Be honest

Options
fcp1234
fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
I just started going to the gym this week. When I told one of my co-workers she said “ oh that’s good, your son needs you healthy”.

Ya see..my son has nothing to do with this. I am 5’9 and 150 lbs, I’m not at risk for any health issues. I just want to look good... as selfish as that!! I want my 6 sick back and I want to fit into my size 2 jeans again!! My son doesn’t need me to wear size 2!

We tend to use our children as an excuse for everything we do or don’t do, but is that really the case?

Be honest, why do you work out?

Replies

• chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do this for me....actually my kids made me fat! LOL I think you just get to a point when you are done making excuses and do something about it...no matter how long it takes :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Cos I want to look good and feel good:smile:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I workout because I like the way it makes me feel and look and dang, I love to eat!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I don't care how I look, that's really not the big issue for me. I want to run a long way, much faster than I can now. I want to feel healthy. I want to be fit and well.

And yes, I do want to do this, at least in part, for my daughter. I do want her to see me as healthy and capable. It's not my main motivator, but it's certainly something that matters to me.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    To look good, that's it, nothing more, nothing less.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    To look hot and mack dudes. Are there other reasons?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I want to be better. I want to be stronger, faster, more agile, just better. Couldn't care less about how I look.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Honestly I work out so that I can feel good, look good and eat more! :)
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked.
    And be healthy for my daughter.
    But mostly to look good naked.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. My kids are one of my biggest motivators! And yes, I'm losing for me and them because they need their mom to be around for years to come, but then again I'm over 200 lbs no way comparable to you. But my kids are my life, so I'd do anything for them...
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I workout for me, to look good for me, to feel more confident about myself. Look better in clothes
  • JoeGa
    JoeGa Posts: 25
    Options
    want to feel better, get back to hiking, and be more positive about life....
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    we have similar stats! i am just below 5'10 and weigh 147. I doubt i will ever be a size 2 again (thanks to my 4 kids blah) but i don't do this for anyone but me. i just want to put on some jeans and feel good, instead of feeling like a disgusting fat mess! i hate how i feel when i see my reflection in a window as i walk down the street and i am determined to one day be please with my appearance!
  • Mainly to look and feel good in myself, but, saying that I do want to be healthy and fit for my little man - so he has two healthy role models while he's growing up.
  • Omazed
    Omazed Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Too feel good and boost my confidence. I also want to lead a healthier lifestyle.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I started working out to lose weight. Now that I am in maintenance mode I work out to keep myself toned. I love the look and feel of my muscles! :drinker:
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    ...because when I lookin the mirror I think "there's no WAY I'd wanna see THAT guy naked" :-)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Because I want my cholesterol to go down, and I don't want to have quadruple bypass surgery (like my mom did @ age 59) or cancer (like my dad did) if I can possibly avoid those things later in life.

And because I've developed a love for picking up heavy things. And putting them back down. It makes me feel like a badass.
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to get out of car when I'm old(er) and not do that side-to-side shuffle I see so often.
    I move because I want to be able to for a very long time.
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for my cats.