Just Need to Vent

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cvstokke wrote: »
    Yesterday was a really hard day. I'm down 21 lbs this year and fit in size 8-10 pants but I still have a very large chest and can't even fit in size 12 dresses sometimes. I ordered a Rent the Runway dress for a wedding this weekend and went to pick it up and it didn't fit. It zipped but didn't look good because it was too tight and leftie was spilling out the top. I had been looking forward to this dress for weeks and was devastated. The sales assistant pulled out a bunch of other dresses but a third didn't fit (chest), a third were ugly, and a third fit but required no bra (not an option for me). I settled on one that isn't my style and is half a size too big just to have something. I felt horrible and disgusting and hated that I'm the only one of my friends to have this problem. The wedding is going to be all my skinny hot college friends and I'm going to feel like the elephant. There's nothing to be done by tomorrow (I'll do one last ditch effort at the mall at lunch), but I just wanted to vent.

I have a feeling you're going to look absolutely gorgeous! Have fun at the wedding!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thing is will friends look at you like the elephant? They'll more than likely just be elated to see you and not be as concerned at you are as how you look. Trust when I tell you that they, like most people I had this conversation with, are more concerned about how people view them then how they view others. It's supposed to be a fun time to reunite and not one to worry whether or not you'll be considered acceptable in your current form.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cococraze24
    cococraze24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Girl I'm sending you a hug because I.know what you're going through! I.hope everything works/worked out..
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    At a size 8/10, you would be considered my skinny, hot friend! Boobs only seal the deal. :smiley:
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In case anyone wanted to see, here's the final product. Thanks for all the support!

iwyejvxcyz9l.jpg
    xtc3p6sb9wj4.jpg
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look STUNNING!!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey. You're not alone. I've had this problem my entire life. I specifically remember one time I find THE prom dress. I loved it, but it wouldn't zip up my chest. I cried and cried. Then another time, my wedding dress was altered too tightly and my boobs were spilling out of the top. I was soooo pissed because there was no time to have it altered again. It was embarrassing, but I dealt with it. Such is the life of a girl with huge boobs.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Great choice - you look gorgeous! Love that colour. Hope you have fun.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The red dress looks amazing! Where did you get it?

I have the exact same problem in the exact same sizes. :)

If a dress has a zipper or any chance of non-stretchy fabric, I have to order a 14, or both a 12 and a 14. It's pretty frustrating to be an 8 on the bottom and a 14 on the top.

A couple of tips for future shopping:
    --NY and Co. has lots of cocktail/bridesmaid dresses that have slightly stretchy fabrics, such as silk jersey...many are on sale now. Lots of their dresses work with our body shape. They might have a few that could work for black tie. I like their casual dresses too.*
    --Nordstrom has very good descriptions on the website and an excellent return policy.
    --For more casual (but very good quality) dresses, check out Garnet Hill.
    --Don't order from eShakti--lots of their dresses with stretchy fabrics have non-stretchy panels/bands/inserts that won't work with a bigger chest.

I am considering wearing a halter dress without a bra for an event in a couple of weeks. It seems to fit/look better/be more comfortable without a strapless bra, but as a DDD, I don't think that I have EVER left the house that way...

*ETA, it looks like these are mostly sold out for this year...just something to keep in mind for the future.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The big boobs struggle is real, but if that's the only big part on you, then I'm pretty it's your friends that will be jealous of you.
  • KatsMeow12
    KatsMeow12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In case anyone wanted to see, here's the final product. Thanks for all the support!

Holy cow. You're gorgeous!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! the bride may hate you. ~smiles~
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

iwyejvxcyz9l.jpg
    xtc3p6sb9wj4.jpg

Thank you for posting the "finished product". You look stunning! Did your ex's mouth fall to the floor when you sashayed in?
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options

iwyejvxcyz9l.jpg
    xtc3p6sb9wj4.jpg

Thank you for posting the "finished product". You look stunning! Did your ex's mouth fall to the floor when you sashayed in?

Thank you! He did spend a considerable amount of time staring at / talking to me :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    I can guarantee that your skinny hot friends are all jealous of your boobs. We're all different-embrace what you got!

Yep yep. I try to be happy with my body but man...I would love to have breasts. I mean...bigger breasts.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

iwyejvxcyz9l.jpg
    xtc3p6sb9wj4.jpg

Holy crap this is amazing! Seriously beautiful.
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in to say you look gorgeous! I've always had problems with gowns because I'm 5'10" and they never quite hit the floor. So glad you found something that works! That's so frustrating.
  • DeeDeeS13
    DeeDeeS13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hoping you ended up having a fantastic time and were able to find a dress that was tolerable. Thanks for sharing your frustrations. It's helpful to know we all have our struggles.
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That dress looks so lovely, you really suit it. I really struggle to get clothes that fit everywhere, as I'm somewhere between a pear and hourglass shape. I have narrow shoulders and waist but big boobs, belly and hips and my sizes are just all over the place!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    21lbs is a great achievement/loss, I'm sure your friends will focus on that and not your dress, but I'm a guy so I am sure I am wrong when it comes to clothes :smile: I was at a wedding this weekend as well, great weather and I fit into my old suit, but it needs to be taken in a little, which is a nice problem to have, just like you not finding something to fit into, yes a problem, but still not a bad problem to go through.