Females only (sorry guys!)

Options
124»

Replies

• Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    up to 10 freaking pounds. Its ridiculous.

Also, on the DAY of ovulation, my cravings and hunger 'pains' begin to be out of control for a full week. I get a one week reprieve before shark week begins. The first 2 days are ridiculous for cravings and hunger again but then I'm back to normal all around by day 3 (and if I've fought the good fight, I get a nice huge 12-13lb whoosh lol).
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    slhall0822 wrote: »
    While I personally agree with you that we're all adults, I know from personal experience that some guys (and even some gals) get squeamish as soon as you mention TOM... thought I'd save them the trouble :smile:

I only get squeamish because I don't understand why it has to be called TOM or some other cutesy name like it's too taboo to call it what it is.

I typically gain about 5 pounds the week of my period.

I call it TOM not to be cutesy, but because I'm lazy and typing out Time of the Month is longer than TOM, as is menstrual cycle, or period, or Aunt Flo, or all of the other variations of TOM :)
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I gained 3.6 and then lost 6 overnight just recently, as well as a bunch more water over this past week.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    yeahfatty wrote: »
    What's embarrassing about getting your period? No one would be here without it.

Actually I think it's the other way around. When you are without it is when you start thinking about the population increasing. ;)

Anyway around 3-5 pounds for me.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad that the OP's question was "how much do you gain before your period" and not "Is it true that you can gain before your period".

Thinking about grown women who are unaware of pre-period bloat makes me want to put my head through a wall.

PS--I gain 3-5 lbs before my period.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad that the OP's question was "how much do you gain before your period" and not "Is it true that you can gain before your period".

Thinking about grown women who are unaware of pre-period bloat makes me want to put my head through a wall.

PS--I gain 3-5 lbs before my period.

Agreed.

And 3-5 pounds for me as well. It starts creeping up around ovulation and doesn't go down until mid-period. I lose all the definition in my abs. My waist measurement goes up too.