At what meal do you consume the MOST calories?

Options

Replies

• AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I attempt for them to be all equal but to be honest dinner is probably my largest meal. Either cuz dinner also is after workout since I usually work out between 4pm and 9pm so there's only dinner left.. or because i'm just at home so i eat more.

Sometimes i try to make my lunch the bigger meal of the day but i'm so used to a large dinner that those days i would usually go over.. Also i spend a couple of hours just trying to unplug from the day after dinner (be a couch potato and watch a movie or study) so at least i'm not going to sleep right after an 800c dinner lol that would give me nightmares im sure.
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Definitely lunch or dinner.

My brother, who is a former athlete and in great shape, was just telling me the other day that I should eat my heaviest meal at breakfast. He said he does that, and that's the best way to go, to help jumpstart your day and fuel your morning workout. But...I'm just not feeling it for a few reasons: lack of time (to really make a reasonably healthy large breakfast), I'm not a huge breakfast person anyway (and whenever I tend to think of it, I think more of sweet foods, and I know it's not good to have too many sweets when you're trying to get in shape), and I'd selfishly just really like to save more of my calories for my other two major preferred meals of the day -- lunch and dinner. And, I must admit..I know this isn't a good habit, but I really enjoy being able to look forward to larger meals later in the day, rather than having the largest be first, and then it's like, what more do ya have to look forward to for later? I know that's probably silly and ignorant, but...honest ;)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    brekkie for sure,,, makes for a good day!!!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Dinner. I work out after work and like to have a nice dinner after. I eat both breakfast and lunch at work while I'm working.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day, then lunch, and dinner is usually my smallest. But I actually usually eat 5-6 small 'meals' throughout the day, so breakfast is usually two meals before 10am.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Dinner and after dinner snacks take 50% or more of my daily calories goal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

My brother, who is a former athlete and in great shape, was just telling me the other day that I should eat my heaviest meal at breakfast. He said he does that, and that's the best way to go, to help jumpstart your day and fuel your morning workout. But...I'm just not feeling it for a few reasons: lack of time (to really make a reasonably healthy large breakfast), I'm not a huge breakfast person anyway (and whenever I tend to think of it, I think more of sweet foods, and I know it's not good to have too many sweets when you're trying to get in shape), and I'd selfishly just really like to save more of my calories for my other two major preferred meals of the day -- lunch and dinner. And, I must admit..I know this isn't a good habit, but I really enjoy being able to look forward to larger meals later in the day, rather than having the largest be first, and then it's like, what more do ya have to look forward to for later? I know that's probably silly and ignorant, but...honest ;)

I do the same. I like looking forward to a big dinner. I like knowing that I can have a big plateful of food and even seconds or dessert if I want without going over on calories. I usually have it 1 - 1.5 hours before going to bed. I workout after work, but even when I used to run in the mornings I still had my biggest meal at night. Then I had plenty of fuel in the morning.
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It usually being dinner. I'd love to eat my other meals in larger amounts but for some reason I'm the most hungry at dinner time. I'm getting better at making sure my dinner meal is not so high its ridiculous but I'm working on it. I figure if I stay below my calories for the day and don't eat after 8, I'm doing good lol.
  • KeiraLani
    KeiraLani Posts: 6
    Options
    Always breakfast. Original flavored oatmeal, 2 tbsp almond butter, 1/2 cup sliced almonds, cinnamon, cocoa, agave nectar and blueberries. Such a pleasure to eat and less than 5 minutes to make.
  • jpmash24
    jpmash24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definately, lunch
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Really, all throughout the day. I get 500 cals from breakfast, around 400-500 at dinner, but I tend to eat around 500 cals in snacks throughout the day as well...
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Not silly or ignorant!! I completely understand!! LOL Fave question in my household of 6 is "what's for dinner?" Never what's for breakfast. Except Sundays when we cook a big breakfast before church. Doesn't stop the dinner question!! :laugh:
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I try to eat all day, but my biggest is definitely dinner. Usually I save up calories so I can have a big dinner and maybe a little dessert.

Does it matter when you consume your calories? Like, does it actually impair/inhibit weight loss if you're consuming the majority at a certain time? I always thought that the "late night eating=weight gain" thing was a myth.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Of course it would have to be ......

BREAKFAST......love it!!!!!!! Yum yum
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Lunch- I get in the habit of running errands at lunch and grabbing a bite to eat with drive thru. I've only recently started counting calories and really scrutinizing menu options if I do this. NO FRIES NO SODA! Lunch is about to become shakes, soup, tuna packets, or yogurt. I'm leaving dinner as my biggest meal simply because I have time to cook. I exercise at night, though. Keeping it clean and simple.
  • cammy_x
    cammy_x Posts: 8
    Options
    It is a toss up between lunch or dinner - I tend to plan my meals out the day before :o)
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I try to eat all day, but my biggest is definitely dinner. Usually I save up calories so I can have a big dinner and maybe a little dessert.

Does it matter when you consume your calories? Like, does it actually impair/inhibit weight loss if you're consuming the majority at a certain time? I always thought that the "late night eating=weight gain" thing was a myth.

It is.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me. I do a bit of carb back-loading, so dinner is usually about 40% of my daily calories. I train fasted in the morning and then have about 30% of my daily calories post-workout, spreading the other 30% between lunch and an afternoon snack.
  • brittanyd83
    brittanyd83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whichever one is not planned in advance!! Usually dinner. Working on changing that.
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Breakfast -- it fuels my day! I eat a lot of whole grains for breakfast and then work in my protein during snack times (I often snack between meals unless I'm not doing any cardio or working out (which I have yet to get back to).