10 Reasons Why Heavy Lifting is Terrible for Women.

Options
123457»

Replies

• Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    8. Your bones will maintain a thick density throughout your life. Do you really want to rob a surgeon of your money for osteoporosis treatment?

I thought there was no such thing as being big boned....

I comfoozed now.

It doesn't make your bones bigger, just stronger x
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I can attest to the butt thing. ANd i'm half asian! I love me some barbell squats! But you know what,, it's awesome. Stuff fits me in the waist..not so well in the derriere area anymore. And i love it! ;) Yup it's terrible all right. Awesome thread!

YESSSS. There *is* hope that I will one day fill out my saggy butt jeans with my half-asian flat butt!!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    8. Your bones will maintain a thick density throughout your life. Do you really want to rob a surgeon of your money for osteoporosis treatment?

I thought there was no such thing as being big boned....

I comfoozed now.

It doesn't make your bones bigger, just stronger x

They can actually become denser (heavier but the same size). More importantly it prevents them from becoming less dense with age which is what happens to a lot of women.
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    thank you for this. this is what these forums need....
    too many people spend wayy too much time asking stupid questions and eating baby calories.
    this is fresh, this is new....wish more and more women would join in on the movement! bring it on ladies!! :D

Eating BABY calories?!?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hear babies are high in fat, but very tender.
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am stronger than both of my kids. One is 37 and the other is 33. I have been lifting since the hub was in the electric wheel chair. Lifted him a lot of times. So, when he died, I continued to lose weight. If a man wants a petite lil thing, he's barking up the wrong forrest. I am strong, kind and I have a lil Irish temper when belittled. I am 56 so fighting is my bag, but the gal at Schnucks a few years ago ran off with my cart full of paid for soft drinks and booze for a party. I chased her down and SHE was scared. She was a big rough looking gal more than myself and I told her 'give it back or I kick your *kitten*". She gave it back and I did not call the cops because I was proud that I did not resort to fighting. Your post rocks.