women's multivitamins and suppliments

Options
ssingley13
ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
I need suggestions on multivitamins and suppliments. Which do you use and with what suppliments? And why do you use those particular ones?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    I use calcium 500 mg to supplement my daily dairy intake ( greek yogurt and cheese).
    I only take other supplements if I am deficient in that particular day food plan (i.e. if no vegetables or citrus, I will have Vitamin C). I prefer to munch my vitamins.
    I take whey protein isolate before and after my training session. It helps my recovery
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I take flinstones. Omega 3s are good to take too. But they're weird.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I take a B&C complex with calcium ( berrocca) after recent desperate hunts by my hubby in various countries this one appears mainly available in Aus &NZ, doctors orders for iodine, vitamin,D iron and fish oil (omega3), it is quite a list
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    ssingley13 wrote: »
    I need suggestions on multivitamins and suppliments. Which do you use and with what suppliments? And why do you use those particular ones?

Why do you think you NEED them? Are you medically diagnosed as being deficient in a certain vitamin?

In fitness, you don't NEED anything. Sure.... some things help, but absolutely NOTHING is needed.

Having said that, two things that MIGHT benefit you are a multi-vitamin (wal-mart brand is more than fine, despite what anyone else might say) and some fish oil.

Don't go popping pills thinking you "need" them... that's idiocy as its finest.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have a difficult time making sure I get all the proper vitamins and nutrients.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin, calcium (because I have bad arthritis) and D (because D helps with the calcium and I was low in D anyway). I'm thinking of adding fish oil but am not sure yet. I've heard both sides of the story--you need it. You don't need it.
  • MrsR130
    MrsR130 Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I take a Women's One a Day and a fish oil - I am iron deficient (per my bloodwork, Doc rec'd the multi) and I need the folic acid for getting ready to TTC (again, rec'd by my doc). Fish oil for heart health, since major heart/cardiovascular issues run in both sides of my family.

Edit to say: I will also supplement with protein (ON Gold standard) post-workout if my diet is short that day in protein and I am having a hard time making it up.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin in the morning, extra D at night (because I have a chronic deficiency).

I also occasionally take Potassium/Magnesium when I get a lot of muscle cramps. Honestly though, this supplement has an astonishingly low total of Potassium and Magnesium in it. If I could eat more than one banana a day (allergy), I'd prefer to get it through food.