Clothing inspiration

Options
I know it seems like a shallow reason to be motivated to get in shape, but is anyone else motivated by being able to wear certain clothes and look good?

For example, I love the fact that crop tops are making a comeback. I know that anyone of any size can wear them if they want, but for me personally, I wanna have a body with toned abs when I wear one. I may be of normal weight (but losing a few lbs), but I want to tone up my stomach so I look smokin' hot in crop tops. Not only that, I also wanna look good in a bikini or naked.

Looks aren't the only reason I wanna do this. I also wanna be able to do so much more physically than I can right now. I know you have to be in certain shape to do certain things and that's what I wanna do.

Am I alone in this?

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Not alone. I aimed to have slim thighs for short summer dresses and hotpants by this summer. I started in February and I'm down to 103 lbs-still not comfortable enough to wear a crop top though! Maybe when I get to goal.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Not alone. I aimed to have slim thighs for short summer dresses and hotpants by this summer. I started in February and I'm down to 103 lbs-still not comfortable enough to wear a crop top though! Maybe when I get to goal.

Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss! That's amazing! :smiley:

But I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not alone. I want to change my body shape so empire waists and wrap tops aren't the only thing that look good on me. :)
  • kimlybaker
    kimlybaker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not Alone
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    karlis87 wrote: »
    Not alone. I want to change my body shape so empire waists and wrap tops aren't the only thing that look good on me. :)

That's awesome. Are there any kind of clothes that you do wanna wear?
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I bought clothes to make myself motivated. Unfortunately for me, the style of clothing I like is big in Asia where people are tiny (compared to me). So, I bought some clothes that were, at the time, way too small for me to fit into. However, I bought them at a size that I COULD fit into if I were a healthy weight.

So now I look at them every day and eagerly await the day I can fit into them.
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was motivated to wear skinny jeans and fitted tops. I used to only wear billowy, loose fitting tops and while those are "in" it feels pretty good now to be able to wear something that actually shows off my shape rather than hiding. I am still not comfortable in shorts, so I am hoping by the end of summer I will tone up enough to rock em!
  • maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use polyvore almost exclusively to create outfits I want when I lose weight.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    I bought clothes to make myself motivated. Unfortunately for me, the style of clothing I like is big in Asia where people are tiny (compared to me). So, I bought some clothes that were, at the time, way too small for me to fit into. However, I bought them at a size that I COULD fit into if I were a healthy weight.

So now I look at them every day and eagerly await the day I can fit into them.

Awesome! :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i would love to wear a flowy shirt without looking pregnant (I carry my fat high)
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    I use polyvore almost exclusively to create outfits I want when I lose weight.

Lol The only problem with Polyvore is the outfits are too damn expensive!

dm5o3hprkj8g.jpg
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i would love to wear a flowy shirt without looking pregnant (I carry my fat high)

Lol I already look pregnant in them because my boobs are so damn big. It's like a titty tent for me.

But if you have a body type that wouldn't make it look that way if you lost weight, go for it.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used to like flowy tops, but now that I've lost a lot of weight, I find myself liking fitted stuff more. Flowy stuff just feels 'wrong' now. I prefer structured jackets to hoodies, and skinny leg jeans, rather than boot cut. It's not a matter of wanting to wear 'tight' stuff because I think I'm hot or whatever, I just think that fitted things look more put together.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    DataSeven wrote: »
    I used to like flowy tops, but now that I've lost a lot of weight, I find myself liking fitted stuff more. Flowy stuff just feels 'wrong' now. I prefer structured jackets to hoodies, and skinny leg jeans, rather than boot cut. It's not a matter of wanting to wear 'tight' stuff because I think I'm hot or whatever, I just think that fitted things look more put together.

I hear ya on the fitted things. Only I happen to have found some fitted hoodies that I love.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    Bump
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone. I just want to fit in my size 34 jeans and L shirt, currently I am wearing size 40 :( and XL is kind of tight :(. Every time I go to the store I see this nice shirts and pants, and say damn, I would love to lose weight to wear that. Hopefully one day I will.
  • shawna771
    shawna771 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am with you, but I just want to fit into my pre-surgeries and pre-meds that make you gain weight clothes again. They are beautiful expensive career clothes. And they are mostly skirts or fitted pants. All things that show off my figure - which was always tiny waist and curvy hips.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    shawna771 wrote: »
    I am with you, but I just want to fit into my pre-surgeries and pre-meds that make you gain weight clothes again. They are beautiful expensive career clothes. And they are mostly skirts or fitted pants. All things that show off my figure - which was always tiny waist and curvy hips.

Yep. It's not easy finding clothes for small waists and curved hips. You have to practically buy from the retro rockability places, and that is expensive as hell.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    Definitely not alone. I just want to fit in my size 34 jeans and L shirt, currently I am wearing size 40 :( and XL is kind of tight :(. Every time I go to the store I see this nice shirts and pants, and say damn, I would love to lose weight to wear that. Hopefully one day I will.
    You'll get there. Just keep on going! :smile:
  • colls0325
    colls0325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes! Clothing is one of my biggest inspirations! I have an inspiration board on Pinterest of outfits to keep me motivated. For me, it would be pencil skirts, cute belts, boots that I don't have to be in wide calfs, fitted dresses,...I could go on and on...:) Great post!