Clothing inspiration

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i would love to wear a flowy shirt without looking pregnant (I carry my fat high)

Lol I already look pregnant in them because my boobs are so damn big. It's like a titty tent for me.

But if you have a body type that wouldn't make it look that way if you lost weight, go for it.

I love that description!!! Fitted shirts are a god-send.

I already bought my outfits. :) They all FIT, but they don't look GOOD.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    I have a whole other wardrobe in bins in the basement ... smaller clothes, I used to be able to wear.

This weekend I'm digging them out and trying them on!

I've lost 15 kg, and what I've got in the upstairs wardrobe is getting too big for me. There's one pair of pants in particular I just about drown in when I put them on now. :smiley:

I doubt I'll be into the really small stuff yet, but it would be nice if I could make a few exchanges ... stuff that is too big now for stuff that fits. :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Jeans have always been inspiration for me. I hated how I looked in jeans when I was sizes 20-24. I always feel like jeans should either showcase or create an illusion of a nice perky backside. But there's just a point where no amount of designer magic could make my fat behind look decent. It wasn't until I started wearing 18's did my backside start looking somewhat 'enhanced' and flattered in jeans. And the smaller I get, the nicer my behind looks in jeans.

Dresses too are somewhat inspriring, I want the option and felt dresses weren't an option when I was larger. But I have had an aversion to dresses due to being educated in private schools where we had to wear dresses, at the knee or below, no less. I would like to move past that and embrace wearing dresses because I feel I can and because I feel I chose to do so.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I love fashion. I'm having a lot of fun being able to fit into clothes better now. There's nothing wrong with it!
  • arditarose
    Yes!! I saw so many cute bikinis and dresses in the shops today.. unfortunately it's the middle of Winter here so I will be waiting to buy any Spring / Summer clothes for now. I'm excited to finally feel comfortable wearing shorts once the warmer weather comes around.. I haven't worn shorts in ages lol

I got my first pair since middle school this year. Fashion wise, I never really liked them. But man is it nice to finally just throw on a pair of shorts and go for a walk without figuring out some dress combination or wear hot jeans.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I went into the dept store yesterday and tried on some fancy cocktail dresses that were very form-fitting. They looked fabulous! I don't have anywhere to wear one so it was just for fun, but what a motivater.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    I went into the dept store yesterday and tried on some fancy cocktail dresses that were very form-fitting. They looked fabulous! I don't have anywhere to wear one so it was just for fun, but what a motivater.

If it looks good enough, wouldn't it inspire your SO to take you somewhere appropriate? :) DOUBLE REWARD!

Triple, if you count what happens after you get back home again...
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    colls0325 wrote: »
    Yes! Clothing is one of my biggest inspirations! I have an inspiration board on Pinterest of outfits to keep me motivated. For me, it would be pencil skirts, cute belts, boots that I don't have to be in wide calfs, fitted dresses,...I could go on and on...:) Great post!

Yasss! Clothing on Pinterest!
  • IronBatMaiden
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i would love to wear a flowy shirt without looking pregnant (I carry my fat high)

Lol I already look pregnant in them because my boobs are so damn big. It's like a titty tent for me.

But if you have a body type that wouldn't make it look that way if you lost weight, go for it.

I love that description!!! Fitted shirts are a god-send.

I already bought my outfits. :) They all FIT, but they don't look GOOD.

Ikr!?

Keep on going and they'll look fabulous.
  • IronBatMaiden
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yes!! I saw so many cute bikinis and dresses in the shops today.. unfortunately it's the middle of Winter here so I will be waiting to buy any Spring / Summer clothes for now. I'm excited to finally feel comfortable wearing shorts once the warmer weather comes around.. I haven't worn shorts in ages lol

I got my first pair since middle school this year. Fashion wise, I never really liked them. But man is it nice to finally just throw on a pair of shorts and go for a walk without figuring out some dress combination or wear hot jeans.

Wow! Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment!
  • Nataysha88
    Nataysha88 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2015
    At The Moment This Is My Inspiration .. I'm Going To A Racing Carnival In 1 Month And I Want To Wear This fgst7avpbk0u.jpg
    and At Least Feel Comfortable In It
  • IronBatMaiden
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Jeans have always been inspiration for me. I hated how I looked in jeans when I was sizes 20-24. I always feel like jeans should either showcase or create an illusion of a nice perky backside. But there's just a point where no amount of designer magic could make my fat behind look decent. It wasn't until I started wearing 18's did my backside start looking somewhat 'enhanced' and flattered in jeans. And the smaller I get, the nicer my behind looks in jeans.

Dresses too are somewhat inspriring, I want the option and felt dresses weren't an option when I was larger. But I have had an aversion to dresses due to being educated in private schools where we had to wear dresses, at the knee or below, no less. I would like to move past that and embrace wearing dresses because I feel I can and because I feel I chose to do so.

Oh boy. Do I know the feeling about private school. I went to one from 3rd grade to 6th grade and they instilled that crap in us. Hell, we weren't even allowed to wear hip huggers (this was back in the early 2000's when they first came out), but so many middle schoolers sneaked them in. Lol
  • IronBatMaiden
    Nataysha88 wrote: »
    At The Moment This Is My Inspiration .. I'm Going To A Racing Carnival In 1 Month And I Want To Wear This fgst7avpbk0u.jpg

That dress is gorgeous! I love it!!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I have a skirt that I totally love. I wore it last about 9 years ago. My NSV was to be able to wear it again. I reached that goal in March 2015. Still it is not my endpoint but it was fo a long time a motivator
  • IronBatMaiden
    I have a skirt that I totally love. I wore it last about 9 years ago. My NSV was to be able to wear it again. I reached that goal in March 2015. Still it is not my endpoint but it was fo a long time a motivator

What is your long time motivator?
  • arditarose
    Nataysha88 wrote: »

This dress is amazing! I love the straps.
  • IronBatMaiden
    ou237h6nsm3f.jpg

Excuse the horrible lighting, but this is what I look like in a crop top right now.
  • IronBatMaiden
    dvyu2sk1crwi.jpg
    Another crop top I just bought but I wanna look smokin' when I'm toned.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Yes! One of my biggest motivators is to be able to just throw on jeans and a top in the morning, without having to check myself at every angle in the mirror to see if I've got a muffin top. I'll have so much more choice in clothing once that area of fat is gone.