LADIES, if you had the choice......

Options
ExRelaySprinter
ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Would you rather have a flat stomach/6 pack or Slim Legs?
Seems as though many Ladies (due to genetics) can't have both, so just interested which you'd prefer to have if you could only choose one.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    you can have both, you just can't pick and choose which one happens first.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Interesting question.

Assuming that you mean an actual flat flat stomach/6 pack, I would choose slim legs.

Right now I already have slim legs. I have an abdominal roll due to stretched skin and would love to see that gone but I am not really after an actual flat stomach and definitely not after a 6 pack.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since the legs aren't happening (I'm pear-shaped and I love my squats), a flat stomach
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My big legs are actually one of my favorite things about myself, so I would have to go with a flat stomach.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The last place fat goes from is my thighs. That's a shame - I could cover my stomach so much more easily if I didn't like it if it meant I never felt uncomfortable in shorts!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Given stomach fat is more likely to be visceral fat, I'd rather have a flat stomach.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my sister has both...I can have both if I lose a bit more weight...

but if I had to choose...I love my legs atm slim, trim, muscled...so I would go with those.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    flat stomach because my stocky legs shows very well that i'm a lady lifter
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to build up the muscles in my legs through strength training (gotta love squats).
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If by slim you mean chicken legs, no thanks. I'll take the abs and lifter legs.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Flat tummy
  • corriebenedict
    corriebenedict Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ABS!!! ABS!! ABS!! I've been working hard lately. Give me a year....I always get what I want.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I would want the 6-pack stomach. I don't like "slim" legs. I like strong, curvy legs and find most guys to to. Even when I was 100 pounds I didn't have a 6-pack. Now I have had several pregnancies and it will never be pretty again but I do want it to be strong and flat. and now that I am wiser I also know that the strong stomach is what keeps everything else in place...that CORE thing.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Stomach. I don't like wearing short skirts/shorts anyway, so I'm usually hiding my leg shape in a pair of work pants or jeans anyway - and I'm the most self-conscience about the fat that's still on my tummy.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    you can have both, you just can't pick and choose which one happens first.

This!

But even when I have a 6pack I have too much fat on my thighs for my liking. I don't want them skinny-but I would prefer that everything came off more evenly. I have to be VERY lean in order to have defined thighs. It's not really sustainable for me-so far
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Why couldn't you have both? I don't know if I can get visible abs (I don't need a 6-pack), since I seem to store all my fat on my stomach, but why would working on this make my legs (which I like as is and would like if they were more muscular too) get fat? If you mean non-muscular, I don't really think having strong legs on a woman makes those legs not slim, as I think of slim. My legs don't really seem to bulk up much.

My bigger issue is that I lose more fat that I like on the rest of me before it comes off my middle.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Since my stomach will never look good (mommy marks) I would rather have thin legs.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't think that anybody is saying that it is impossible to have both. It is a hypothetical question asking if you had to choose one, what would it be.
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Flat stomach. Because then I can fit into my Wonder Woman costume while continuing to be bamin' slammin' bootylicious. Best of both worlds.