Workout Clothes?

Options
124»

Replies

• dompaschal
    dompaschal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend Old Navy for cheap, adorable and long lasting active wear!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports has a house brand that is inexpensive but holds up well ... 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of the bigger names for moisture wicking shirts, compression shorts, etc.

I see people at the Y who spend more money on workout clothes than I spend on food for a month. I don't get it.

There are certain items I will spend money on ... cycling bibs and running shoes. When it comes to a shirt or running shorts that are just going to get sweaty I'm willing to spend less as long as the item is well built, comfortable, and durable. Some lesser priced brands are good, others suck. Sometimes good items are on sale or closeout sites and can be bought at great prices. If not, I'll spend the money for what works.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Walmart's Danskin line. Very well made for the price.
    Love them as well!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Kohl's, and JCPenney are my go-to's :-)

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I find the changing room at Amazon to be a little awkward.
    Usually in the middle of trying something, they get all "what are you doing in the warehouse? How did you get in here? Security!"
    Excuse me if I wanted to know how this brand's sizes run.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Ya, my fiance likes Lane Bryant styles on me, and I have a LB credit card and am on their mailing list for coupons and specials. Earlier this year, I got their Livi Active hoodie and some workout pants to motivate me. I paid way, way less than their ridiculous retail price.

[/quote]

and take advantage of sales...I wanted/needed new sports bras but didn't want to pay $45.00 each! Lane Bryant's recent sale -- buy 2 bras, get 2 free...My daughter ordered 2 regular bras and I got 2 sports bras for just under $90 for all four!

• blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Kohl's has great deals and brands. And you can always find a 30% coupon online.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wal-mart and thrift stores. I feel you should always purchase sports bras new and if you are a c cup or larger, you will pay a bit more for them.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    tj maxx marshalls or ross. Seriously so much cheaper!
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like C9 - which is Champion's "B" line. They are available at Target. I also do a lot of outlet shopping, which gets me good deals on some of the more popular brands. I have an adidas running hat that I got for 5 dollars, inexpensive shoes, compression pants, etc.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Well, being of Roman descent, I like to work out in the nude, but that does seem to ruffle some feathers from time to time. So that can tend to be a little impracticable, and depending on what you are doing, can add a certain degree of difficulty; you know those cabled weights are known to pinch.

So I like to get my W/O clothes from all sort of places, TJ Maxx (or TJ’s as I like to call it) there’s Marshall’s, Marshall’s, Marshall’s!

The below links are to good sites that I use for sporting goods that have dang good specials. I have purchased a lot of “stuff” from both and have never had a single issue with any of their “stuff.”
    http://soccer.epicsports.com/
    http://www.eastbay.com/
    http://www.academy.com/
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I bought some workout pants at Walmart because I don't like anything baggy but needed something with a drawstring waist. Think a brand-new pair cost me $12-15. I usually wear the various freebie t-shirts I got in college - knew they'd come in handy someday ;) The cheap cotton tank tops from Walmart are also comfortable, and long so they don't ride up (always a problem with my sizeable hips!).
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is my go-to place for workout gear.