Feeling disappointed

Options

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    aekaya wrote: »
    If you're looking for a more positive community/support system with tips, exercises, meal plans, etc to get you back on track, I would highly suggest following fitgirlsguide on instagram, or checking out the blogilates site/instagram. I find they tend to be much more positive, and those are the sites I'll go on when I'm stuck in a rut and need a boost out.
    So do you mean people that will agree with you even if what you're doing is wrong?

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    aekaya wrote: »
    If you're looking for a more positive community/support system with tips, exercises, meal plans, etc to get you back on track, I would highly suggest following fitgirlsguide on instagram, or checking out the blogilates site/instagram. I find they tend to be much more positive, and those are the sites I'll go on when I'm stuck in a rut and need a boost out.
    So do you mean people that will agree with you even if what you're doing is wrong?

Of course that's what it is.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    But what your not understanding is I'm not here to be judged. My statement said I'm feeling disappointed... I know people that said this is a great support system. And I believe it can be. I'm sorry some of you miss understood my request. I was need of words of I couragement like keep trying,just keep weighing and counting. I won't be posting again.

Ohhhhh, you wanted to be coddled and told that even though whatever you are doing isn't working that you should continue with it because that is your comfort zone and eventually it will work. Got it.
    I am tempted to write out something about repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again seeking a different result.....but I won't.
    I am not trying to be "mean" because frankly I don't care if you succeed or not so I have no reason to be mean or nice. I am simply here to state my thoughts on your post since that is what posting in a public forum is all about. You requested our responses...it's not our job to only tell you what you are comfortable hearing.
    I think there is a lot of good and bad information in this thread...you will have to decide which you want to follow and whether you are going to be honest with yourself about things.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I also want to say that I fluctuate 5lbs in a day sometimes...so the 9lbs may not be 9lbs of fat. Lots of things affect your daily weight. Just saying...
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I also want to say that I fluctuate 5lbs in a day sometimes...so the 9lbs may not be 9lbs of fat. Lots of things affect your daily weight. Just saying...

that bicep....I want that bicep
  • sup3rb3ast
    sup3rb3ast Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Gaining 9lbs in two weeks is nearly impossible unless you are eating an INSANE amount of food. Since you state that you are not eating a lot, there might be other reasons for this gain. My weight fluctuates from the norm depending on variables such as:
    -Muscle soreness (if I overdo my workout and am really sore the next day, I find I gain about 5lbs until my muscles stop being sore).
    -Your time of the month (I usually gain 5lbs for this week).
    -For some reason if I eat a lot of sodium in a day I will be heavier the next few days.

I am guessing these are all to do with water retention, but I am not a nutritionist or a scientist so I am not sure. The point is, 9lbs in two weeks is not likely actual weight gain, so I wouldn't stress if I was you! Weigh yourself again in two weeks, I bet you will be back to normal or less. Give yourself some time, don't get hung up on the number on the scale. :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Here's a pat on the back OP. :D

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    For all the good it will do, this might help a lurker. I will add that I seriously doubt the OP was consuming 700 calories since I seriously doubt she's accurately assessing her intake. There's a video on youtube which shows a person hand logging her own food. She's off by a wide margin. Even registered dietitians under report their food intake. http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=379

If the OP is reading this, I urge her to read through this whole chart. And to get a food scale.

4az0grv1ge2s.jpg
  • CiaraMDalton
    CiaraMDalton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Didnt say that's what I was eating this week but thank you. I used to eat that and my weight stayed at 135.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The only way people can help is by looking over your diary and checking the accuracy. Everything else is conjecture.
  • deniseyweesy1
    deniseyweesy1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank you! My doctor and have been watching this for a while...I trust him. 700 calories just wasn't enough for my body[/quote]

How long were you only eating 700 calories a day?
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You did not gain 9 pounds of fat in two weeks, so it can only be water and undigested food, and maybe the change in diet did cause it, or maybe that's your normal range of water weight fluctuation. For me, +9 pounds would be very abnormal (I weigh every day) and if it continued I'd be off to the doctor to rule out a heart or kidney problem. I did have that kind of rapid weight gain some weeks when pregnant, but I also had very visible signs that I was retaining a lot of water, not gaining fat.
  • mzporter810
    mzporter810 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your disappointed after making changes you thought would be effective. Good luck, hopefully you will find out soon what works best for you.
  • jessicablair712
    jessicablair712 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    also if the foods are prcessed they ay be more fattening than one thinks.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options

+1
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything. If I did it later in the day after several meals and lots of water it would easily be 3-5 pounds more. I also gain a few extra pounds during period week that go away right after.

I also agree with getting a scale and weighing absolutely everything. There's just less room for error that way. Don't forget to also count any oils you're cooking your food in, condiments, etc. Lastly, try playing around with your macro percentages. If you're truly eating the amount of calories you say you are maybe you're eating way more carbs and fat on your new veggie diet and not getting enough protein? Just a thought.
  • Bogglebo
    Bogglebo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Didnt say that's what I was eating this week but thank you. I used to eat that and my weight stayed at 135.

I'm slightly confused here, you weigh 135 + 9 lbs & want to lose another 89? Wouldn't that put you into the grossly underweight category?

Are you pregnant?

Hope you can find a solution, the body seems to have a mind of its own :smiley:

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Op, I'm sorry...so many people trying to help you on here. Don't know why you'd just want a pat on the back when you could listen to advice and not waste much more time. Though I doubt you gained 9 pounds of fat, you obviously aren't losing either. Food scale.

I hope you can get over feeling "judged" (which no one is judging you, by the way) and being being more open to how to calorie count properly.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A week of weighing might not mean much. Here's a potentially helpful post I just started about weight over time.

I'm vegetarian, and I found that (contrary to what most vegetarians told me when I was starting out) it is surprisingly difficult for me to hit my protein targets. I'm finding that as I up my protein intake, I'm somehow losing weight faster. But it's very easy if you're not paying attention to your macros to eat mostly carbs and fats when you're veggie. I don't know if this information helps, but I hope you find out what you need to know.