re: Peeps with no Profile Pic

Options
HealthWoke0ish
HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
When people with no profile pic ask to add me, I'm like, "Umm...I'm already putting more effort into this relationship than you are...so, no."

I kinda feel the same way about those peeps who have one photo (often times, it's not even of themselves) and have not filled in any information.

Thoughts?

Replies

• aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Some people don't like having pictures taken. So we only have one.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Most of us are here because we're unhappy with how we look?
    Why would we want to show it off by putting up loads of pictures?
  • LilyGrey
    LilyGrey Posts: 18
    Options
    There could be any number of really good reasons why someone would not share pictures of themselves, though. I totally understand the wariness, though, that is partly why I won't send FR's to people I don't already know outside of the site as I know I don't have a personal pic..

But hey, I drew it myself so that counts as some effort, right?! :P
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Privacy is a HUGE reason to not want to post pictures on here.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Once we are friends you can see all my pics.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    When I had no pics no one accepted my requests....now I see why.
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options
    Why would what I look like determine if you want to be my friend or not?? I don't like my pict taken and don't feel comfortable yet showing it to anyone. If one of my friends wants to see what I look like they can send me a message and I'll post one for them.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I rarely have my face up here for reasons that don't really matter but it makes an appearance every now and then. Its the same on FB though, I have VERY few pictures of myself online period - you could google my real name and you will not find one pictures of me, its been that way since I was 15 years old and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

That said, a message with a friend request is more important to me than a profile/profile picture.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I think the OP doesn't mean like avatars pics, but literally there are people with no pictures what so ever. Nothing on their profile, not a word.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I agree... It's not like I require there to even be any pictures of themselves however, stick up a couple pictures with quotes, or of a dog you like, or something. And fill in a bit of info, otherwise it just seems all blank and as if you're not 'serious' about any of it... Dunno why, that's my opinion.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Each to their own. If no profile info they can't expect any support because there is no base to work from.
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Um, really? Who cares.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Most of us are here because we're unhappy with how we look?
    Why would we want to show it off by putting up loads of pictures?

That is the way I feel

But I have put plenty of words in my profile description :smile:
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me if people don't put up profile pics. I understand that some people are uncomfortable with the way they look which is why they are here in the first place. Others are concerned with privacy. To each his own I say.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have my reasons for not putting up pictures. Why it should bug you that I should choose to pick a profile pic that isn't of me is baffling. You may not care if the whole world sees your pictures, I do.
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile pic I totally read that in a *yelling voice*. Haha!

I get what you mean, I too will be wary of people who have no picture and request me. I guess I like to "picture" people when I see them writing on my wall and stuff.

I also understand that people on here are already taking a HUGE step by admitting they have to change their lives... and might be very embarrassed about what they see in the mirror. :(

In my case, I have a picture up that I HATE... so I can be reminded of the fact that I need to change and one day I hope to take a better one! :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    If I post pics of me, they are headless because of privacy issues. And as for having only 1 pic, I live through my phone. I can change my profile pic via my phone but not add pics to my profile. So when I change my profile pic, it replaces whatever was there. I had a race pic, now it's a pic of my redneck squat stands. Later, it'll be something else. But whatever I put just replaces what was there.
  • newtothishelp
    newtothishelp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    some people are ashamed, and dont want to admit their size of show their faces.
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I have seven photo's uploaded here, Only one is of me and I never use it as my main photo but can be seen by people on my friends list if they ever want to creep my profile.

I don't see why knowing what someone looks like on here matters it's not a dating site (though some people seem to think so).
    The no information part is slightly annoying though as it's hard to support friends when you don't know anything about them.
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think if there was ever a place where we should be understanding about a lack of pictures it's here. As someone already pointed out, most of us are here because we're not that confident and unhappy with the way we look. I see your point though. I am sometimes a tad more cautious with people that don't have a profile picture :)