Anybody up for a smoothie challenge?

Options
rekha483
rekha483 Posts: 11 Member
hey guys, I'm going to start having NutriBullet smoothies 2 times a day from tomorrow. Is anyone interested in joining me?

Replies

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    why are you having smoothies twice a day?
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hell to the naw. You do you.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    why are you having smoothies twice a day?

^This^

I feel cheated when I drink my meals....I need solids!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No thanks!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No thank you. I still have my teeth so I chew my spinach, kale, carrots, apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, mangos, etc, etc, etc.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I like eating my food.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Once a day for breakfast is enough for me. Not on weekends though... love my scrambled egg mornings!
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm all for an occasional smoothie, but I prefer to eat solid foods and use my blender for making banana ice cream.

Why are you swapping out meals for smoothies?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    rekha483 wrote: »
    hey guys, I'm going to start having NutriBullet smoothies 2 times a day from tomorrow. Is anyone interested in joining me?

You're getting enough snarky replies, so instead of leaving another one, I'm just going to say:

Please make sure you're still getting enough protein and fats in while you do this. I love the carbs, but they are not supposed to be 2/3 of your diet.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the convenience of a smoothie. Just be mindful that it is far easier to drink calories than it is to eat calories, so if your goal is weight-loss, then eating those foods will offer better satiety (feeling full) as opposed to drinking them. If your goal is weight gain, then this might be the easier way of you getting those calories down to create that surplus if you have a problem with eating food volume.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie for lunch nearly everyday...easiest way for me to get a good meal in. I add Chia seeds, green powder, fresh fruit, kale and spinach, plant protien...it ends up being close to 400 calories but it is seriously like a meal eith high fiber and protien..I love my smoothies :) I know some people made weird comments about they would rather eat...but seriously I wont be eatting kale outside of a smoothie ;-)
  • rekha483
    Options

You're getting enough snarky replies, so instead of leaving another one, I'm just going to say:

Please make sure you're still getting enough protein and fats in while you do this. I love the carbs, but they are not supposed to be 2/3 of your diet.

I am surprised too..... But , that's alright. With my weight I can eat only so much of carbs or protein or fats. Instead of controlling myself and feeling sad for myself, I can have these jug full of smoothies without guilt and be happy.
  • rekha483
    Options

I am surprised too..... But , that's alright. With my weight I can eat only so much of carbs or protein or fats. Instead of controlling myself and feeling sad for myself, I can have these jug full of smoothies without guilt and be happy. And Thankyou for the tips

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I won't join a challenge, but I have been drinking a smoothie for breakfast for the last few weeks. My advice, be careful, the calories add up if you make them balanced.

Also, before anyone jumps on me, I like the damn smoothies and it's hot outside so they feel like ice cream. They are over 400 calories with 30grams of protein, 15 grams of fat, and 30-40 carbs at minimum so get off me!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    But its a "nutrition extractor" people! A nutrition extractor! Sure you have a stomach, but its a "nutrition extractor!" Hey, if any infomercial can sell-out the story of cancer patient to make a few extra bucks on word salad marketing mumbo jumbo, it can't be all that bad!
  • rekha483
    Options

cajuntank wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the convenience of a smoothie. Just be mindful that it is far easier to drink calories than it is to eat calories, so if your goal is weight-loss, then eating those foods will offer better satiety (feeling full) as opposed to drinking them. If your goal is weight gain, then this might be the easier way of you getting those calories down to create that surplus if you have a problem with eating food volume.
    Thanks for the suggestion. My goal is weight loss. These smoothie s are very heavy with little amount of ingredients and I can have them more than once without thinking twice. That way , I will stay away from solid food. They are so tempting.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Not sure why so many people seem to think as soon as you put food in a blender it's not food anymore, but I say if you like smoothies, go for it. I have a smoothie for breakfast most days and sometimes one in the afternoon if I'm hungry.

Make sure you are getting enough fat and protein in your overall diet. I put protein powder in my morning smoothies, and chia seeds or peanut or almond butter if I have them on hand. If you can add veggies, even better.
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think smoothies are awesome! When I drank a quart of green smoothie a day, I lost my taste for canned and processed foods. I am eating a lot more raw vegetables now.