Be honest

Options

Replies

• FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So strangers will feel me up in nightclubs.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Because I am sexy and I know it.
    girl, look at that body, I work out!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy for my cats.

You totally beat me to it. :D
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Honestly I work out so that I can feel good, look good and eat more! :)

THIS!!!!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I just started going to the gym this week. When I told one of my co-workers she said “ oh that’s good, your son needs you healthy”.

Ya see..my son has nothing to do with this. I am 5’9 and 150 lbs, I’m not at risk for any health issues. I just want to look good... as selfish as that!! I want my 6 sick back and I want to fit into my size 2 jeans again!! My son doesn’t need me to wear size 2!

Well to be fair, did you ask your son about you wearing a size 2?

It may be at the top of his list of things.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I workout to better myself. I want to be as fit, strong, and fast as I can. I love competition. Even if I am competing against my old scores and PRs.

Looking damn good naked is a close second
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I just started going to the gym this week. When I told one of my co-workers she said “ oh that’s good, your son needs you healthy”.

Ya see..my son has nothing to do with this. I am 5’9 and 150 lbs, I’m not at risk for any health issues. I just want to look good... as selfish as that!! I want my 6 sick back and I want to fit into my size 2 jeans again!! My son doesn’t need me to wear size 2!

We tend to use our children as an excuse for everything we do or don’t do, but is that really the case?

Be honest, why do you work out?
    I don't really see the problem with what she said. Exercising isn't just about losing weight. You could lose weight and get into your size 2 jeans without even doing any exercise, but you wouldn't be as healthy as you could be.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with what she said. I am saying there is something wrong with lieing to ourselves about some things we do in life. I am and will be a great mom even if I dont work out to have my flat tummy back.
    Working out is for me and me only ( not even my husband, he will ask for it no matter how fat that a** is. :)
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    For my kids and for me ... thats all!
  • jewnbug87
    Options
    I work out because I am tired of being fat and winded when I climb a flight of stairs.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    My main reasons are to look good and feel good. I do want my daughter to grow up with a healthier body image than I had growing up, to do that I need to be healthy. So part of my reasons are for her.

I'd say 60% selfish reasons and 40% for her.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked.
    And be healthy for my daughter.
    But mostly to look good naked.

Just this - although substitute daughter for sons... I know I want to be healthy and fit and able to do stuff with the kids, but looking good naked is as good a motivator as any, especially as it means I don't have to kid myself that I look okay when there's nothing to hide behind.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Because I want to look flippin amaaaaaazing!

(also the endorphins are really helpful)
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    to be the better looking version of myself
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    To look good, be strong and healthy, and because I can eat more. :-D Basically, it makes me feel better all around!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked.
    And be healthy for my daughter.
    But mostly to look good naked.

That's what I was going to say...all of that!

Yea, thats it right there, cept be healthy for my sons:)
  • fernandesg
    fernandesg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do this for me....actually my kids made me fat! LOL I think you just get to a point when you are done making excuses and do something about it...no matter how long it takes :)

Here, here!!
  • fcp1234
    Options
    So I lied.

The REAL reason?

Two months ago my wife of nearly 16 years said "The reason I don't pounce you, or come on to you is because I'm not drawn to intimacy with you. Physically, you are not somebody I'd want to do those things with"

Move-out of the house is scheduled, next phase of my life is starting. I want to be a better me; not for her or to 'win' her back - I want to be a better me because I deserve it.

I am sorry !! I think its pretty messed up what she said, and as a woman, I dont think looks have anything to do with it. You are right though, you should feel about yourself !!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    arthritus, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol and blood pressure, chronic migraines, insomnia, breathing problems, thyroid disease, hypoglycemia, arrhythmia, hair loss, brittle fingernails, lateral distoid meniscus, breast and colon cancer, liver and kidney disease,lupus, parkinsons, and alzheimers. These are all problems either i or a close family member has or had. Some are a minor issue; others are fatal or debilitating. I dont want to be facing a heart attack at 36 (my papaw) or blood pressure that requires medication at 34 (my mom and aunt). I dont want vision problems caused by my cholesterol (age 17, my cousin). I dont want to get into my 50s and try to START getting in shape (my dad). I dont want comments saying ive gotten fat behind my back (my mom, two cousins, and an aunt). I dont want to be so frail that i fall and break a bone monthly (grandma) or have to rely on medication to keep me alive and functioning (nearly everyone). I am doing this to fight genetics on some and to prolong the inevitable on others. if i inherit thyroid or heart disease, i want to fight it with the rest of me in perfect health.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I did this for me...in fact it's the first purely selfish thing I have done since I had my daughter...

that being said, I do want my daughter to be proud of me and not ashamed of me, and I do want to keep up with her and maybe even provide some level of challenge for her...but ultimately...this was purely for ME...

for the first time in 10 years...just for me.
  • fcp1234
    Options

Well to be fair, did you ask your son about you wearing a size 2?

It may be at the top of his list of things.
    You know what, it be might..right up there along with his milk:)