thoughts?

Options
Can you ever get down to the size you were when you were about 19/20?! Obviously hard work but is it doable?!

Replies

• SuseAndo26
    SuseAndo26 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

But, yes definitely! Sux to say it but it's all up to you. :confounded:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Age has no bearing on it, your metabolism only slows a little due to moving less and losing muscle tone.

So yes, have that as your goal and you can get there :)
  • lia_1992
    lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 now!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I weighed 160kg at the age of 19/20.........
    I'm now half that :P
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely can be done i weigh about 2kg less now than i did then (I'm 33) and aiming at the moment for the weight i was when i was 14 (9kg to go and i know i can get there) as a mini goal with the plan of aiming for another 6kg less after that to get to a normal weight for my height.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I weighed 160kg at the age of 19/20.........
    I'm now half that :P

Awesome! :smile:
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm about 50-60lbs lighter than I was at that age. I'm 26 now.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I am slimmer now than I was at 19-20, and I'm almost 37. Sooo...yeah, I guess you can.
  • lia_1992
    Options
    Thanks guys! Used to be size 8-10 now I'm 10-12 so would like to slim back down!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    That isn't too far. I was on the upper end of 12 just a few months ago, and now I'm down towards 8. Just remember, keep up the good work! You can totally do it!
  • lia_1992
    Options
    Oh wow @PixelPuff sounds like you've done amazingly well! How have you done that? :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    lia_1992 wrote: »
    Can you ever get down to the size you were when you were about 19/20?! Obviously hard work but is it doable?!

Yes, why not?

I was at the low end of my "normal" BMI range when I was 19/20. I dropped to that again about 12 years later, and stayed there for several years. I'd like to get close to that again, and I'm not far off.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It depends, if you had a healthy weight or higher, yes. If you were underweight, no - or you shouldn't aim for it.

I guess I have the same weight as when I was 13 - 15. I know I weigh 4-5 pounds less than I did at age 16-19. After that, I stopped weighing.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You're only 24! The very small dip in metabolism and loss of LBM with happens with age and menopause is really not a concern for you at this point, and even that doesn't stop you losing weight, so it's totally doable.
    I'm a year older and both lighter and fitter than I was at 19.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am at my healthy 19 year old weight (157) and I am a 46 year old mom of four who weighed 225 as recently as three years ago.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    lia_1992 wrote: »
    Oh wow @PixelPuff sounds like you've done amazingly well! How have you done that? :)

Diet & light exercise! I eat at a high deficit [1200, the minimum recommended] MOST of the time... I'm at a point where I take breaks on weekends. For instance, I about pigged out at a BBQ festival on Friday night. I woke up at my lowest weight for a while, which confused me, but whoo. Exercise is arm exercises with weights, and cardio! I'm trying to be a cardio bunny.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm 39 years old and the same weight I was when I was 15. So it's definitely possible.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    I weighed about 56kg when I was 19/20. I'm currently 57kg for the first time since then. Though I didn't plan to go so low. I thought I'd found my maintenance calories but just had a surprise whoosh.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    If you really put the time in, it's possible. I'm 29 and in the same size/body comp I was at 18 after gaining college weight and being a lazy bum for a while.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is doable.