Thigh fat

Options
robyngrant739
robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have any diet/fitness advice on how to lose thigh fat? Dropping weight everywhere apart from my legs :'(

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Unfortunatly you can't spot reduce. Your bodies genetics determine when and where the fat comes off. Only thing you can do is lower overall body fat and hope it will come off.

ETA: try measuring your thighs. You might not see it yourself yet but the tape should show change as you lose weight.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your genetics dictate where it comes off of.

Eat in a deficit. You'll lose it eventually.

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    have you been measuring your legs? It can be encouraging if not infuriatingly slow process to slim the legs. I'm a pear, I know the frustration.
  • robyngrant739
    Options
    I'm a pear also :) no I might start measuring though. Am I better off avoiding squats and lunges till I notice a slight difference?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Unfortunatly you can't spot reduce. Your bodies genetics determine when and where the fat comes off. Only thing you can do is lower overall body fat and hope it will come off.

ETA: try measuring your thighs. You might not see it yourself yet but the tape should show change as you lose weight.
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your genetics dictate where it comes off of.

Eat in a deficit. You'll lose it eventually.

cosign and cosign

keep eating in a deficit and following your work out program
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear also :) no I might start measuring though. Am I better off avoiding squats and lunges till I notice a slight difference?

Do squats and lunges... they're good.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Pear as well. Sad truth is: fat comes off our thighs last, and it's the first body part where we put it back on. Drop weight overall and they'll slim down eventually. And yes, measure!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot from everywhere, including my thighs, through eating less & moving more. Much of my exercise is just brisk walking, though there is also some elliptical work, an rpm class and the dreaded lunges and squats. I was surprised by how much difference just walking made.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

no …

squats are the best overall full body workout you can do …

• robyngrant739
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    how do you know if you are a pear or an apple or? I can't tell myself
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Usually a Pear (like myself) will be leaner on the top half of the body...slim arms, smaller chest, flat/ish stomach with bigger thighs and butt.
    An Apple will have slim Legs and sometimes slim arms, but be bigger around the chest and stomach. (Maybe an Apple shaped Lady can correct me if i'm wrong).
    The good thing (i find) about being a Pear is, if you have broad shoulders you don't necessarily look like a Pear - as the shoulders and Hips kind of even out.
  • karinefournel
    karinefournel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love the squats and lunges! Embrace them!!

I've started doing squats and lunges (narrow, skiers, wide, sumo, w/leg lifts, w/knee lifts, etc and other workouts as well (walking, boot camp x2 week, yoga, elliptical, weights, body weight training, etc...)) since February 2015 and I've pretty much dropped 2 inches everywhere since then. I'm an hourglass type (broad shoulders and strong thighs, hip and buttock) so I work everything and it's starting to melt away and firm up.

Runtastic has some great apps to get you started and work your way up. I use the Butt Trainer, Leg Trainer, Six Packs, Sit-ups, Push-ups and Squats and it's paying off. Give it a go and good luck!
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I r
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Usually a Pear (like myself) will be leaner on the top half of the body...slim arms, smaller chest, flat/ish stomach with bigger thighs and butt.
    An Apple will have slim Legs and sometimes slim arms, but be bigger around the chest and stomach. (Maybe an Apple shaped Lady can correct me if i'm wrong).
    The good thing (i find) about being a Pear is, if you have broad shoulders you don't necessarily look like a Pear - as the shoulders and Hips kind of even out.

Ohhh,thank you so much, I did some google research...apparently I'm an hourglass? I am not good telling myself haha
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Another good thing to note about being bigger in the thigh/hip/butt area is that even when you're at a healthy weight your thighs may touch, that's just genetics dictating the shape of the muscling and bone underneath, as well as fat deposits.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Another good thing to note about being bigger in the thigh/hip/butt area is that even when you're at a healthy weight your thighs may touch, that's just genetics dictating the shape of the muscling and bone underneath, as well as fat deposits.

Even people who do not have bigger thighs/hips/butts usually have thighs that touch when their feet are close together. Thigh gap is more of an exception than a rule as the particular musculature/skeletal structure required for it is not too common.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Even people who do not have bigger thighs/hips/butts usually have thighs that touch when their feet are close together. Thigh gap is more of an exception than a rule as the particular musculature/skeletal structure required for it is not too common.

I didn't mean thigh gap, I mean when your walking normally your thighs will still rub a bit and when you're standing "normally", like feet shoulder width distance apart you may still experience that slight touch.
  • cbrook29
    cbrook29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can not spot reduce fat as others have mentioned. Everybody has trouble areas. Stay the course with the diet and exercise and eventually the fat will yield. My trouble area wa my waist but I kept hammering the workouts and voila it happened although it took 6 months. Was by no means overnight!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I didn't mean thigh gap, I mean when your walking normally your thighs will still rub a bit and when you're standing "normally", like feet shoulder width distance apart you may still experience that slight touch.

Ah, makes sense. I just tried it out myself and see what you mean.