Could low-rise jeans have changed my body shape?

Options
So remember when those low-rise jeans/shorts were the thing to wear? Could they have permanently changed my body shape? Or is something else going on?
Basically, when I look in the mirror; I see my thigh, flatness where the low-rise used to be, then my hip. Does that make sense? My thigh doesn't gradually meet the lower section of my torso, it's somewhat flat & it's SO IRRITATING.
How can I fix this? I feel like those low-rise are to blame. Will it be like this forever, or do I have to workout forever to fix it?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    simply put...no

I wear/wore them...my bodyshape is the same as it always was.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you thought what the jeans did to your hips was bad, wait till you see the affect your screen name has on your personality
  • jeebieheebies
    jeebieheebies Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's called hip dips! Google image it. It's completely normal and natural, not caused by your jeans, and nothing to be irritated about :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It's called hip dips! Google image it. It's completely normal and natural, not caused by your jeans, and nothing to be irritated about :)

That is with low body fat % right?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I can't even picture this but unless you bound yourself in a pair of those suckers super tight for an extended period of time, I can't imagine they changed your body shape.

Odds are your body has changed shape as you have matured. It will likely change a bit more as you go through your early 20s.
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    If you thought about the jeans did to your hips was bad, wait till you see the affect your screen name has on your personality
    when-youre-laughing-hard-and-try-to-stop-but-then-look-at-the-person-and-laugh-again.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

No, you can have it at higher levels of BF%.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no.

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    :neutral:
  • Suzmp88
    Suzmp88 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know what you're talking about because I have this. I also thought it was caused by my underwear (which for the longest time was like an inch of elastic sitting in between the top of my thigh and my hip bone every day all day. When I changed underwear to not be so restrictive in that inch width that dip became slightly less prominent, but like others said it seems to be natural for the most part.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you thought what the jeans did to your hips was bad, wait till you see the affect your screen name has on your personality

adam-levine.gif
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I feel like those low-rise are to blame.

Only if you were eating placenta at the time.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

No, you can have it at higher levels of BF%.

Yup, I'm fat (192# at 5'6") and definitely have a hip dip.
  • Analsphincter
    Analsphincter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    jemhh wrote: »
    I can't even picture this but unless you bound yourself in a pair of those suckers super tight for an extended period of time, I can't imagine they changed your body shape.

Odds are your body has changed shape as you have matured. It will likely change a bit more as you go through your early 20s.
    Okay, thanks

Suzmp88 wrote: »
    I know what you're talking about because I have this. I also thought it was caused by my underwear (which for the longest time was like an inch of elastic sitting in between the top of my thigh and my hip bone every day all day. When I changed underwear to not be so restrictive in that inch width that dip became slightly less prominent, but like others said it seems to be natural for the most part.
    Yeah, it's also annoying to me how high rise jeans are becoming popular, but underwear is still low... I've found some underwear at Victoria's Secret that are transitioning, finally. I think it's "natural" bc of how often, & "normal" those jeans were at the time.

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    jemhh wrote: »

Okay, thanks

Suzmp88 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's also annoying to me how high rise jeans are becoming popular, but underwear is still low... I've found some underwear at Victoria's Secret that are transitioning, finally. I think it's "natural" bc of how often, & "normal" those jeans were at the time.

no, its not jeans or underwear. Its just how your body is built. I wear huge ol' granny panties and I have never been able to wear low rise and I still have all kinds of mad hip dip going on. In fact the heavier I am the more prominent it becomes.
  • Analsphincter
    Analsphincter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »

Of course, it's very nutritious.

Wow like using a muscle every day for regular bowel movements has any effect on my personality. It might make me happier than an irritated, ignorant man trying to poorly insult me over a muscle. BRAVO
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Wow like using a muscle every day for regular bowel movements has any effect on my personality. It might make me happier than an irritated, ignorant man trying to poorly insult me over a muscle. BRAVO

Wow. Seems he called it. :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Haahaaahaa wow. You basically choose "azzhole" as your user name then get upset when someone points it out? :D LOL