Cardio Bunny?

Options
vivmom2014
vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
What the what is it? I know it's derogatory. Does it require machines?

I do walking DVDs with added jogging, resistance bands, all kinds of arms in the air (sometimes with hand weights), knee lifts, jumping, moving side to side and front to back and stretching.

Is this the dreaded cardio bunny definition?

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    throw some prancersizing in and I think you've got it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Cardio bunny is the opposite of a gym rat/meat head.

It means all they do is ONE THING. - (or rather it implies all they do is one thing) cardio bunnies don't lift- they only come in do cardio and leave. Or they pretend to lift weights by doing 50 reps of something (which is pretty much cardio also).

While I wouldn't call someone who does at home walking DVD's- I could see it totally falling into that category.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    Hahahahaha :D
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    It's not really derogatory. It's just a term for women who spend all their time at the gym on bikes/ellipticals/treadmills. Not necessarily a bad thing...
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It is sometimes looked down upon because it doesn't give the results the "bunny", person looking to lose weight usually, is looking for. The stereotype is normally accompanied by 1200 cals/day diet and is only good for allowing the body to burn muscle leaving the "bunny" at goal weight, but with a physique they aren't happy with.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    What the what is it? I know it's derogatory. Does it require machines?

I do walking DVDs with added jogging, resistance bands, all kinds of arms in the air (sometimes with hand weights), knee lifts, jumping, moving side to side and front to back and stretching.

Is this the dreaded cardio bunny definition?

I think cardio bunny in terms of "I only do cardio, all cardio, all the time"

You are doing low impact aerobics...great for heart and lungs. Add some resistance training....above and beyond the resistance bands used while walking, and the few squats here and there, and you will have an all around program.

Most of Leslie Sansone's weighted workouts - the light dumbbells (while walking) are to increase heart rate...not really strength training. Try her Short-Cuts workouts (from 7 Day Calorie Blast) or the Walk It Off in 30 Days dvd....these have dedicated strength training routines.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    @TeaBea
    Most of Leslie Sansone's weighted workouts - the light dumbbells (while walking) are to increase heart rate...not really strength training. Try her Short-Cuts workouts (from 7 Day Calorie Blast) or the Walk It Off in 30 Days dvd....these have dedicated strength training routines.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm switching to more of her strength training DVDs, also doing dumbbell reps and squats, lunges, push ups, etc.

I'm still a sucker for cardio to earn calories back. :s