Does anyone ever meet their Calorie Intake goals???

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'd have to add cookies, frosting or pie or something.

I could demolish 1800 if I wanted to without including anything sweet. I used to do it all the time.

Fat's the key, though.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I could demolish 1800 if I wanted to without including anything sweet. I used to do it all the time.

Fat's the key, though.
    Like I said, if your diet is unlimited, it wouldn't be hard. :)
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    OH how I wish I had this problem.
    op, are you sure you are logging all food and drink correctly.
    if so... lucky you ... you get to have that snack in the evening. :)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    My point was it doesn't require sweets--unless you were saying for you it would. I just assumed you would consider the sweets part of your limitations.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    My point was it doesn't require sweets--unless you were saying for you it would. I just assumed you would consider the sweets part of your limitations.
    Yes, I meant me. Of course I meant me, lol.

If you can eat anything, it wouldn't be hard. If I could eat anything, I could probably hit 1800 in one meal. Maybe two. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How's your logging? Are you using a food scale? Accurate entries? Using the recipe builder? Pretty easy to get to 1800 without sweets with accurate logging. If you need a boost there's nuts, nut butters, whole fat dairy, avocado, ditch any "diet" foods and eat the full calorie/full fat versions, etc...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    tazlikeme wrote: »
    hi everyone.. New to posting stuff, old to trying to lose weight. How does anybody meet their calorie intake? MFP is saying 1800 a day!!! WHAT! I would hav to eat a whole chicken to meet that eveyday. Also exercise counts against me because that's just more calories I hav to make up. If I get that message one more time about not meeting my intake....Ugh!! Anyone hav any tips??

you didnt get fat by not eating 1800 calories a day LOLOL

shoot, i can do that without blinking an eye
  • lemurcat12
    Options

If you can eat anything, it wouldn't be hard. If I could eat anything, I could probably hit 1800 in one meal. Maybe two. :)

Yeah, I was just confused and misread since I thought you didn't eat sweets either. Never mind.

But I could hit 1800 on any number of limited diets. ;-)

Anyway, we have no knowledge at this point that OP is on a limited (other than calories) diet, of course.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Fat's the key, though.

I'm cutting on 1880 right now and the only sweet I get is a 40 calorie bomb pop a night. I'm dying.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I could eat 1800 calories in.my sleep!

My guess op isn't counting her calories correctly.
    Or else it was one of those humble brag posts that pop up from time to time...
  • Kalikel
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yeah, I was just confused and misread since I thought you didn't eat sweets either. Never mind.

But I could hit 1800 on any number of limited diets. ;-)

Anyway, we have no knowledge at this point that OP is on a limited (other than calories) diet, of course.

I don't eat sweets like cake, pie, donuts, etc. Fruit is very sweet and I eat tons of that, but I think you meant the more empty-calorie variety. I could've picked something else, I suppose, but if I'm jumping into the world of foods I don't eat, I want Keispy Kreme donuts, Dunkin Donuts Muffins or Oreos or something. Maybe a funnel cake. With loads of powdered sugar. Yes, that would do it!

That was fun. :)

No, we don't know what the OP eats. Maybe the OP will come back and tell us. We shall see!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    Given that my net calorie limit is 1250 ... yes. It's not hard to hit 1250. It's actually rather challenging to stay under 1250.

Pre-MFP, my weekday diet ran about 2100 ... it wasn't difficult at all hitting 2100. A handful of cashews (400 cal) got me well on my way.
  • tazlikeme
    tazlikeme Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments...

To some of ur questions/comments:
    - yes, I am counting them correctly. I log everything I eat. I do not hav a scale to weigh my food.
    - Yes obviously for me to gain 60 lbs I did eat over 3000 calories, foods rich is fat, grease, fried, lots of butter, and alcohol, as I'm a sweet wine drinker. My point is to try to eat a lot of foods but healthier. If ur eating fast food for lunch and dinner u can easily blow 3000 calories.. If I'm eating chicken and salmon baked.. It's hard. Plus my workout routine blows 700 of those calories.
    - While it's great u guys are pointing out what I'm doing wrong, more suggestions over things I can do as far healthier food options would be better. I appreciate the ideas of more grains and nuts,
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I can barely stay under 1700- what do you mean you can't hit 1800? I don't even understand how that's possible.

I won't sit here and say 1800 isn't that much- its' about my maintance- but it barely feels like enough. I struggle to keep it around 1600-1700. Shouldn't be that difficult to hit minimum at that rate.

drink a glass of milk- have a snickers- 250 calories easily added.
  • JoRocka
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments...

To some of ur questions/comments:
    - yes, I am counting them correctly. I log everything I eat. I do not hav a scale to weigh my food.
    - Yes obviously for me to gain 60 lbs I did eat over 3000 calories, foods rich is fat, grease, fried, lots of butter, and alcohol, as I'm a sweet wine drinker. My point is to try to eat a lot of foods but healthier. If ur eating fast food for lunch and dinner u can easily blow 3000 calories.. If I'm eating chicken and salmon baked.. It's hard. Plus my workout routine blows 700 of those calories.
    - While it's great u guys are pointing out what I'm doing wrong, more suggestions over things I can do as far healthier food options would be better. I appreciate the ideas of more grains and nuts,

what are you doing that's supposedly 700 calorie burns?

Most people incorrectly and inaccurately log their foods (you're not using a food scale- so you're glorified guessing at this point) and chronically UNDER value the amount they eat and over value their calorie burns.

Odds are you are eating more than you think- and burning less than you're assuming.
  • tazlikeme
    Options
    Average day:

Breakfast: green drink, mixed real fruit cup(berries, Mellon, grapes, watermelon)
    I can't really eat anything heavy until after 9. Not a morning person.
    Snack: egg whites, turkey sausage, avocado
    Lunch: grilled salmon, grilled brussel sprouts, grilled asparagus
    Snack: almonds, pistachios, grapes
    Preworkout : banana or Apple
    Workout: 90 min boxing burns 700 calories
    Dinner: chicken and small salad..or protein shake
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Average day:

Breakfast: green drink, mixed real fruit cup(berries, Mellon, grapes, watermelon)
    I can't really eat anything heavy until after 9. Not a morning person.
    Snack: egg whites, turkey sausage, avocado
    Lunch: grilled salmon, grilled brussel sprouts, grilled asparagus
    Snack: almonds, pistachios, grapes
    Preworkout : banana or Apple
    Workout: 90 min boxing burns 700 calories
    Dinner: chicken and small salad..or protein shake

Ahhhh I see you're problem.

no ice cream.
    Also- stop using egg whites and use the whole egg- that's a really easy fix.
  • tazlikeme
    Options
    Well unless the Fitbit lies.. That's what my exercise says I burn. It's boxing, cardio, abs, legs exercises and arms.. It's 90 min.
  • tazlikeme
    Options
    Also I hav an issue with milk products and regular eggs. Does not agree with the stomach.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is always the answer.

But in all seriousness, you must have eaten more than 1800 calories when you were gaining weight. Double check your accuracy (meaning make sure you're not underestimating your intake, a lot of people do when they first start). Then start either increasing the portion sizes of what you are already eating, or add in some of the foods that you cut out because "you're dieting".

Eat to live, don't diet.