Zyrtec effecting goals

Options
2»

Replies

• dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 53 year-old female, I take Zyrtec daily and sometimes twice a day for hives as well. I have lost 48 pounds since December 2014. You might try doing some cardio on your non-lift day.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If I take a high dose of Benadryl I get VERY hungry. Ravenously hungry.

Zyrtec hasn't had an impact that I've noticed.

Wow! Benedryl reduces my appetite considerably!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! I take it for hives, so I really can't stop taking it or else I breakout for unknown reasons. i have been weight training with youtube videos going on my second month and the scale hasn't budged. i am 39 year old female and I find it a lot harder to lose weight at this age. I'm really just trying to lose 9-10 lbs. I haven't done much cardio and was focusing mainly on strength training because I am more of what I like to call a skinny fat person and I have read that weight training would help. Maybe I just need to tweak some things. I'm currently eating around 1200 calories per day.

How long have you been sticking to this deficit? Do you log everything? Do you have a food scale? Are you very short? You should be losing on 1200. If you're not, you are either eating too much or have an underlying medical condition.
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". I input my info into MFP and it says to consume 1200 calories. I have not been logging everyday because I usually stick to the same foods, so I have gotten an idea of how many calories and it is usually about 1200 calories, sometimes under and sometime slightly over. I know I need to stay away from alcohol on the weekends because I feel that is really not helping any and maybe that is why. I definitely do not have an underlying condition as I get a physical and blood work annually. I do sit all day at a desk job and that doesn't help either, so maybe I need to add some cardio in with the weight training. The weight training videos wipe me out though. I've been sore the past 2 days.
  • TrinityR05
    Options
    I input that I workout 6 days per week at 30 minutes and MFP says with that I will only lost about 3.5 lbs by August 12th. I think I need to workout more. I mainly do weight training. I'll see if I can add more movement to my routines and get moving more. I'm thinking maybe the 30 minutes isn't enough.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I'm six pounds from goal and let me tell you, you have to be tight. Weigh your foods and log to the gram. The margin of error is much smaller.
  • TrinityR05
    Options
    I'm six pounds from goal and let me tell you, you have to be tight. Weigh your foods and log to the gram. The margin of error is much smaller.

thanks barbecuesauce! will definitely do that and I am not going to get discouraged...I will keep up with my workouts and be more strict with weighing my foods, etc. I only have like 9-10 lbs I want to lose, so I just have to do it :-) thanks so much for the advice!

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I retain water when I am taking allergy medications. I assume that since they are design to "dry" you up the body retains as much water as possible to offset this.

Don't quote me though...this is just what I have noticed whenever I am taking allergy medicine. As soon as I quit the weight starts dropping again.

Try to drink plenty of water and see if that has an affect.
  • TrinityR05
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I retain water when I am taking allergy medications. I assume that since they are design to "dry" you up the body retains as much water as possible to offset this.

Don't quote me though...this is just what I have noticed whenever I am taking allergy medicine. As soon as I quite the weight starts dropping again.

Try to drink plenty of water and see if that has an affect.

Will do....never thought of that....thanks!!

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    A lot of medication does this to me. I strained some muscles in my back and too Aleve for about two weeks. Didn't lose an ounce. After I quit taking them I dropped over 4lbs in less than a week.

• Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Antihistamine makes me tired and short tempered, even the non drowsy. If I'm honest I do find myself less motivated to make the best food choices!! It's a bit like hangover without the fun! Could you be a little less active than normal and that having an effect?
  • healthydayb
    healthydayb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's the meds or the allergies? My allergies in general make me foggy and drowsy and I have a hard time staying on track. I think it's the " sleepy I gotta eat syndrome" and that means comfort food not low cal stuff. I break my cardio into 2 or 3 smaller sessions and have another cup of coffee
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". I input my info into MFP and it says to consume 1200 calories. I have not been logging everyday because I usually stick to the same foods, so I have gotten an idea of how many calories and it is usually about 1200 calories, sometimes under and sometime slightly over. I know I need to stay away from alcohol on the weekends because I feel that is really not helping any and maybe that is why. I definitely do not have an underlying condition as I get a physical and blood work annually. I do sit all day at a desk job and that doesn't help either, so maybe I need to add some cardio in with the weight training. The weight training videos wipe me out though. I've been sore the past 2 days.

MFP gives us daily calorie targets because of what we tell it. Since you're eating 1200 calories a day, it sounds like you set your goal as losing 2 pounds/week. That's generally considered really aggressive since you only want to lose 9-10 pounds. The basic recommendation is .5 pounds/week for every 25 pounds you need to lose.
  • TrinityR05
    Options
    Are you sure it's the meds or the allergies? My allergies in general make me foggy and drowsy and I have a hard time staying on track. I think it's the " sleepy I gotta eat syndrome" and that means comfort food not low cal stuff. I break my cardio into 2 or 3 smaller sessions and have another cup of coffee

hi...I think it could be a little bit of both...the meds and allergies, both seem to make me tired.

• TrinityR05
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

MFP gives us daily calorie targets because of what we tell it. Since you're eating 1200 calories a day, it sounds like you set your goal as losing 2 pounds/week. That's generally considered really aggressive since you only want to lose 9-10 pounds. The basic recommendation is .5 pounds/week for every 25 pounds you need to lose.

thanks....I will look into this and readjust my settings!

• TrinityR05
    Options
    Antihistamine makes me tired and short tempered, even the non drowsy. If I'm honest I do find myself less motivated to make the best food choices!! It's a bit like hangover without the fun! Could you be a little less active than normal and that having an effect?

I believe the zyrtec does make me a little more relaxed and the allergies and meds both probably make me more less active than normal. Plus I have a desk job. I workout as soon as I get home from work, mostly strength training, but will start adding in cardio soon and I am going to get a food scale to start weighing my foods and see what happens.