Gain muscle, loose fat - do the impossible

Options
bekefitibor
bekefitibor Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I know it is a slow process, but I don't mind. I am almost forty if I manage my bf% down to 15% with the same weight in two years that would be ok for me.

From that point I'll gain only some muscle if I can.

What I do is
- eating window 10 to 18
- carb 15% (one banana, in vegetables and one cheat day on weekend)
- protein 25% (whey protein isolate and bacon, cheese, scrambled egg, meat.. 1.2gr/lbs I am about 176lbs so around 228gr)
- Fat 60% (custard in the protein shake, bacon, cheese, avocado, fatty meat)
- vegetable (cucumber, potato, pepper, broccoli)
- Weight training three times a week (bench press, pull ups...)
- drink only water
- 2,330 cal/day (80kg 172cm 39y M)

Any help appreciated but more interested in new friends and similar thinking people.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You're eating way too much fat for a recomp. You need more carbs to increase your workout intensity. Dietary fat isn't going to do anything for you if consumed above the CDC's recommended healthy value of 20%

Your protein is overkill as well. Try 0.8g/pound and put the extra in carbs as well. If you're training properly you need the carbs.

Also, if you're not new to lifting, then I would recommend you cut your body fat to around 10-12% first, then go into a slight surplus. Your body can synthesize protein much more efficiently at a lower body fat percentage because you'll be more insulin sensitive. If you've been lifting properly for more than 6 months, then you probably won't be able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Agree with galgenstrick. You need to seriously up your carbs and lower your fats way down to build muscle (and to see definition). You need lots of carbs to build muscle and it'll give you a lot more energy to lift heavy. Your protein could be lowered to 1gr/lb of body weight too. 228 gr of protein seems like a lot.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You can weight train on low-ish carbs and still make gains. Honestly, it's your body and if those macros make you feel your best then go for it. For lower carbs and high fats I think your protein is fine since you'll need the proteins for working out.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Any help appreciated but more interested in new friends and similar thinking people.

Head over to the Lower Carber Daily forum for like minded people. There are some very fit LCHF and ketogenic dieters over there that have been very helpful to me so far. (I've been in ketosis for a few weeks and enjoying it so far.)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • bekefitibor
    Options
    You all right! But there is more way to climb up to the hill. I used to be powerlifter on about 3-4% bf.. I was bulletproof in that time like any youngsters in that age. It's gone. I made my research about how to feed the human body to get optimal performance, healthy, recovery, fat loss, muscle gain and all these together a cancer research. I'll write more...
  • bekefitibor
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last time I was under 50gr/day so this 70 make me calm and strong enough to do this easily. Also not too much to gain fat if I am lazy several days. Protein is a bit high just make sure don't lose muscle and have enough for the body to convert it to ch if needed. Fat... I find if the diet is fat based, we have to forgot about ch based calorie calculation. I have been in trouble because of this. I find need more calories in this case depends on how much the fat intake.. 1.2-1.5 time more calory need if the energy source based on 70-90% fat.