Exercising 30-60 min a day and eating 1200-1400 calories a day is this helping or hurting me?

Options
2»

Replies

• never2late2loseweight
    never2late2loseweight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    So what is the point in exercise then? If I eat my 1200 calories why bother exercising? I don't exercise to eat more I exercise to lose weight. Right?
    Heck no, we exercise to eat more woman! The winner gets to eat the most and still lose.....oh, plus health and strength.
    REMEMBER, the 1200, already has a deficit built in.

Ok, so then I need to make sure my net calories is 1200 then?

Yes, that is the base, then you earn more. You will lose regardless, but with eating a portion of those exercise calories you will be doing it in a sustainable way.
    Thanks momma! I dont wanna do it the wrong way.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    So what is the point in exercise then? If I eat my 1200 calories why bother exercising? I don't exercise to eat more I exercise to lose weight. Right?

It's good for you. That's why some of us do the things we do. :)

• SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    "Oh net calories should be 1200!" she says as she hits herself upside the head. You all have been most helpful. No wonder I am always hungry!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Ive looked it up online but keep getting mixed answers. I am wondering if it is going to hurt my weight loss? I dont see a point in eating back my exercise calories? Any feedback would be great!

Probably hurting you. But without further info everyone is just guessing.

my net calories usually are between 800 sometimes lower sometimes higher, I want to lose weight. I am doing mostly walking with some jogging for cardio and then for strength, I am mostly using body weight and doing things like squats etc

If your net calories are 800-ish, you will be dropping weight like crazy.

Are you?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Heck no, we exercise to eat more woman! The winner gets to eat the most and still lose.....oh, plus health and strength.
    REMEMBER, the 1200, already has a deficit built in.

Perhaps I've been doing this all wrong....you mean I can eat more and still lose weight? Maybe I need to read more....to educate myself. I am still new to this whole eating healthy and losing weight thing.

Yes indeedy!

One of the main reasons I exercise is so I can eat more. Why suffer on a low calorie diet when you don't have to :huh: