How common is it at the beginning...

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    @jujujajujuja - would you please put a number on "lots of fruit and water" so I know your lots and my lots are the same thing? Also, when I was in Costa Rica with amazing bananas, I found consuming lots of them rather constipating. Fresh coconut helped with that.

Interesting, apparently under-ripe bananas cause constipation and over-ripe help with it:

http://www.medicinenet.com/constipation_foods_5_foods_to_avoid_and_5_to_eat-page3/views.htm

4. Bananas

Bananas are a conundrum when it comes to constipation foods to avoid. It's a matter of timing: Unripe bananas can cause constipation; Ripe bananas can help relieve constipation.

Green bananas cause constipation because they still have a lot of starch, which can be hard for the body to digest. Bananas also contain pectin (fiber) that draws water from the intestines toward the stool. "So if someone is already dehydrated, this can only [worsen] the problem," King says.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This!!! Common. I hate it... But I love losing weight so I just try to eat plums and fiber and drink tons of water. It's still not normal, but I eat so differently now...