1 month and only 1 kg (2.2 lbs) lost

Options
bhanvi
bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
Hello everyone,
How is your fitness journey treating you? :) So, I started at 92.2 kgs and for 30 days I've been around 1200-1400 calories.I am not working out a lot,I just did 20 minutes of treadmill (100 calories burn) everyday.I have only lost 1 kg.Although,I see a little difference in the way my tummy looks but from what I've been hearing, people loose around 3-4 kgs in a month.What am I doing wrong? Also,I am measuring and recording every single bite.
Thank you

Replies

• Leila8530
    Leila8530 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bhavni, I would recommend doing measurements too, maybe you will see that you have lost more inches than pounds/kgs. (American here). However, I would suggest upping your cardio and strength training if possible. Slow and steady wins the race!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Have you been weighing your solid foods and measuring your liquids?
    If not, you are probably eating much more than you think you are, could easily be as much as 50% more. so that 1200-1400 may actually be 1800-2100, if not measuring accurately.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    The first thing everyone will recommend is that you open your MFP diary (you can do this in your settings) so that we can see what you've been logging for food.

The most likely culprit is that you aren't logging your food super accurately and so are eating more than you think.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    The only thing you may be doing wrong is not managing your expectations, having unrealistic expectations when it comes to weight loss. Losing 2.2 lbs in a month is very good.

Oh also, comparison is the thief of joy.
  • RedRaven49
    RedRaven49 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree with strong_curves - I think 2.2lbs is very good.
  • steengod
    steengod Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you are doing something wrong, I guess you are forgetting to count something in your calories.

Else I just think you are doing something right for you, as you can see a difference in your tommy, loosing 1 kg and the weight loss will come later.

Buy a measure tape to check as well.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? If you only need to lose 5 kilos, 1 kilo is a lot, if you need to lose 50K then there might be something wrong on your intake???
  • wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My progress is also rather slow. I work long hours in an office (I.T. programmer), and I don't get much exercise during the week. My calories are usually around the 'allowance' mark though. My exercise regime involves two 2km walks on Saturday and Sunday around the neighborhood. Sometimes I do like to treat myself to a longer hike (usually 4 to 8 km over hilly terrain).
  • bhanvi
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    The first thing everyone will recommend is that you open your MFP diary (you can do this in your settings) so that we can see what you've been logging for food.

The most likely culprit is that you aren't logging your food super accurately and so are eating more than you think.
    Hello...Thank you for your advice,I just made my diary public.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Have you been weighing your solid foods and measuring your liquids?
    If not, you are probably eating much more than you think you are, could easily be as much as 50% more. so that 1200-1400 may actually be 1800-2100, if not measuring accurately.

Hello Eric, I never weighed my food.I only used measuring cups.Do I need to buy a food weighing machine?Does it really make a difference? Thank you for your advice.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    How much weight do you have to lose? If you only need to lose 5 kilos, 1 kilo is a lot, if you need to lose 50K then there might be something wrong on your intake???

Hello :) I need to lose atleast 20 kgs to be in a normal weight range.But going by this rate it might take 2 years :(
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »
    iofred wrote: »

Hello :) I need to lose atleast 20 kgs to be in a normal weight range.But going by this rate it might take 2 years :(
    The two years are going to pass anyway. If that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

Yes, a food scale helps immensely.

• bhanvi
    Options
    The only thing you may be doing wrong is not managing your expectations, having unrealistic expectations when it comes to weight loss. Losing 2.2 lbs in a month is very good.

Hello :) Thank you for replying.My mom said the same thing that ad long as I am losing I should keep doing it.But I was wondering why other people lose more than this and if might be making a mistake.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    steengod wrote: »
    If you are doing something wrong, I guess you are forgetting to count something in your calories.

Else I just think you are doing something right for you, as you can see a difference in your tommy, loosing 1 kg and the weight loss will come later.

Buy a measure tape to check as well.

Hello :) yes I lost half inch around my belly.But I wasn't counting on that as inches fluctuate 1/2 to 1 inch I think.And as you mentioned I am wondering the same thing , maybe I am making a mistake with calories.I am not quite sure what. :(
  • bhanvi
    Options
    Leila8530 wrote: »
    Bhavni, I would recommend doing measurements too, maybe you will see that you have lost more inches than pounds/kgs. (American here). However, I would suggest upping your cardio and strength training if possible. Slow and steady wins the race!!
    Hello :) thank you for your advice.You are right,I need to work out more.How much treadmill workout would you suggest? Should I do 20 minutes 2 times a day? :) thank you
  • MoxieBexie
    MoxieBexie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cutting down on carbs will help flatten your tummy.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I am almost positive that you are eating more than your 1200-1400 calorie estimate. You have a lot of generic meal-type entries. If you are just choosing a meal out of the database (all those homemade ones, especially) you really have no idea if it's even close to the meal you're eating as it could have been prepared completely differently. If the person who created that entry used different amounts of oil, milk, protein, etc you could easily be eating way more calories than you think, you know?

A food scale will help for the whole foods you eat, absolutely (weighing out a serving of nuts is much more accurate than using a measuring cup and can save you a ton of calories, for example) but if you aren't preparing your own dinners (you mentioned your mom - do you live at home still?) it is going to be a lot more difficult to count your meals accurately and is almost certainly why you're not losing as much as you expected.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Hakeber wrote: »
    Not unless it's part of a overall caloric deficit or you mean temporary water loss.

• strong_curves
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »

Hello :) Thank you for replying.My mom said the same thing that ad long as I am losing I should keep doing it.But I was wondering why other people lose more than this and if might be making a mistake.

There's lots of reasons why someone may lose more in a month than you, they might have a lot more weight to lose, they could be starving themselves or they're just really good at keeping track of how much they're really eating (like using a food scale). Don't worry about what they're doing, keep an eye on what you're doing. Like someone else said, get a food scale if you want to be a bit more accurate.
  • strong_curves
    Options
    Hakeber wrote: »

No, that's not true.