Do you consider yourself successful in achieving, on the path to achieving, your goals?

Options
124»

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    On path to achieving. Lost 70 lbs but still not quite at the body I want. Almost there and working on it.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes. via learning, practicing patience and forgiveness, counting calories.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    On the path, distributing flowers and confetti.

Happy with achievements so far (25 lbs lost).

Optimistic about the future, knowing I've got a good system going that will keep me on track.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely on the right path. I've lost 65lbs since January by CICO, heavy lifting and moderate cardio.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    And how do you define how you got there

Short answers only please

I do, lost 54lbs easily and at maintenance since Feb

Used CICO, no good/bad foods or other rules

You?

On the path, and have been successful staying on it. 106lbs down thus far practicing moderation; eating less, moving more; and probably most importantly I started getting honest and stopped with the bs excuses and pity parties which gave me license to overeat and remain fat.

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    CICO and HIIT workouts all the way. I've lost 25 pounds in the last 7 weeks.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    successfully been in maintenance for more than 2 years, still logging with weighing and monitoring CICO everyday.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Yes

125 lbs net lost, around 15 lbs muscle added over 18 months

Respectable time on a hot as hell 20 mile bike ride today, 95 degrees.

ipjknjzbvxss.jpg
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Mgtei wrote: »
    Yes, on the path every day

Yes, this. So much

Passed my original weight goal 5lbs ago. Working on being thoroughly healthy, inside and out.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Do you consider yourself successful in achieving, on the path to achieving, your goals?

And how do you define how you got there

I am, absolutely, successful.

I wanted to lose 15 kg ... 16 weeks later, I had lost 15 kg. :) All CICO.

I went on holidays and hoped I wouldn't gain more than 2.5 kg, so although I ate whatever I wanted, I also exercised my butt off. Once all the flight-induced water retention had subsided, I am only 0.5 kg more than I was.

I want to lose that and have every confidence I will ... and now I'm looking at a new goal approx. 7 kg lower. And why not. If I can lose 15 kg, I can lose 7 kg.

It's just a matter of sticking with CICO.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am definitely on the path, and I have achieved my ultimate goal. I have dropped 113 lb. so far with 38 more to go, so I am on the right path weight wise. I can now hike up to seven miles and I swim a mile and a quarter regularly so I have achieved my ultimate goal of getting back to being able to do the activities I love and have missed. The weight will get there, but the activity level is more important to me than looks.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No.

I have lost more than 90 pounds and have maintained for quite a while. It has NOT be easy for me--every pound has been hard-fought.

I have major health problems which caused the weight gain in the first place. These are limiting my ability to progress any further.

I eat and exercise with enormous discipline, but my body will never look acceptable. I have been working on this for 3+ years, but I still have people come up to me in the gym to tell me how I "should" be doing things, presuming that I am a new exerciser. I score in the top tier on every fitness test around, but I do not look fit at all.
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost 140 lbs total, 2lbs a week steady pace. Most importantly, my fitness is improving. I'm getting stronger, not just thinner.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I consider myself successful, and yet still on the path.

1. Succeeded in hitting my goal weight, and now weigh less than I ever thought possible.
    2. Have successfully maintained within a 2 lb range for 4 months, including a few short logging breaks, and lightening up on my logging accuracy. Went on a few short trips in this time and successfully maintained on those as well, while not stressing about it.
    3. Still working on gaining muscle and losing some belly fat. That will be a slow, slow process!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No.

I have lost more than 90 pounds and have maintained for quite a while. It has NOT be easy for me--every pound has been hard-fought.

I have major health problems which caused the weight gain in the first place. These are limiting my ability to progress any further.

I eat and exercise with enormous discipline, but my body will never look acceptable. I have been working on this for 3+ years, but I still have people come up to me in the gym to tell me how I "should" be doing things, presuming that I am a new exerciser. I score in the top tier on every fitness test around, but I do not look fit at all.
    I'd consider that success. You've done your best and have improved.

To me, it's never been about how I look or achieving goals. Looking better - icing on the cake, for sure. The goals are fun, but not the important part. If having a hot body were my goal, I'd have to quit now, because that cannot happen. No chance. I still move along. :)

It's about health. And there is no doubt that what you've done can only have helped with health, so I'd call it a success. :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    At first it was about health for me, and reclaiming my life after having been very sick.

Now, I want to look normal. Hot is way out of the realm of possibility. :)
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have successfully lost 5-6lbs a month for 5.5 months. Am halfway to my goal.
    CICO no foods off limit. Moving more.
    I feel like this is totally sustainable. And am not feeling deprived
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been successful so far in losing more than 100 pounds and I consider myself to be on the path to losing another 30-40 pounds. It has almost all been due to eating less calories. My only exercise has been a bit of walking and I didn't even do that until recently. I don't know if I will have to track forever, but now I know that I can easily track and if that needs to be forever, I can do it. My only rules have been to lower carbs (I am diabetic), eat healthier and not keep tempting treats in the house. I go out once a week for a single serve treat.