Thigh fat

Options

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any diet/fitness advice on how to lose thigh fat? Dropping weight everywhere apart from my legs :'(

You and me both. My beloved family has 2 types of female bodies, skinny & nicely proportioned and pears. Guess which side I'm lucky to be on? Sigh.

It's like... I'm at the point where I have a flat stomach, but my jeans are still a 10 (or up depending on the store) because of my thighs.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    stfuriada wrote: »
    Does anyone have any diet/fitness advice on how to lose thigh fat? Dropping weight everywhere apart from my legs :'(

You and me both. My beloved family has 2 types of female bodies, skinny & nicely proportioned and pears. Guess which side I'm lucky to be on? Sigh.

It's like... I'm at the point where I have a flat stomach, but my jeans are still a 10 (or up depending on the store) because of my thighs.

Really?? Was that necessary?
  • stfuriada
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

What? That I'm expressing MY views about MY body?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Seriously.

2066659_o.gif
  • randomtai
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

What? That I'm expressing MY views about MY body?

No you weren't. You were shaming pear shaped bodies in a backhanded manner.
  • stfuriada
    Options
    WOW you guys are sensitive. So other overweight people saying they're unhappy with their body are shaming other overweight people too? Then this whole site is full of shaming.

Or hey, even the OP is shaming people with thigh fat, because she's unhappy with hers?
  • randomtai
    Options
    WOW you guys are sensitive. So other overweight people saying they're unhappy with their body are shaming other overweight people too? Then this whole site is full of shaming.

Or hey, even the OP is shaming people with thigh fat, because she's unhappy with hers?

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

What?????

Nice shaming all the pear shapes out there.

If your thighs are still too large for your tastes, you still have body fat hanging on to lose. Pear-shape is a SHAPE, not a size.

• stfuriada
    Options

What?????

If your thighs are still too large for your tastes, you still have body fat hanging on to lose. Pear-shape is a SHAPE, not a size.

So, in sum:
    - By hating on my shape, and personally not caring about what other people look like, I hate them all anyway.

Question though, honestly. When someone here posts "I don't want to be fat anymore, I hate being obese", do you all rush to tell them that they're "hating on" or "shaming" fat/obese people? Or when they say "I want to be in better shape", do you guys take that to mean as them hating on people who aren't in shape?

• PikaKnight
    edited July 2015
    Options

What?????

So, in sum:
    - By hating on my shape, and personally not caring about what other people look like, I hate them all anyway.

Question though, honestly. When someone here posts "I don't want to be fat anymore, I hate being obese", do you all rush to tell them that they're "hating on" or "shaming" fat/obese people? Or when they say "I want to be in better shape", do you guys take that to mean as them hating on people who aren't in shape?

LOL! Shape in regards to body type (which is based on genetics) =/= shape in regards to fitness or body fat. Your analogy doesn't work there.
  • randomtai
    Options
    facepalm.gif
  • stfuriada
    Options
    Cause to me, I have a body image/shape that I want FOR ME. FOR ME. I don't like *MY* shape. I was just stating that I don't want to be MY SHAPE.

I'm sure there are people happy/look great the way they are, and I'm fine with that for them, but not FOR ME. I want thinner thighs FOR ME. I hate MY genetics.

Does that make it clearer? Is that less offensive? Maybe my English isn't translating properly. This is my opinion ON JUST ME.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Cause to me, I have a body image/shape that I want FOR ME. FOR ME. I don't like *MY* shape. I was just stating that I don't want to be MY SHAPE.

I'm sure there are people happy/look great the way they are, and I'm fine with that for them, but not FOR ME. I want thinner thighs FOR ME. I hate MY genetics.

Does that make it clearer? Is that less offensive? Maybe my English isn't translating properly. This is my opinion ON JUST ME.

I feel very sorry for you. :flowerforyou: Best of luck.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

Don't you know you can't say "boo" to anyone anymore without offending them? Don't worry about it.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same problem here my lower body in general is just big, but I did notice when I first started and was running more that they started getting smaller. Like previous posters have said you cant spot reduce but if you keep losing weight you will get there, or just have big muscular legs! Either way own it!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

What?????

So, in sum:

LOL! Shape in regards to body type (which is based on genetics) =/= shape in regards to fitness or body fat. Your analogy doesn't work there.

Um, kind of.. A pear shape is partly about the skeletal structure, but genetics also determine that particular body fat distribution, and to a greater or lesser degree, hormonal workings that make it very hard to strip, without going to quite low levels of body fat. (For many, that means going to an unsustainably low body fat, over the long-term). So you can say "oh you just have more fat to lose", but that is just going to be harder for pears and probably unfeasible for most.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    how do you know if you are a pear or an apple or? I can't tell myself
    Usually a Pear (like myself) will be leaner on the top half of the body...slim arms, smaller chest, flat/ish stomach with bigger thighs and butt.
    An Apple will have slim Legs and sometimes slim arms, but be bigger around the chest and stomach. (Maybe an Apple shaped Lady can correct me if i'm wrong).
    The good thing (i find) about being a Pear is, if you have broad shoulders you don't necessarily look like a Pear - as the shoulders and Hips kind of even out.

I am built like the third one. Wider hips, big legs and broad shoulders is what I have come to embrace. Glad my husband is butt/leg man. :wink:

• randomtai
    Options

You can have a preference without shaming the other side.
  • supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, let's keep it positive! stfuriada - The description "Pear" comes from an easier to understand, non-scientific description list (made up of "apple", "hourglass" and "tube") to easily reference common genetic measurements of hip to shoulder width ratios and fat accumulation areas that differ between individuals. That's why offence has been taken, it's like you've used "pear" in place of "blob". These guys are using the term "pear" in the former sense that I described. So it's like saying everyone over 6ft is lanky. It's obvious no offence was meant, just people lost in translation on a website where 9/10 people are feeling a little self-conscious (which is fine and is pretty much the nature of the community forum to give these people support!)

Everyone else, calm the heck down. Try giving some thought or even some questioning, when someone says something you might not agree with. Talk it through! We're all here to help each other! That being said, I believe OP had a question we're supposed to be helping with?

OP - You probably know by now you can't spot reduce (lose fat from specific areas). You must lower the fat percentage of your body's overall composition, and start a decent weight lifting routine to tighten and tone EVERYTHING and you'll end up with a great, lined and full overall effect. Hope that helps!
  • randomtai
    Options
    Hey guys, let's keep it positive! stfuriada - The description "Pear" comes from an easier to understand, non-scientific description list (made up of "apple", "hourglass" and "tube") to easily reference common genetic measurements of hip to shoulder width ratios and fat accumulation areas that differ between individuals. That's why offence has been taken, it's like you've used "pear" in place of "blob". These guys are using the term "pear" in the former sense that I described. So it's like saying everyone over 6ft is lanky. It's obvious no offence was meant, just people lost in translation on a website where 9/10 people are feeling a little self-conscious (which is fine and is pretty much the nature of the community forum to give these people support!)

Everyone else, calm the heck down. Try giving some thought or even some questioning, when someone says something you might not agree with. Talk it through! We're all here to help each other! That being said, I believe OP had a question we're supposed to be helping with?

OP - You probably know by now you can't spot reduce (lose fat from specific areas). You must lower the fat percentage of your body's overall composition, and start a decent weight lifting routine to tighten and tone EVERYTHING and you'll end up with a great, lined and full overall effect. Hope that helps!

Yeah no.