re: Peeps with no Profile Pic

Options

Replies

• SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm an admitted "over-sharer" so I can understand that there are some on the other end of the spectrum. I will add people as long as they are supportive and seem nice. I only delete people if they go a long time without logging in (2 months or more) or if they are creepy or something, but that really hasn't happened either.
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends list under 100, I read their food diaries and get to know all of them on a personal level because I feel we are all completing this journey together, so I like when someone has a picture so I can put a face to a name etc. Just makes for a more personal experience I think, I only have a few friends who don't put up at least one photo and i'll say its hard to communicate with a "username"
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How do you know they arent an international spy or on the witness protection program?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    the witness relocation program doesn't allow me to post my picture ... true story. :tongue:
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I understand why people would not want to post photos of themselves. That much said, it is an important step to do so because this isn't so much weight loss as health gain. Part of health gain is learning to love and accept yourself while striving to create a new you. I put up photos at my heaviest because I knew I must not hate myself for where I've gone. I must love myself for where I'm going to go.
  • anjani_009
    anjani_009 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mh0dzrzgkQ1rv8jpzo1_400.gif

some people are not here to make friends, so why bother putting up a pic :laugh:
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    no note of why, no pic and no profile info? no friend! :tongue: LOL and even though my current profile pic is not me..once you are my friend, you have access to all my pics..some of me some not..I change pics for variety....
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's not so much the need to see what someone looks like, as it is to make sure it's a real person out there (not a creeper). If I get a FR with no message, and I go look at the profile and there are no pics and no info. I won't accept. If there's no message, no picture, but I can read about the person's journey and goals then I might. I know this isn't fool-proof, but it's how I feel.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I change my profile pic quite often. Sometimes it is me, sometimes my dogs.......one of my new car for a bit and sometimes it is something random or something I have going on in my life.

My profile is filled out and I prefer to have like minded friends, except for the few that I have that have a different lifestyle, but are open-minded for each of us to follow our own journey, yet cheer each other on.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You're an awesome friend and those who don't want to connect with pics, detailed profiles or awesome welcome messages are missing out! I totally agree with your sentiments and definitely feel more connected to those that I have pics of and even more so once we've connected and have actual names.

Not all profile pics have to be of the person, but there should be at least one in their pics that can be seen by friends only. That's my take.
  • trailtripper
    Options
    Ok, I have to admit, I am a tad shy. I do not like photographs of myself. Never have and never will. So I keep them at a mininum. The ones I do have, do not show my face. I do perfer an avitar of some type, it helps relate a person to their profile, it does not have to be a picture of themselves.

I do read profiles as it gives me an understanding of others and their motivation.

I normaly do not accept friend invites from folks I do not know in RL. Us grumpy old men are like that.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I don't like to read a long story on ppl's profiles either, some ppl have full on books.
    Not necessary imo
    I like to see ppl's reasons for being on here but there is a such thing as too much info.
    I don't need to read that at 7 you climbed a tree and got a sliver.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I can see where everyone is coming from here. I do agree with the no info no friend too! If I send a FR I say that I am not a great pen pal, but will write when I can and respond to comments. Like the rest of you I have work to do and cannot sit in front of the computer all day to talk and comment. I post when i can and on boards when they interest me. I do log every day and I have pics, mostly of my kids and dog! They are better looking! lol I blog when I need a release or have something to say. I do look for truly supportive friends, and I don't do myspace or FB. Too time consuming!

I do love having the support of the few friends I have, but I plan on keeping my list to a minimum so it is easier for me to keep up!

We all have our reasons for being here.... Those who choose not to share their info may be the ones who need a friend the most, but are not ready to share their lives with us just yet! Maybe they want someone to ask to get to know them? Who knows? Like someone posted earlier they may not want any friends on here.

The best we can do is look at what they give us and decide to be friends or not it really is just that simple!

Take care ya'll and have a great week! keep loosing it! ; )

Chelle
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't like have too many pictures of me up on the internet. I know how easy it is to abuse them (trust me, I code websites for a living) and it feels like an invasion of privacy to me to have them up.

My profile pic is of when I was younger. Here's a more recent photograph of me:

Rabbit-in-hutch-007.jpg
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I don't need to read that at 7 you climbed a tree and got a sliver.

Yeah, but the way I tell the story is soooooooooooooooooooooo entertaining! :)

(Note to self: Slink back to profile page and remove story about sliver. :blushing: )
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    ...maybe some of us are in the witness protection program.

Young-boy-thumbs-his-nose-005.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDst_1KDoTDDYK-qn-0TUtcjwoqzL-EO-l4Vr-idnOoSI2WprH6Q

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI9A_52sti0AR9iAsM9BP_dytmEgjUhedkQwXoEFdlC8NSbZ0lxg
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    When people with no profile pic ask to add me, I'm like, "Umm...I'm already putting more effort into this relationship than you are...so, no."

I kinda feel the same way about those peeps who have one photo (often times, it's not even of themselves) and have not filled in any information.

Thoughts?
    i think you're overly picky.

it's not a dating site. why does their face matter?
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    i am soo good looking it would be a crime to deny everyone a face pic:smokin:
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ...maybe some of us are in the witness protection program.

Young-boy-thumbs-his-nose-005.jpg

BTW, love this pic!!! LOL

Not on a witness protection program, but I have a cyber stalker... So no real picture of me is on the web. And nothing that can identify my identity is published. If I lose yoru friendship for this, *shrug* :-/
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't like have too many pictures of me up on the internet. I know how easy it is to abuse them (trust me, I code websites for a living) and it feels like an invasion of privacy to me to have them up.

My profile pic is of when I was younger. Here's a more recent photograph of me:

Rabbit-in-hutch-007.jpg

HAHA!!! Love your pic!! :-D