Shorts?!

Options

Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    By the way, this is not a "tell me how great I look" post

I dont need anyone to tell me that.

It is a GET OUT of your own head post, and stop being afraid of things.

But it is so safe and warm in my head...

Being inside your head must be wonderful...i wish i was in there!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Odd! I just had the same NSV today, except I was jogging outside in broad daylight! That's huge for me! My legs wobble and jiggle to and fro but I wanted to get a tan and get my workout in!
    You have fantastic legs! Keep wearin' dem shorts giiiirl!
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    The only pair of shorts i own are worn to bed, and they will NEVER see the light of day. EVER. I hate my legs, I have always hated my legs and I will NEVER wear shorts. EVER.

You look great tho.

hmmm...you do know what saying this to me might do, right?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wear booty shorts...with tights underneath
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    The only pair of shorts i own are worn to bed, and they will NEVER see the light of day. EVER. I hate my legs, I have always hated my legs and I will NEVER wear shorts. EVER.

You look great tho.

it will probably make you want to slap me. and thats ok I kind of like being smacked around ;)
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

You look great tho.

it will probably make you want to slap me. and thats ok I kind of like being smacked around ;)

heh.

that's a wholeeeeeeee nother topic now, isnt it?:smokin:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    In to see if Dave posts something about being in to seek new friends.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You are so hot! Ummm here's my shorts. No awesome lift gifs. Maybe in a few weeks.

Nevermind, picture is huge and I don't have time right now.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Welllll, my home is my gym so wearing shorts to the gym is not a problem :happy:

But....I just went on vacation and I wore shorts! The last time I went on vacation, I wore hideously large shorts that hardly showed a smidgeon of my leg. This time I wore short shorts, khaki shorts, long shorts..all kinds of shorts!

MeFlorida_zps6e215e08.jpg
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

You look great tho.

Yeah, I hate my legs and never used to show them. But it's hot out, and I don't like most people, so what do I care if they need therapy after seeing my varicose veined glaringly white chubby legs? Anyway, that's what I keep telling myself as I force myself to wear shorts this summer.

T-Rexess should wear shorts if they want to, they can always eat anyone who gives them any weird looks.

EuE8tDC.gif

And CrankMeUp, I am so happy for you that you are getting past those anxieties, I know it's really tough.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I know.

Some of you will think this is ridiculous...but I haven't worn shorts to the gym (insert a bunch of mental worries about my body)..EVER.

Until friday.

and guess what? I am ok.

You are not just OK, you are awesome, and you look awesome! I haven't worn shorts to the gym since.... about 10 years ago. I am looking forward to the day when I feel confident enough to do it!

Yesterday I was looking for some shorts to wear around the house, and found out that I don't have anything in my current size. I do have some short shorts that will fit me soon, though. They're a relatively large size so they must've been for a special occasion like the Catholic Schoolgirl run or something. When they do fit me in a few weeks, I'm going to try to get up the courage to wear them out and about!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh my...show those legs off!! I can't wait to have legs like that, be proud!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem wearing shorts. But as a guy, this might be relative.

I prefer not to wear tanktop or sleeveless shirt at the gym. Or when working out. I don't know why i'm like that. I've never been the type to want to flaunt my guns in the gym while working out, getting that pump. Even though i'm usually more cut than the guys i do see wearing tanks and sleeveless. I always joke with my friend that i workout with, that one day i'm gonna rock the sleeveless and expose the bulge. I don't know, maybe one day.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I never. ever. EVER. wear shorts. But that's because I have tree-trunk legs. I always will even when I reach goal. I can accept that. I may wear shorts at some point. I used to never wear tank tops because of FAS (flabby arm syndrome) but I got over that.

But you! You look great in shorts! Very shapely legs. Don't hide them.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    I've never had a problem wearing shorts. But as a guy, this might be relative.

I prefer not to wear tanktop or sleeveless shirt at the gym. Or when working out. I don't know why i'm like that. I've never been the type to want to flaunt my guns in the gym while working out, getting that pump. Even though i'm usually more cut than the guys i do see wearing tanks and sleeveless. I always joke with my friend that i workout with, that one day i'm gonna rock the sleeveless and expose the bulge. I don't know, maybe one day.

you should.
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I don't feel comfortable wearing shorts in public. However, I am working towards that goal : )
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    xDmCPHo.png
  • Meganisaface
    Meganisaface Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing converse? aren't you worried about not having enough support?
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    Are you wearing converse? aren't you worried about not having enough support?

converse are ideal for weight lifting because they are flat. I wear different shoes when I walk/do cardio.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I think the whole outfit is great. I noticed the shoes too, which makes me smile. Converse forever.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!