Slightly nerdy girl looking to lose 70lbs.

Options
124»

Replies

• Chezzleh
    Chezzleh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah a lot of my time is consumed from Netflix or my Xbox (atm it's a combo of The 100 and Elder Scrolls Online). I also play a few indie games on my laptop (those it can run). I read books and have also read the odd manga. I've watched quite a bit of anime too... So I guess I am also a nerd xD

Looking to lose about 60lbs... Long journey ahead but I'm so ready for this!

And the more friends the better!
  • constancesimmons
    constancesimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Total nerd and comic geek looking to lose about 50 lbs. LOVE Doctor Who and Sherlock, but I've always had trouble getting into Supernatural. Just too serious. I like my shows a bit more light hearted (I'm a huge Buffy fan, for example). I've never played WoW though I havE gotten into Guild Wars a but lately.

I'm more a comic reader than a video game type nerd. I'm currently just finished rereading House of M and Decimation and am now working on Aries God of War. I'm rereading the build up to Civil War before the movie comes out. I'm kind of dying to get tI Planet Hulk, as its one of my favorites. Though I can never just read one series at a time, so I'm also reading the new Ms Marvel (with Kamala Khan) and Deadpool: Secret Invasion. Lol. I'm really obsessed with Deadpool and building up a pretty good obsession with Kamala Khan too. :)
  • chelstiel
    chelstiel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Geek, want to lose around 30lbs. Star Trek is my everything, have seen Sherlock and Supernatural (at least until season 9), and I totally love Orphan Black and OITNB. Hannibal too, but I haven't gotten to catching up. I play video games as well, but I'd say I'm a pretty casual gamer. Really enjoyed Fallout 3, and also enjoying playing Smite right now (which you should all try if you're into MOBAs). :smile: I'm also in love with Rooster Teeth, Achievement Hunter, and FunHaus (formerly Inside Gaming) on YouTube.

Nice meeting you all! :)
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello All

Geek here into most geek TV Dr who, supernatural, agents of shield, Turtles and Ghostbusters for example.. Do read comics as well currently reading an old series IZombie (what the TV series was loosely based on)..

Always happy to accept friends requests from fellow Geeks..

Russell
  • goodideabear
    goodideabear Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    chelstiel wrote: »
    Geek, want to lose around 30lbs. Star Trek is my everything, have seen Sherlock and Supernatural (at least until season 9), and I totally love Orphan Black and OITNB. Hannibal too, but I haven't gotten to catching up. I play video games as well, but I'd say I'm a pretty casual gamer. Really enjoyed Fallout 3, and also enjoying playing Smite right now (which you should all try if you're into MOBAs). :smile: I'm also in love with Rooster Teeth, Achievement Hunter, and FunHaus (formerly Inside Gaming) on YouTube.

Nice meeting you all! :)

I've never got to watch orphan black, any good? I just finished up the new show Sense8 on netflix, and if takes a few episodes to pick up since there are so many characters, but after that... Pretty good :)

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My family calls me Cliff Claven, if that says anything about being a nerd. :D
  • ternacious
    ternacious Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    +1 science nerd/lab rat here! I'm also a casual gamer (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout), and am a huge fan of Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. Fave tv shows include Sherlock, Orphan Black, OITNB, The Knick (anyone else watch this?), Peaky Blinders... I really enjoy period dramas haha. Feel free to add me :)
  • brenda138
    brenda138 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I didn't realize there were many of us geeks on here! I'm not so good at keeping up with this but seeing this awesome community it's giving me the motivation I need!
  • willrunformedals
    willrunformedals Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm soon to be 31 years old, and I decided to want a change in my life. I'm at 254 today, and I'm hoping to lose 70lbs. Sigh... Seems like such a feat.

So if anyone needs a motivational friend, lol, or someone to talk art and harry potter with, add me!

Best of luck!

30 here and also nerdy :) Gamer, and fan of many fandoms (Harry Potter, Dr Who, Hunger Games, Star Wars etc etc)

35-40 pounds to lose

Feel free to add :)
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm soon to be 31 years old, and I decided to want a change in my life. I'm at 254 today, and I'm hoping to lose 70lbs. Sigh... Seems like such a feat.

So if anyone needs a motivational friend, lol, or someone to talk art and harry potter with, add me!

Best of luck!

I'm 31 and started at 253 in January and I have lost 66 lbs sofar! (At 188 now!)
    We have the same starting weight :) I'll add you :)
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fellow H⚡️P nerd here!! Serenity/firefly, lotr, walking dead, urban fantasy reading. I'm 41, I log daily, and would love to cheer and be cheered on by some other geeks.
  • SierraLizz
    SierraLizz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a huge Tolkien and Moba fanatic :3 I used to be really big into son, doctor who and sherlock
  • mizartemis
    mizartemis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    32, gamer girl, more nerd than geek (is it the glasses?). Replaying Skyrim for the nth time while my gf tires to get through her first playthrough of DA:I but keeps sidetracking into FC4 and AssCreed. Big into Marvel, too many hours on Tumblr... We're doing the keto thing, still fine-tuning but looking forward to being in better shape!
  • saavedra26
    saavedra26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    43, I Love Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter and all other Nerd Flicks lol. On my way to losing 100 pounds, have dropped 21 so far. I work on the road most of the year and don't have many friends in the new places I move to every few months so looking to gain some good friends with similar interest on MFP. Feel free to friend me for motivation, support, or just some nerdy talk. :-)