Wheat Belly?

Options
123457»

Replies

• N200lz
    N200lz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    like I said, I work with a group of animal nutritionist with masters & above. They do not however have 6K plus posts on a online forum so they can't be that knowledgeable after all.
    They talked, I listened and read and applied.
    I thought I would share what I learned but it seems that there are some who will listen while the frequent posters just came to argue.

It's all yours now.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    N200lz wrote: »
    like I said, I work with a group of animal nutritionist with masters & above. They do not however have 6K plus posts on a online forum so they can't be that knowledgeable after all.
    I thought I would share what I learned but it seems that there are some who will listen while the frequent posters just came to argue.

It's all yours now.

And which animals do they tend to work with? Using rats to study carbohydrate metabolism in humans often gives misleading results - while humans can perform de novol lipogensis out of carbohydrates, the rate is exceedingly low in comparison on a grams of fat / kilograms bodyweight basis compared to rats.

Why are these masters in animal nutrition more knowledgeable than all the PhD's working in human nutritional science that say weight loss is all about calories?

How well do you actually understand what was explained to you that you can't defend it on its own merits but have to resort to ad hominem about a person's post count and argument from authority about your colleagues' credentials?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Wait, what are bags of gluten for? I have never had seitan. What do you use with it? I have never tried it because I didn't know what to do with it

If you don't want to fuss with buying bags of gluten, you can buy "Chicken-Less" from Trader Joe's (that's their brand, I'm sure some other groceries have their own). It's sold in the refrigerated section near the tempeh and tofu. The Chicken-Less looks like cooked white meat chicken, I swear.

I've only ever put it into casseroles. But I think some people just season & sauté it and eat it like that.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any stretch but I do know you can't compare all animals, including humans, to each other.

Cats for example, are obligate carnivores, they have no dietary requirement for carbohydrates and can meet all of their nutritional needs through meat, bone and organs. So not a human comparable. So someone with an expertise in one animal doesn't necessarily know about human nutrition. But even in animals, CICO applies, my fat overeating grain free fed cat is proof!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any stretch but I do know you can't compare all animals, including humans, to each other.

Cats for example, are obligate carnivores, they have no dietary requirement for carbohydrates and can meet all of their nutritional needs through meat, bone and organs. So not a human comparable. So someone with an expertise in one animal doesn't necessarily know about human nutrition. But even in animals, CICO applies, my fat overeating grain free fed cat is proof!

Technically, humans have no known need for dietary carbohydrate intake for surviving, but for health it is probably advisable to have some, particularly fiber. Where humans will have problems that a feline wont is that humans won't make their own vitamin C. That means taking some kind of refined vitamin, eating fruits and vegetables with vitamin C and the carbs with it, or eating raw meats so that the vitamin c isn't cooked out of them.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

It's all yours now.

If your scientific background is as strong as you claim, then answering the questions we have asked about the study shouldn't be a problem. Are you here to discuss your claims or just complain about those who aren't convinced by your argument?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    As part of another plan that I follow, I was instructed to eliminate all wheat based products until I approached my goal weight. The re-entry phase had you add one food group item at a time so that you could assess the impact it was having on your overall health.

I was totally surprised that when I eliminated wheat, some of the tendonitis type pain that I have had in my elbows went away. I had attributed it to the weight training I have been doing for years and figured I had to live with it but it totally went away. That plus the fact that it converts to sugar so quickly led to it being stricken from my diet completely. Many will say "I could never give up my bread" or toast, English muffin, etc. which goes back to the manufacturer mantra "Bet you can't eat just one."

As has been stated previously, the wheat product that is produced today is far different from what was available in the mid-1900s.

@N200lz I found my pain dropped like a rock in the first 30 days when I cut out all grains and most all sugars that brought my total carbs to <50 grams daily 13 months ago. Recently I read Wheat Belly Total Health and grew up on a farm and know about how wheat is much shorter today.

Thank you for your posts on this subject.