At what meal do you consume the MOST calories?

Options
shanae727
shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
I prefer to consume more cals at breakfast but it just doesn't happen like that sometimes, when do you consume the most calories throughout the day?

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Breakfast :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    usually breakfast. i work out in the morning, in a fasted state, and then i'm ravenous when i get home! eggs, bacon, avocado, protein shake, banana :)
  • tayjenks08
    tayjenks08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It all depends honestly. I just try to make sure if i eat a larger dinner, it'll be early in the evening and not late. But most of the time its breakfast i think.
  • clarkstephen50
    clarkstephen50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For the most part its a toss up between breakfast and dinner, It all depends on what my gym time looks like for that night. On run days its a big breakfast, on weight lifting days its a big dinner.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Dinner. Nearly always late in the evening, but sometimes late afternoon to early evening on the weekends if we cook outside.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Dinner - that's when I have time to cook.

Breakfast tends to be cereal bar(s) and/ or protein shake (depending on what I've done at the gym), lunch is salad, cold meat or bean salad and a low fat yoghurt, dinner will be loads of veg and a chicken breast (or something similar).
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'd love to say Breakfast, but it tends to be dinner on the weekdays :(
  • WestchesterKB
    WestchesterKB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Defintely lunch, but somedays my snacks can be as large as my meals. Depends on what I eat. I eat 70% of my calories between noon and 5:00PM
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Usually dinner time. I dont get a lot of time to eat during work hours/days so I eat the most when I am at home.
  • georgiamarsh
    Options
    Dinner, I don't eat much during the day (being busy and all that) so by the time it comes to tea time, I'm starving! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Dinner.

I don't usually have breakfast, except coffee. Small lunch. Large dinner + dessert.
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know it's better to eat the most at breakfast and the least at dinner, but I just cannot help it - I LOVE dinner and that's when I have my most free time, so I notice that I'm hungry more.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Dinner is always my biggest meal. I am uneasy if I don't have at least 800 left for dinnertime lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Usually my evening snacks after dinner and before bed.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Dinner is always my biggest meal. I am uneasy if I don't have at least 800 left for dinnertime lol
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I usually have a pretty light breakfast - 200 - 300 calories. I split the rest, usually pretty evenly between lunch and dinner with a coupe of 150 - 200 calories snacks thrown in there. I'm usually just not hungary in the early morning.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Dinner, most of the time.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Dinner! I'm good all day just so I can have my big dinner plate :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I usually have about half my daily calories for dinner. Then a glass of chocolate milk at bedtime.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I also tend to eat the most at dinner time, and afterwards. I think it's the "after 50" hormones that do it to me, and most of my friends. I feel a little panicky if I'm under 1200 calories at 3pm. I don't believe there's any correlation with weight gain and eating after dinner, as long as you burn enough calories.