but for serious cycling, eat those cals back and don't try to lose more than a pound a week unless very obese.
    2. Get Strava. It's like Map My Ride's cool older brother.
    3. Don't be that cyclist everybody hates. Obey traffic laws or go somewhere you have the road to yourself. Cyclists who run stop signs and weave around stopped cars are why people throw Big Gulps at the rest of us. Learn the traffic laws and share the road. Please :smile:
  • unmatcheddiscipline

Please don't. The battle between cyclists and motorists is bad enough. Things like this are the reason why a lot motorists dislike cyclists.

LOL Us Cali ppl think we RULE the road, it could be a car, bike, skates, walking, etc. LOL but seriously I am trying to be really safe out there and not all in the way because some ppl are idiots and see ppl in their way as 20-100 points.
  • SBRRepeat
    Thx yall. I tried to tell my bf I need the calories, but he makes me feel guilty and say I don't have discipline, LOL he's annoying and I tell him so while munching on something healthy, he's a hater LOL. I really agree I need to take a day off, I want to go out tonight so bad, but I won't. I appreciate yall so so so much!!! I don't want to burn out. I didn't mean to sound aggressive if I did in my replies if I came off that way.

if your BF is making you feel guilty about eating, then I suggest you drop him …seriously.

And, yeah, this.
  • unmatcheddiscipline

if your BF is making you feel guilty about eating, then I suggest you drop him …seriously.

He's a really good guy, an avid chess player who try to utilize reverse psychology on me to keep me going, but I see through it, and try to ignore his annoying remarks. He knows I will yack, yack, yack until he screams when he bothers me.

• unmatcheddiscipline
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

Couple of things:
    1. That's a solid workout-I'd shoot for an estimate of 2/3-3/4 of my my ride's calorie burn. Eat some nutrient dense carbs. Your poor, glycogen depleted muscles will thank you. Since I don't know your stats, I can't comment on your overall intake, but for serious cycling, eat those cals back and don't try to lose more than a pound a week unless very obese.
    2. Get Strava. It's like Map My Ride's cool older brother.
    3. Don't be that cyclist everybody hates. Obey traffic laws or go somewhere you have the road to yourself. Cyclists who run stop signs and weave around stopped cars are why people throw Big Gulps at the rest of us. Learn the traffic laws and share the road. Please :smile:

I'm fat as hell! LOL, gained a lot of weight since January. I'm glad I only bought the app for the month, and I'll check out Strava, I need ALL the help I can get :wink: Ok I don't want to die, be hated or have other cyclists get sticky stuff thrown on them because I weaved a car the day before. I appreciate the great advice!!! I so needed all of this from all of you! I don't feel like crap anymore after hearing from all of you. I know for certain I don't want to starve, or lose muscle. I'll be happy to lose 2 lbs per week. I keep up with my body measurements and the inches are coming off, before it was all about starving, barely exercise, and the scale. No more skinny fat, I want a lean body, and I wish all of you the best!!!

-Dreams without goals are just a dream!

• unmatcheddiscipline
    I'll open up my food diary if you all want to see it? And let me know what I'm doing is right or wrong.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I'll open up my food diary if you all want to see it? And let me know what I'm doing is right or wrong.

sure if you want to …

I am thinking your main problem is going to be not eating enough ...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member

if you only eat 1300 and burn 1000 that means you are netting 300 for that particular day, which is not good at all.

what you need to do is eat to the number that MFP gave you and then NET that number.

so if MFP gives you 1500 to lose x amount and you burn 1000 calories and back half of them (500) then your intake for the day should be 2000 - 500 burned = 1500 net ..

OMG, I didn't know that I was doing that!!! No wonder I am starving, but I have Mr. Annoying my bf in my ear telling me to slow down on my eating, but he's never had a weight problem. I'm so glad you broke that down for me. I don't feel bad at all now that you've told me this information!!!! You're the bomb.com LOL I'm so ancient lol

Run this man over with your bike!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Ha yeah. While holding a cupcake. Please.
  • SBRRepeat

sure if you want to …

I am thinking your main problem is going to be not eating enough ...

I won't be able to see it- some weird glitch on iPhone? I can only seem friends' diaries.

I agree with NDJ. I'd focus on taking it super slow and fueling your body appropriately for your workouts.

You might find Matt Fitzgerald's books helpful- try Racing Weight and Diet Cults- I always recommend him to folks looking to drop pounds while training. Super smart guy. He's done a bunch if podcasts with Trail Runner Nation and Runner Academy that you could download for free, if interested.
  • unmatcheddiscipline

:lol::lol::lol: right!!! OMG he's so super annoying.

• unmatcheddiscipline
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Ha yeah. While holding a cupcake. Please.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I love you all!!! OMG :joy:
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

I won't be able to see it- some weird glitch on iPhone? I can only seem friends' diaries.

I agree with NDJ. I'd focus on taking it super slow and fueling your body appropriately for your workouts.

You might find Matt Fitzgerald's books helpful- try Racing Weight and Diet Cults- I always recommend him to folks looking to drop pounds while training. Super smart guy. He's done a bunch if podcasts with Trail Runner Nation and Runner Academy that you could download for free, if interested.

That sucks, but I'll just open my private little world for a few hours, I'm really shy :blush: I hope you can see it. You're the best!!!!! Thank you so much! I will order that book right now with my boyfriends Amazon Prime account. I needed this so bad!!! I am happy that I'm really trying, and good people are out here in the world such as all of you who care enough to give great sound advice to us novices :wink: God bless all of you and your families!
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    I opened my diary to the public, please let me know where I'm going wrong at? I know the first two days were real low, and one day I did way too much and was eating like there was no tomorrow. I appreciate it! :smiley:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member

This. Sorry but your boyfriend sounds like a jerk if hes trying to use reverse psychology on you to control your eating. Get your gym membership, start lifting. Slow down some of that cardio and eat your calories. Men are a dime a dozen , you can do better.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I say enjoy the ride and eat enough calories to help fuel for it!
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

This. Sorry but your boyfriend sounds like a jerk if hes trying to use reverse psychology on you to control your eating. Get your gym membership, start lifting. Slow down some of that cardio and eat your calories. Men are a dime a dozen , you can do better.

LOL he's much older, and think he is Mr. Physical fitness, he can cycle and know about that stuff, but overall fitness and healthy eating he sucks! If he keep up the irritation crap I will replace him. Because I don't chase them, I replace them. I will get that membership going and start my lifting soon, I cannot wait! I'm so excited! Great advice on that cardio because my knees are hurting, I went in too strong too fast I think. Thanks sweetie! :blush:
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    rsclause wrote: »
    I say enjoy the ride and eat enough calories to help fuel for it!

Thank you :smile: I enjoy the fresh air, and listening to my workout playlist on Spotify.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    diary looks good…

Like I said,I would just make sure that every day you are netting whatever the number is that MFP gives you. i would say start with eating back 50% of your exercise calories and see how you feel. If you are still starving every day, then eat back 75%.