Food Diary for Men

Options
124»

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Do a search for "open diary". You should find results like the one linked below. There'll be dudes responding on there. Click their profile and click on "View diary". Enjoy ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10076311/to-those-of-you-with-a-public-food-diary/p1

hurrah, some positive help for the Op.
    kudos janeir36.

fr sent to OP,diary is open.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,783 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think that the threads that "restrict" answers are just silly (period).

So, I should not address a 1200Cal a day thread because I don't eat 1200Cal a day?

Comments on my nutrition by @Sarauk2sf?
    OMG, not if I'm a guy!

I was showing MFP to the head of obstetrics at a local hospital. Maybe, if he joins, and decides to waste some time in the forums, he shouldn't touch "girl only" threads with all that icky girl stuff in them.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Here's my husband's profile:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/AlwaysMTNDEW

He doesn't frequent the forum's much. Not his thing. I have no clue if his diary is set to public or not. If not, I'll tell him to open it for you Op.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Here's my husband's profile:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/AlwaysMTNDEW

He doesn't frequent the forum's much. Not his thing. I have no clue if his diary is set to public or not. If not, I'll tell him to open it for you Op.

It's public

See not to be unsupportive, but what's been interesting about the men's diaries I've creeped in this whole debacle is their calories are set to 2200-3500 calories, due to their goals, of course. The OP would have much more in common with users who are eating in the 1500-1800 calorie range. That range has TONS of women in it
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Domineer wrote: »
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    You'll probably have a better idea about your progress after a month or so. Not to be overly crude, but I can experience 1 lb loss in a day depending on how much fiber I have.

1630 kcal/day is a bit low for a man of your age, especially if you're at all active. Again, see what the numbers are like over time, but aggressive deficits can offer problems in the long term.

As far as meals go, what do you like eating? Some men like steak and potatoes, and some like grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. I like most anything that doesn't have mushrooms or olives in it.

I like steak and potatoes, chicken and steamed veggies, italian foods, Jamaican food, American food, Asian cuisine mostly. I lost a ton of weight not recorded on MFP. 1630 is what MFP recommended for a 2/lb a week weight loss. It's an adjustment but nothing I haven't done before. Last year u significantly cut my cals and got down to the low 230s from 270 within 4-5 months. I picked up 12-15lbs but luckily, not all fat. I do 80-100 push ups a night, average 8k steps a day, and still lift and do cardio at the gym 3 days a week. I gained due to my love for cheese and lots of it since this January. However, I still fit the same clothes just fine but I want to be down to 220 or less.

Do you think that is significant in any way?

Do you think it's not?

It tells me that he doesn't move much. That is kind of counter to his implication that he has gained muscle from working out. 3 days a week at the gym isn't very impressive either.

Good thing weight loss is easier for men...
    Because going to the gym constantly in an unrecovered state to just spin your wheels is impressive? There are plenty of people in the gym 3 times a week for an hour or two, doing full body compounds every time, accomplishing a lot more than some people there everyday, following some form of bro-splits.

I'm not lifting every day. I am at the gym, doing other things, such as swimming. I am not at home sitting on my *kitten* and eating cheese.

I don't think that what I do is impressive at all, but if I were walking a mere 8000 steps a day, I would be keeping that to myself and certainly not bragging about all the "muscle" being gained.

Sorry, not a fan of chauvinists.

Whats wrong with cheese huh?
    Apparently it causes you to sit down and not move enough steps.

• Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow..this thread really went south, fast! Mods, please don't delete the entire thread but feel free to remove the negative posts please.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

OP never said that.

I misread what the OP wrote and have requested the mods remove my comment as I was combining his comments with some other comments that were written early in the thread. My mistake.

How nice of you..to come back and say that. Cool <3
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Do a search for "open diary". You should find results like the one linked below. There'll be dudes responding on there. Click their profile and click on "View diary". Enjoy ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10076311/to-those-of-you-with-a-public-food-diary/p1

Now..that is a very classy and sweet reply! <3
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »

Now..that is a very classy and sweet reply! <3

Agreed! I will do tha for sure
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Domineer wrote: »
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    You'll probably have a better idea about your progress after a month or so. Not to be overly crude, but I can experience 1 lb loss in a day depending on how much fiber I have.

1630 kcal/day is a bit low for a man of your age, especially if you're at all active. Again, see what the numbers are like over time, but aggressive deficits can offer problems in the long term.

As far as meals go, what do you like eating? Some men like steak and potatoes, and some like grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. I like most anything that doesn't have mushrooms or olives in it.

I like steak and potatoes, chicken and steamed veggies, italian foods, Jamaican food, American food, Asian cuisine mostly. I lost a ton of weight not recorded on MFP. 1630 is what MFP recommended for a 2/lb a week weight loss. It's an adjustment but nothing I haven't done before. Last year u significantly cut my cals and got down to the low 230s from 270 within 4-5 months. I picked up 12-15lbs but luckily, not all fat. I do 80-100 push ups a night, average 8k steps a day, and still lift and do cardio at the gym 3 days a week. I gained due to my love for cheese and lots of it since this January. However, I still fit the same clothes just fine but I want to be down to 220 or less.

Do you think that is significant in any way?

Do you think it's not?

It tells me that he doesn't move much. That is kind of counter to his implication that he has gained muscle from working out. 3 days a week at the gym isn't very impressive either.

Good thing weight loss is easier for men...

What you mean is (usually) men have more Lean body mass. That doesn't make it easier to lose weight.

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Mine's open!