Opinions on this...

Options
Hi everyone I read the link below cus I was looking for a bit if support for my non weightless for 2 weeks now I've not lost weight since I started body combat 4 times a week. Charlene explains that after 2 weeks I should start to see water going and more results however I don't. Dies this mean it's time to look at diet of shall I plug it out through my 3rd week ? Wat do you think. Is thus true take a look
https://m.facebook.com/notes/get-lean-eat-clean-train-mean/why-you-gain-weight-when-starting-a-new-exercise-program/274060889352300

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way I weigh measure everything and I have begun to only log half my exercise calories burnt from combat
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating in a deficit?
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    For about 5 weeks . my weight loss stopped when I introduced body combat 4 times a week 2 weeks ago
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    For about 5 weeks . my weight loss stopped when I introduced body combat 4 times a week 2 weeks ago

Is it close to your TOM? That could also be a factor with water weight.

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I'd say make it through your 3rd week, if the weight doesn't change, go see your doctor. I really have no idea on this.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is accomplished by eating fewer calories. Exercise is for fitness. If you want to lose weight, you need to monitor your calories and eat in a deficit of 500 calories per day under your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) per pound per week you want to lose.
    If you aren't losing weight, you are eating above your calorie deficit, it's that simple. Don't overestimate calorie burns. MFP and exercise machines are notorious for this. Buy a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to be as accurate as possible with calorie estimates for exercise. When you are logging foods on MFP, you might want to start from scratch and enter the foods yourself, from nutrition panels on the foods. Entries found in MFP are notorious for being inaccurate as well, since they are entered in by members and many are not verified by MFP as accurate.

Also read the first post is this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

I'd say make it through your 3rd week, if the weight doesn't change, go see your doctor. I really have no idea on this.

See your Dr. we don't know your medical history and it could be anything. Also, I don't buy into the weight gain before and after TOM. I am currently suffering PMS symptoms and lost 3.6 pounds this week. Do you use a HRM watch of any kind to track your calorie burns?
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Yep I have a HRM monitor that tracks heart rate through statistics. I enter only half calories burnt into my diary and eat them back I try to keep protein up but it's hard
  • leahcollett1
    Options

Is it close to your TOM? That could also be a factor with water weight.

No hun not time of the month I take the pill so my monthlies are irregular
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess your calories burned from exercise might by off? Get through week 3 and if there's still no change maybe try dropping 100 cals a day and see how that goes. I also noticed your macros aren't always consistent. Are you on a carb cycling diet? If not, maybe try to hit your macros more consistently also.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much. Might do better by calculating your TDEE and not eating any exercise calories. Less to worry about and log, just stay consistent with your workouts and food intake
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Again, if you aren't losing weight, you don't need to run off to the doctor. You are eating too many calories. CICO is very simple.
  • leahcollett1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You're eating too much. Might do better by calculating your TDEE and not eating any exercise calories. Less to worry about and log, just stay consistent with your workouts and food intake

How do I work out the tdee if I did this do I not log calories burnt then
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pill and it makes me regular as clockwork but I do retain water the week of my period. The poster who calls BS on it because it's not the case for them is just ignorant to science.

I didn't lose for 5 or 6 weeks when I started working out because again, I am prone to water retention, it just took longer for my body to let it go which is pretty normal, especially as I'm not always brilliant with my water intake which just aggravates the situation.

So don't panic yet, tighten up your logging and give it a bit longer than two weeks.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

How do I work out the tdee if I did this do I not log calories burnt then

Use he Katch-Mcardle equation to find your BMR. Then mutiply that by 1.35 to get your approximate TDEE. Eat that every day. Don't eat back exercise calories, it's included. Check your progress over a couple weeks. Adjust as necessary.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I'm on the pill and it makes me regular as clockwork but I do retain water the week of my period. The poster who calls BS on it because it's not the case for them is just ignorant to science.

I didn't lose for 5 or 6 weeks when I started working out because again, I am prone to water retention, it just took longer for my body to let it go which is pretty normal, especially as I'm not always brilliant with my water intake which just aggravates the situation.

So don't panic yet, tighten up your logging and give it a bit longer than two weeks.

OK thank you sometimes I just feel like giving up prior to body combat I lost 2.5lbs for 2 weeks running!! Doing walking a little that was it. It's not fair
  • mccindy72
    Options

OK thank you sometimes I just feel like giving up prior to body combat I lost 2.5lbs for 2 weeks running!! Doing walking a little that was it. It's not fair[/quote]

Get over this mindset. There's no 'fair' about this process. it's all on you. If you are not losing weight, it's something you are doing, or something your body is doing. Sometimes your body does hold onto water if you are working out hard enough to do damage to muscles and repair is necessary.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

OK thank you sometimes I just feel like giving up prior to body combat I lost 2.5lbs for 2 weeks running!! Doing walking a little that was it. It's not fair[/quote]

Get over this mindset. There's no 'fair' about this process. it's all on you. If you are not losing weight, it's something you are doing, or something your body is doing. Sometimes your body does hold onto water if you are working out hard enough to do damage to muscles and repair is necessary.

What's the general consensus on time for muscle repair if I keep up the 4 times a week body combat
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Also to add, 2.5lbs is a pretty unsustainable weekly loss so you're going to have to let go of thinking that's going to be a regular thing. You need 500 calorie deficit each day to lose just 1lb of fat, some weeks will be more some less just due to your body having natural fluctuations and water as already stated. Being realistic will keep you more motivated.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Which is when you started eating back exercise calories, right?

And using an HRM for this kind of activity is a huge no-no. Divide whatever number you're getting out of that by 3.