77 Down: 30 To Go, but I feel like I've lost it...

Options
124»

Replies

• BaackOnIt
    BaackOnIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You won't like my answer but here it is....

Why is your goal what it is? Is it a number? A size?

If you "have a cute shape" and feel good, why exactly are you struggling to reach some arbitrary goal?

I have a goal, technically, but if I suddenly feel great and strutting and I'm not there? Meh. Close enough.

I was fat and it was lousy. I feel better now, but not as good as I want to feel. Once I feel awesome, I don't know that I'll worry if its 2 lbs or 20 lbs away to my "goal." Because in the end, my goal with MFP was to fit better in my skin and my life, not into a certain size pants or a weight bracket someone else thinks I should fit into.

Not the normal answer, but hey, live, love what you've done and if you lose more and change, great. If not? You are still beautiful, feeling great and happy. What's wrong with that?

I love this :):happy:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,016 Member
    Options
    How about taking a break from active weightloss for a while, and go on maintenence. Perhaps then you can get your mojo back, and trick your body into releasing a bit more. Also, consider if your goal is sensible and health-related or a vanity number. There's no point in beating yourself up for an unrealistic goal.

Congratulations on your amazing success, and all the best for whatever you decide to do.:drinker:
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I WAS in this place. I finally sucked it up and paid my trainer to work out a meal plan with me. It SUCKS but it's working. She's going to work with me until I make my goal and then help me to "normalize" my eating again. I lost 4 lbs in the first week (after seeing only 2 lbs in 2 months) and expect a good number again this week.

For me, the extra motivation I needed was knowing that I paid someone to help me and if I can't follow a simple meal plan then not only am I wasting my time but my money too! I'm such a cheap *kitten* that it seems to be working. Good luck find your beast mode again!
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So maybe I'm not eating enough when I'm trying to lose and I'm setting myself up for failure. I think that is probably true and I'm going to try to address it. Research and adjustment here.

As for eating at maintenance....a few people suggested it and I'm sort of confused. While I haven't tracked my maintenance eating, I've maintained my weight for a year, so I think I have been eating at maintenance? The idea of tracking and counting without losing sounds like something that just won't work for me. I wish I had more fortitude for something like that, but that's just not the reality.

As for how "realistic" my goals are: I am 5'9". My pic may not look it, but this morning I weighed in at 202 pounds. Per the BMI charts, I am obese. My waist is 34." I want to be 168. That is the absolute top weight for my height that is considered normal on the BMI charts. I don't think that goal is "unrealistic" or that I'm trying to get too skinny. Many,many people would freak out if they weighed that much. I have come a long way, and I am happy. But I do have farther to go. That is the reality. I can be happy with myself and still have weight to lose.
  • britzzie
    Options
    You know, I felt that way when I reached my pre-pregnancy weight which was about 25 pounds from my goal weight. I started having "healthy" chips (by the bagful), a "few" chocolate chips, etc and while I wasn't gaining, I sure wasn't losing anymore either.

I had to backup and regroup to figure out what I really wanted and that was to be strong and healthy. I'm not allowed to buy the items I can't control myself with. I still binge on occasion, but I've set a goal for myself that I will be within 100 calories of goal on the weekends and changed up my workout. My food scale is my best friend, and I no longer eyeball ANYTHING portion wise.

Bottom line, you have to decide that you're (still) worth more than where you got comfortable.

Good is the enemy of great!

Love this! Thank you!!
  • britzzie
    Options
    You aren't tracking regularly, but on the days you are tracking, it seems as though you are eating very little food for your size and activity level, which absolutely brings on cravings that are nigh impossible to deny.

More than likely, you need to eat more food. Food to fuel you day and your workouts. Eating less isn't the answer in your situation. I know it's scary, but it's true. I understand because I've been there. http://nbsfit.com/nutrition/weight-loss-isnt-always-about-eating-less-and-exercising-more/

You could be right. It is scary, but I'm open to it. Thank you.
  • DietFemme
    DietFemme Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!

I have 60 down with 20 to go, or 30 depending on what looks right, and I have only managed to get myself back on track in the last few weeks after a good three months of slacking off.

It's hard to stay super motivated about just the one thing constantly, with work and stress and also the good things in life all getting in the way.
  • jenmood
    jenmood Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had the same exact problem and would be interested in hearing responses for people who have been successful.
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been there... And this is how I got modivated again.

When you started out, you had a goal, something that you wanted to reach, a way you wanted to look. Maybe it was getting out of the plus sizes, Maybe it was to have the energy that you lack, maybe it was to be able to walk from the car to the office and not need a nap after the walk.

You hit that goal, even though you are not where you want to be. You no longer have a vision for what you want, were you want to go. SO, when I hit that point, and people were telling me how great I looked and I "backed off". I could ride the rollercoasters, I could keep up with the "young pups" at the gym. I could walk further in a day than I could in a week, I started slipping. Letting stuff in a justifying it.

SO, I set a new goal, and backed it up with pictures in my mind of where I want to be. I want to turn heads at the pool, in a good way. I want to be the old guy who young guys wish they were. I want to have unlimited energy, and that has become my new drive.

When you see your destination, you start slowing down and letting things sidetrack you, set a new destination. What do you REALLY want, and what are you willing to do to hit that goal!

Go for it, and BE HEALTHY. You can do it, and you deserve it!

I love this! Perfect advice :)