What's your worst eating habit?

Options
For me, it's skipping breakfast and then pigging out at lunch or eating the junk food at the office.

Before, I was a coffee addict combined with being a breakfast skipper. I would drink a huge thermos full of coffee almost every morning and would get cranky without it. Oh, and I would drink more coffee throughout th day. Especially during Pumpkin Spice season. Then, after almost 10 years of drinking coffee, I started getting heart palpitations and it forced me to quit. After a few failed attempts in one year, I've finally quit drinking coffee for good and it's been almost 9 months since my last cup of coffee. I drink Pero or tea as an alternative and I love it. They're not as acidic as coffee and they still taste good.

I still need to kick this breakfast skipping habit, though. I can't keep doing that and pigging out at lunch.

So what's your worst eating habit?

Replies

• accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bored eating at night. Doesn't happen often, but by far my worst habit.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm a real cheapskate, so my diet isn't very varied as I only buy inexpensive stuff in bulk.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I want all the sugar.
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    baked goods and pizzas and eating until I am stuffed and don't feel good
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm really lazy when it comes to preparing food so I don't usually do much cooking wise outside of my dinners, which involve throwing food together into a slow cooker or oven.

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I've learned that 9/10 times I drink enough alcohol, I lose ability to exercise willpower control: I will eat all the things on top of drinking all the things. The way I can stuff myself after a few drinks is almost impressive.

I haven't cut out alcohol altogether, but these days I don't have more than two drinks a week, total. I only ever go a little over when I'm out dancing, but then I spend a good two or three hours trying to dance the boozy feeling off.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eating stupid stuff at work when I get stressed out or if I have to stay really late/end up there longer than expected on the weekend and don't plan properly.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I get fixated on a certain kind of food and will eat a LOT of it for a brief period, then I get tired of it. I got fixated on hot dogs over the holiday weekend, and there were several days this week when I had four in a day. Probably not the best choice for my nutritional needs, alas. But it was so yummy.
  • shrinkingletters
    Options
    I get fixated on a certain kind of food and will eat a LOT of it for a brief period, then I get tired of it. I got fixated on hot dogs over the holiday weekend, and there were several days this week when I had four in a day. Probably not the best choice for my nutritional needs, alas. But it was so yummy.

Hot dogs=fat/carbs/protein. Could be worse!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    beer...and alcohol in general. i enjoy a good buzz in the evening.
  • shrinkingletters
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Seriously. So did I. I actually had to wean myself off the quantities I used to enjoy with mineral waters and the like.

I bought a 4-pack of La Fin Du Monde last week and had exactly one over the weekend. Every time I open my fridge I hear that pretty *clink* sound and point at one of them and say "you're next, buddy. you and me, this weekend."
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Snacking on alll the foods while I'm preparing food in the kitchen, and overeating on cheese... one ounce is such a small amount and I hate spending my allotment for the day on just cheese!
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Sugar. I want all the sugar.

I know the feels.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm really lazy when it comes to preparing food so I don't usually do much cooking wise outside of my dinners, which involve throwing food together into a slow cooker or oven.

Yep. Me too. All I wanna do after work is come home, eat a healthy dinner and relax.
    Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Yup...this coupled with the Untappd app have slowed my athletic progress, but what a way to go!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Eating in the middle of the night, not because that in itself is bad, but because I get up eat, and go right back to sleep, and I was not always good about logging it, I also tend for go for calorie dense foods in a larger quantity then would fit into my day normally. I started logging it first thing in the morning and was shocked at how many calories I was packing away with my midnight snacks.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Pretty much this lol
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is sockmonkey, & I'm a food addict.... Anything savory will get me in trouble. The food may be totally ok & in line with my macro needs, but I want 2nds.... 2nds are my weakness.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Yup...this coupled with the Untappd app have slowed my athletic progress, but what a way to go!

Untappd is the bomb-diggity.

Logged my 300th (and 303rd) distinct beer last night.
  • mommy81
    mommy81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A pastry with my "the kids are now in school" coffee. I just love having some quiet time with a cup of coffee and something sweet... Adds up to a lot of calories :(