What's your worst eating habit?

Options

Replies

• hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Sugar. I want all the sugar.

Me too. I want all the sugar all the time. In any and every form.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Not planning and then going for the easiest or tastiest thing in the vicinity. This morning I realized I had nothing for lunch so I stopped at McDonald's and had two burritos and a egg cheese mcmuffin. Granted now I'm stuffed and no longer want lunch but I could have just as easily stopped at subway but I started thinking about those sausage burritos!

Yep. This can be me and my dad if we don't eat in the morning on our way to work.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Not eating dinner and grazing all night.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    hcdo wrote: »
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Sugar. I want all the sugar.

Me too. I want all the sugar all the time. In any and every form.

Me too- I hate it!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    beer...and alcohol in general. i enjoy a good buzz in the evening.

Yup...this coupled with the Untappd app have slowed my athletic progress, but what a way to go!

Untappd is the bomb-diggity.

Logged my 300th (and 303rd) distinct beer last night.

Late to the party on this one - discovered this at a Navy reunion a few weeks back and only on my 30th distinct beer. Can't believe how up to date they are on all the crafts.

Was rather surprised that I got a comment from a brewery after pulling a no longer in production barley wine from my cellar.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    that extra shot of tequila...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    that extra shot of tequila...

Believe this falls under "Medicinal purposes", so its ok.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    skipping breakfast will not affect your weight loss. i have actually trained myself to skip breakie, and run fasted every morning now. been doing it now for about 3 months and i love it. it helps me stick to my calorie goals.

re: my worst habit - my f'ing sweet tooth. it's a damn *kitten*. ice cream, donuts, cookies, pastries. it's a love/hate relationship. i'm working on training it to accept moderation, but it's been tough. c'est la vie.

i also tend to get a little crazy with my eating when drunk. but, i love a good buzz too and am not willing to forgo that every now and then.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Definitely eating too fast. No matter how much I try, I cant seem to eat at a normal pace!
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    skipping breakfast will not affect your weight loss. i have actually trained myself to skip breakie, and run fasted every morning now. been doing it now for about 3 months and i love it. it helps me stick to my calorie goals.

re: my worst habit - my f'ing sweet tooth. it's a damn *kitten*. ice cream, donuts, cookies, pastries. it's a love/hate relationship. i'm working on training it to accept moderation, but it's been tough. c'est la vie.

i also tend to get a little crazy with my eating when drunk. but, i love a good buzz too and am not willing to forgo that every now and then.

I guess it depends on the person. I've been doing that for years and I noticed that when I did that combined with just drinking coffee, I ended up hungrier.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

I guess it depends on the person. I've been doing that for years and I noticed that when I did that combined with just drinking coffee, I ended up hungrier.

It really does depend on the person. If it were me, not only would skipping breakfast make me binge on all manner and quantity of food, it'd also turn me into a Hangry Rage Monster. I can't function like a normal civilized human without some food within the first two hours of being awake.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options

It really does depend on the person. If it were me, not only would skipping breakfast make me binge on all manner and quantity of food, it'd also turn me into a Hangry Rage Monster. I can't function like a normal civilized human without some food within the first two hours of being awake.

Hahahaha a Hangry Rage Monster! Lol that's funny! But yeah. I can't function without something in my stomach first thing in the morning. Otherwise I can't think clearly and I'll I'm thinking about is food.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    One week a month, I MUST HAVE ALL THE CHOCOLATE!!!! Ugh
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    One week a month, I MUST HAVE ALL THE CHOCOLATE!!!! Ugh

I'm guessing it's during Aunt Flo's visit?
  • fitfloridagirl
    fitfloridagirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Night time gluttony. I will do a great job all day, then once 8/9pm rolls around I always get the kitchen itch!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Tasting while I'm cooking--I try to avoid cooking when I'm famished or have some green tea/water beforehand so my stomach feels full.

Compelled to be a plate-cleaner--at restaurants I usually as for a to-go box right away and put half of my meal away. At home I take small portions and I make my son (he's 14) scrape his own plate into the trash if he doesn't finish.

Eating while at my desk instead of taking a proper lunch break--this one isn't horrible as I prelog/prepack my meals so I don't unintentionally eat too much, but sometimes I work through lunch/don't practice mindful eating and then I'm still hungry afterwards.
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Beer.... I really like beer... and then I really like to eat : (
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Eating too much processed food. Because it's quick and easy. I'm working on changing that now.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    Quichee wrote: »
    Beer.... I really like beer... and then I really like to eat : (

There are a few beer lovers here on this thread.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    Eating too much processed food. Because it's quick and easy. I'm working on changing that now.

Yep. I'm trying to cut it too, or at least get healthier versions of it.