Weighing/measuring/counting.....for life?!

Options
13»

Replies

• Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think I'll probably be logging for life. It's quick. It's easy. And you keep track of what you're putting in your body.
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I want the data

I luv the data

The only reason I didn't start tracking these things before is because i thought it would be so much harder than it turned out to be. I can't see future me not at least making an attempt to log everything I can. It gives me the big picture on what I eat and my body stats and i love this so much better than just making guesses like i used to.

I'm exactly the same way. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I've maintained for over 2 years and i don't log. i do weigh calorie dense things and i measure certain things...you still have to be aware even if you're not physically logging.

This is a good point.

When I've been doing my no logging experiments, I have still weighed various things I was used to weighing. I know I like my usual serving of oatmeal, so I weighed the oatmeal. But I know I eat 2 eggs, no matter the precise number of calories, so I didn't weigh eggs. I weighed out my ice cream, not to have a precise number of grams, but to confirm I was eating about what I normally did.

For me weighing adds no work, usually. Logging can be a pain, although not that much of one. I definitely see myself weighing on occasion even if I'm not logging.

(I used to weigh some stuff even before logging, though, in connection with baking.)