2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mgonyer123 wrote: »
    Because chipotle is amazing?

So how does one save up calories throughout the week? Does that really work?

What do you mean "by does that really work?"
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    One meal wont hurt your weight loss that much..you will maybe lose a couple ounces less

Eating surplus regular so eating those meals regular will make you gain.

That's all, moderation is the key
    So eat it enjoy it and next day back on track

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    I used to go every Friday. But since changing my lifestyle I haven't went. I don't want to eat it every week again but I've been thinking about figuring out a way to enjoy it once a month or so.

When I want something extra in my diet, I exercise for it.

1000 calories is roughly a 2.5 hour bicycle ride.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    One word - EXERCISE.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat Chipotle at least a couple of times a month. It's pretty much 1000 calories when I go. I get the burrito bowl and skip the tortilla. I also skip the rice. I do Chicken, pinto beans, sour cream, cheese, lettuce and cilantro. I've had the manager actually weigh every thing out for me once so I could get an idea just how much those spoons are holding when they scoop it. Now each time i return I just have them put the cheese and sour cream into cups so I can add those items myself. I typically have 350 calorie breakfast. I have Chipotle for a late lunch about 1:30 or 2:00pm. It's 1000 calories so you won't be hungry for dinner anytime soon. Have a 100 calorie snack around 7pm. Workout that night and burn 200 calories. There you go. You've stayed within your budget. Remember this is not a diet you are doing. You are training yourself how you are going to eat for the rest of your life. There are 1000 calorie meals everywhere we go. We need to figure out ways to eat them in a sensible fashion. We can't have that 1000 calorie lunch and then have another 800 at dinner four hours later. Are we really hungry after that huge burrito or are we just eating because it's dinner time? Find a way to eat your burrito. I've lost 37 pounds easily since April and Chipotle is apart of my diet.
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    You know... I think I'm gonna have Chipotle tomorrow. :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    And why would you say it's not healthy?

Fresh Grilled Chicken- protein
    Pinto Bean - protein
    Cheese - protein- fat
    Romain lettuce- vegetables
    Onions, tomatoes, cilantro, bell peppers- vegetables
    Sour cream - fat

They use all fresh ingredients....chopped in house. Fast food can't get any healthier.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If this is an occasional thing just eat at maintenance for a day.

Otherwise learn to cook healthier versions of the food you are craving at home. I'm sure you could easily make an awesome burrito with less calories.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Because chipotle is amazing?

So how does one save up calories throughout the week? Does that really work?

You trim just a little bit every day. In your case I wouldn't go below 1200-but you could cut 90 cals a day for 6 days which would be 540 extra calories. Then maybe amp up the exercise during the week to earn some more. Your calories are low so it's a little tough.

You could eat at maintenance that day. You're talking once a month. Cut some calories during the week, add in some exercise and allow yourself a couple of hundred extra calories and you're good to go......And looking at a deficit from a weekly view (rather than daily) definitely works. Lots of us do it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If I can make it fit my calories...I eat it. Sometimes if I can't...I eat it, anyway.