What did you want to be when you were a kid?

Options

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Apparently I wanted to be an orange tree. I accidentally swallowed a seed and thought I'd grow into an orange tree.

Wanted to be a vet, but... I have other gifts I wasn't made aware of until as of late.
  • sarahbrownprice
    sarahbrownprice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was in kindergarten my teacher asked us all these questions like what we want to be, and live and everything like that for parents night. My mom still has the paper where it says my dream career was to work at a Dariy Queen. Long story short, everyone thought it was hilarious when they didn't hire me when I was 17. They are some real dream crushers.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    When I was in kindergarten my teacher asked us all these questions like what we want to be, and live and everything like that for parents night. My mom still has the paper where it says my dream career was to work at a Dariy Queen. Long story short, everyone thought it was hilarious when they didn't hire me when I was 17. They are some real dream crushers.

I would've included a copy of the paper with your job application, that dedication to a childhood dream might've worked; to get you the job!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to work in a cube with no view of the outside world, have a stapler on my desk, and go to meetings that I try not to fall asleep in. I'm living my dream.

Hilarious! Me, too!
    Actually, up until I was 12, I wanted to be an astronaut; now, I would still be an astronaut but only if my girlfriend can come, too...
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I told everybody that I wanted to be a teacher, but secretly I wanted to be a SAHM. Somehow I had this idea that nobody did that except rich people and moms on old TV shows, and that I *had* to have some kind of career. When I found out that I actually *could* stay home with my kids, I was so excited, and everybody else was so sad that I "gave up on my dreams." Ha!
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A veterinarian. Until my mom told me that it's not all cuddling cats and dogs and that sometimes they would die. Fast forward 25-30 years and I'm a bank employee but I do volunteer at a wildlife rescue!
  • SheLikesToLift
    SheLikesToLift Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A veterinarian, a zoo keeper, a photographer for National Geographic, a marine biologist, an astronaut, and a nurse.

Became a nurse and hated it. Now I am a massage therapist and love it.
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    An adult, now I want to be a kid again
    Haha that is so true.. We rush to grow up but oooo how nice it would be to have no responsibilities!!!!

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    In order of age:

13 - Architect NOPE
    18 - Attorney NOPE
    20 - Kindergarten Teacher NOPE
    23 - Stay at Home Mom - Yes, for 23 glorious years :)

And now, at age 49: I work in Talent Acquisition for the nation's 2nd leading provider of retirement services.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a hockey players wife...and I still do.

Ewww they're always missing teeth and are stinky

I wanted to be a princess and if not that married rich and entertain
  • xiantan
    xiantan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    An astronaut!
  • barbm04
    barbm04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You all had ideas of being in great professions! Me? I wanted to be a taxi driver! Omg! Lol!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A boy. Seriously. They got all the fun toys, and no one teased them for being flat chested. Lol. I was a tomboy and hated pink; still hate pink. Def no longer flat chested though. :)
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The next Charles Shultz...or at least his protege, a forest ranger who lives in one of those remote fire towers, Alaskan remote services pilot.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    A parent-- a better one than the ones I had

^^^
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    An adult, now I want to be a kid again

This, without a doubt.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Cashier at ShopRite. I thought you got to keep whatever was in your register.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Prettier!