Be honest

Options

Replies

• 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    More for me and a little for my kids, not because of them. I want to feel better, look better and be better at anything sport related. I want to be the sexy beast I know is lurking in this almost fit body!!! (13 lbs to go to GW) LOL. But also, I owe it to my kids to set the example. I want them to learn from me that eating right, being physically active and feeling better are all possible - no matter your age - as long as you try and want it.
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for my cats.

hehe. :happy:

:wink: I was wondering if anyone would catch that haha

But in all seriousness. For ME, to feel great and look great. And it's nice to know that other people think you look great too..as shallow as that sounds, it also adds to the feeling great.
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I seen a photo of my self and I was absolutely disgusted by it. I thought long and hard for about 2 weeks. I also suffer from major depression disorder. And I had come to this conclusion. I had become comfortable in my skin and I had excepted that my lifestyle was going to kill me. Once I had figured that out. I decided that it wasn't exceptable and what was I really teaching my children that when life gets to hard just stop caring and give up on yourself. So to answer your question I am doing it for me. But I am also doing this for my children I want them to understand that if you want something you have to fight for it and work your butt off to achieve it. 27lbs down as of yesterday and my 11 yr old approaches me and says dad I am so proud of you for making a change to get healthy I don't know what I would do without you here. Made me cry.
  • JRind
    JRind Posts: 5
    Options
    health (family) and then vanity. in that order.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my life I can say that this is all for me. If others benefit from it, then that is a bonus.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Because I feel healthy when I exercise.
    Because I think it makes me look good in cute clothes.
    Because I feel the need to set a good example for the people around me.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Because I want my cholesterol to go down, and I don't want to have quadruple bypass surgery (like my mom did @ age 59) or cancer (like my dad did) if I can possibly avoid those things later in life.

And because I've developed a love for picking up heavy things. And putting them back down. It makes me feel like a badass.

I guess your not allowed at Planet fitness then :) Love it
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Initially it was to lose weight. Now I see fitness as a way to **hopefully** stave off the onset of maintenance medications. I work in public health, and I see people so very young starting on hypertension meds, cholesterol lowering meds, you name it. Those bad boys are EXPENSIVE if you don't have insurance or have limited medication coverage. I don't want to spend my retirement scraping by to pay for medication that may not have been necessary if I had changed my lifestyle (now).

So, sure, I want to be around to see my grandkids and perhaps great grandkids, too. But I want to be healthy. Not a burden. And I want to feel my physical best as long as I possibly can. That's why I do this.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your tiny and she has no right to say that!!!! I am doing this journey to be healthy to get pregnant :happy:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    In this order:

I want to be faster when I race.
    I want to look better.
    I want to be stronger in all aspects of daily life.
    I want to feel better (endorphins)
    I want to be less apt to get hurt.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do it to have a rocking body again. Plain and simple.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I do this because I want to look great, have enough energy so I can do anything I desire, and be healthy enough and strong enough to live the longest possible life to be here to see my children and grand children grow up!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    For myself. To feel good about myself, and look good. To have toned abs and legs. Be a faster, stronger runner -- and stronger, in general.
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm doing this because:

Short-term: I want my beach body back for a vacation in October (hence the user name). Up until three years ago, I was tiny and athletic, so I can still remember how that felt, I deeply miss that old familiar body, and still have a closet full of beautiful, smaller-sized clothes to fit back into.

Long-term: The last three years have sent me some serious, for-the-long-haul health conditions (hereditary), and while there is no cure, there is staving off. So I use it or lose it.

The long-term goal is much more significant to me - but the short-term goal is more fun to think about, so I focus on that. ;)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    because I'm a shallow b!tch and I want to look good naked.
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel confident again in how I look for myself and my Husband. I want to be at a healthy weight (not overweight) when I decide to start having chidlren.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Because I am shallow as well and want t see crafty_***** naked!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I just started going to the gym this week. When I told one of my co-workers she said “ oh that’s good, your son needs you healthy”.

Ya see..my son has nothing to do with this. I am 5’9 and 150 lbs, I’m not at risk for any health issues. I just want to look good... as selfish as that!! I want my 6 sick back and I want to fit into my size 2 jeans again!! My son doesn’t need me to wear size 2!

We tend to use our children as an excuse for everything we do or don’t do, but is that really the case?

Be honest, why do you work out?
    I don't really see the problem with what she said. Exercising isn't just about losing weight. You could lose weight and get into your size 2 jeans without even doing any exercise, but you wouldn't be as healthy as you could be.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely doing this for myself first; I want to feel good and maintain a high level of performance (I practice MMA). However, a big factor is my health and longevity. These aspects, are of course self-serving, but they also have a lot to do with my family. I want to be healthy and also provide a good example of healthy living.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So I lied.

The REAL reason?

Two months ago my wife of nearly 16 years said "The reason I don't pounce you, or come on to you is because I'm not drawn to intimacy with you. Physically, you are not somebody I'd want to do those things with"

Move-out of the house is scheduled, next phase of my life is starting. I want to be a better me; not for her or to 'win' her back - I want to be a better me because I deserve it.