How do I stop the grazing?

Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eat more healthy foods. It's very, very easy to stay full on fruits & veggies.

Although there is nothing wrong with being hungry when you're dieting, it is absolutely not necessary. Have a bowl of berries with a bunch of raspberries in there. Just give it a shot instead of bacon. Filling, nutritious ad low-cal, leaving room for more food when you get hungry again. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get those constantly hungry days, when I've had a crappy sleep the night before.

Hows your sleep been?
  • BettieDiane
    BettieDiane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just switched to gluten free and have the same issue. Drink an entire glass of water and if you are still hungry, have only one handful of something, wait, and repeat. You will likely get more full on water and you won't feel so bad. But only one handful! No mas! And good luck
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It really is as simple as " Don't Do That", right?

It seems like some people don't like this answer.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I told myself last night "don't eat that cookie". But I never listen :grumble:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You aren't tracking your water. How much are you drinking each day?

Usually when people have this problem, they need:
    --more hydration
    --more fiber (veggies, seeds, nuts, fruit)
    --more protein
    --more fat

When I look at your tracker though, nothing really jumps out as being way out of balance.

Are you bored? What about finding things to occupy your time/hands/thoughts other than food?
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Seconding (or thirding) on the water:
    How much water do you drink? And I mean plain old water, no sodas, no water with 'taste', just good old water (with gas is okay too).
    There are people who get hungry instead of thirsty if they don't drink enough. You might want to try drinking a glass of water instead of eating between meals. Your meals look like they have enough calories without the snacks, so I don't think you're eating too little for your meals.

Btw, from personal experience: balancing your diet in favor of fat instead of carbs can also help because fat makes you feel full quicker and for a longer time than carbs do. Protein is also used slower by your metabolism.

Anyway, I'd try drinking more water.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I hate grazing like today does anybody have tips to stop it

Ask yourself this - Do I want to graze like this or do I want to lose fat?
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Eat more healthy foods. It's very, very easy to stay full on fruits & veggies.

Although there is nothing wrong with being hungry when you're dieting, it is absolutely not necessary. Have a bowl of berries with a bunch of raspberries in there. Just give it a shot instead of bacon. Filling, nutritious ad low-cal, leaving room for more food when you get hungry again. :)

The bacon from my grocery store is 20 calories per slice. Just saying...
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I try and drink 2 litres of Water a day I drink from pint glasses so it's hard to add cups I also don't drink normal water on its own the taste is boring so I add no added sugar squash to it.
  • loganllassiter
    loganllassiter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with grazing just leave some calories in the side but if you want to make it easier so you don't have to record what your eating all the time just eat more meals per day like 5 or 6 but if you decide to do this your meals will be much smaller
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Ok thanks I'll try again today maybe have a fuller breakfast etc. Thanks everyone
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Try having a Quest bar as a snack. I have one everyday. It usually keeps me full til dinner. They're high protein and fibre.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Stop being in areas where there is a lot a grass.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think I hit my macros I was an avid slimming world member so all my meals are made from scratch no oil or fat I cook with frylight no processed foods my meals are in my recipes so my curry today was completely made from scratch as that's how my brain has been trained.

May well be part of the problem - fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories do.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    i weigh and measure all
    I think I hit my macros I was an avid slimming world member so all my meals are made from scratch no oil or fat I cook with frylight no processed foods my meals are in my recipes so my curry today was completely made from scratch as that's how my brain has been trained.

i weigh and measure all my slimming world recipes in the recipe tracker - so i know how many calories are in per portion - this is much better i believe than say buying a shop bought curry - i make my own chips from potatoes, its a great diet to help you to learn to cook from scratch but gives no idea on portion control with all the free foods, hence why im here,

can i also say that i do body combat every other day, could this contribute to my increase in hunger? or is it all just in my head - this morning i had a bowl of oats, with a ygurt and banana, at about half 7. im now hungry again!

• TavistockToad
    Options
    i weigh and measure all

i weigh and measure all my slimming world recipes in the recipe tracker - so i know how many calories are in per portion - this is much better i believe than say buying a shop bought curry - i make my own chips from potatoes, its a great diet to help you to learn to cook from scratch but gives no idea on portion control with all the free foods, hence why im here,

can i also say that i do body combat every other day, could this contribute to my increase in hunger? or is it all just in my head - this morning i had a bowl of oats, with a ygurt and banana, at about half 7. im now hungry again!

my point was, if you look everything low fat you may not be getting enough fat, which is why you feel hungry.

oats, yoghurt and banana is a LOT of carbs... that's probably why.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    oh ok yea i get you, maybe, thats a really good point.

i tried protein yesterday i was still hungry by thhis time. although i do know a proper cooked breakfast would help, but i just couldnt face that at half 7 in the morning
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    oh ok yea i get you, maybe, thats a really good point.

i tried protein yesterday i was still hungry by thhis time. although i do know a proper cooked breakfast would help, but i just couldnt face that at half 7 in the morning

I found that if I ate my breakfast before work, at 7 am, I was hungry by 10am so needed a snack. now I just have a glass of water at 7, then eat my breakfast at 8.30-9ish and don't need a 10am snack... saves calories for later in the day.